Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much money does Disneyland make in a day?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How much money does Disneyland make in a day?

When I was there on the 9th & 10th I thought to myself man they must make a lot of money.
    with: Tickets, food, photos, & shopping ...like the huge disney store
    So how much do they make on lets say a friday or Saturday without a holiday and with?

Re: How much money does Disneyland make in a day?

Probably takes in $3 million and spends half of that on expenses to run the park. I have no idea, I'm just guessing. Ask the company's CFO.

Comment

If you ask that question to Disney....They say they not making any money
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I heard that after 12:00 they make pure profit.

Comment

Well, that info is on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know! :lol:

But as I can attest to, since my 13 (or so) year old stocks haven't performed like I had hoped, they aren't making nearly enough!!!

Oh well, it's only money...

Comment

It's tough to say. You can calculate doing 85,000 guests on peak days at say, $72 each, that'd be $6,120,000, but since its a local based park, a lot of those people are pass holders not needing to pay admission, so that number would drop greatly. Plus you need to take away costs, however, some of those costs are offset with sponsors (i.e.: Honda) so that can also be a tough calcuation. And on top of that, things are bought in HUGE bulk, so their cost on merchandise can result in HUGE profits.

I am very much sure that Disneyland (or the resort in general) is doing VERY well if they can do a $1 billion dollar refurb/redesign of DCA in the middle of a bad economy along with the expansion of the Grand Californian.

As far as stocks go, I wouldn't judge the stock performance based on Disneyland as the it's a Walt Disney Company stock that covers the whole company, so just because one area of the company may be doing well, it wouldn't necessarily apply to everywhere else.

Comment

Well, since the Walt Disney Company owns 11 theme parks, its own movie studio, Touchstone, Hollywood, Miramax, Pixar, is buying Marvel Comics, owns the ABC Television network, the Disney Channel, Radio Disney, ESPN, several record companies, the Disney Stores, two cruise ships, all those hotels, control of an entire island in the Bahamas, and had total revenue of over $37 billion in 2008, I would say the company as a whole is doing very well. I'm sure they could easily afford turn Disneyland into an absolute state-of-the-art, cutting edge, dream theme park if they really wanted to. There is still a lot of Disney-owned land outside the berm. And if they can pay $96 million for the strawberry fields south of Katella I'd say that major expenditures are generally not a problem for them. For them to just let Disneyland lay fallow all this time - pushing 15 years since a new E-ticket level attraction was built within Disneyland, seems pretty shameful to me.

Comment

11 parks? Its only 9, right?

Disneyland Park
                Disney's California Adventure
                The Magic Kingdom
                Epcot
                Disney's Hollywood Studios
                Disney's Animal Kingdom
                Disneyland Paris
                Disney's Hollywood Studios Paris
                Hong Kong Disneyland

Aren't the Tokyo Parks are actually owned by the Oriental land Company?

Comment

and they only own majority shares in the Hong Kong park (something like 52% I thought) rather than The Walt Disney Company owning it outright - correct?

Comment

Correct - Disney designed the Tokyo resort, but it's owned by the OLC.

Comment

LOTS!!! They make lots and lots of money!

Comment

Also, what do they spend on wages and worker comp insurance. I would imagine working with rides bumps their edd insurance up to the most costly.

Also, money spent to maintain the park.....They make a profit, but it's not as cut in dry as how much they bring in during the day, because they have money going out as well.

Comment

Originally posted by UbIwerks View Post
                          11 parks? Its only 9, right?

Disneyland Park
                          Disney's California Adventure
                          The Magic Kingdom
                          Epcot
                          Disney's Hollywood Studios
                          Disney's Animal Kingdom
                          Disneyland Paris
                          Disney's Hollywood Studios Paris
                          Hong Kong Disneyland

Aren't the Tokyo Parks are actually owned by the Oriental land Company?
                          Your forgetting Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard beach... IF they count.

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

well the money isn't going to the cast members haha. But really for a two day park hopper for two people I paid $300.
                            For two pizzas, 1 drink, and bread at the pizza place was $21 and thats for only two people.
                            At the Blue Bayou we spent about $80
                            and then theres your drink or popcorn for $3 a pop
                            and the shopping ugh the shopping
                            I know they make a lot of money a day in just sales in a whole before expenses.
                            While waiting for the parade at night you can see people running up to get blinky balloons and glow necklaces. Oh the pins can be addicting! But this is just the park itself not including the huge store downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                              Also, what do they spend on wages and worker comp insurance. I would imagine working with rides bumps their edd insurance up to the most costly.

Also, money spent to maintain the park.....They make a profit, but it's not as cut in dry as how much they bring in during the day, because they have money going out as well.
                              Correct, almost all of the profits go straight to capital accumulation. I personally think Disney gives bargain deals to is customers, Passholders especially. When I hear things like "The food shood be cheaper" I can only laugh, do people not realize how many people there are in the park at any given time? How much food there is to serve them, and most importantly, space for eaters to occupy? When you take that into consideration, food price is for the most part on par with restaurant equivalents OUTSIDE the park. When people stop buying their food, that is when their price is too high.

Comment

In short, if Disneyland weren't making enough, it wouldn't have been in business for the past 54 years. :P (always wanted to do that one hehe)

Comment

I was talking to my brother tonight about why Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea have had so much money invested in the parks. He said both parks make twice as much money per visitor selling merchandise compared to the state side parks.

I wonder if it's the same merchandise but people are just hungrier for it? Or do they have super pimpin' merch too??

Also, I'm sure a specific answer to this threads original Q can be found if you massage the numbers found in the Disney Co. annual report.

Comment

I wouldn't mind the food prices if the food quality was higher.
                                    Apart from Carnation Cafe and the restaurants inNOS, I can't find anything worth buying in Disneyland Park.

Comment

Don't forget the real profit center, the parking struture! They have almost no cost to operate it and it costs a small fortune to park in it. Man, they should have skipped building Disneyland and just built parking strutures!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
                                        Well, since the Walt Disney Company owns 11 theme parks, its own movie studio, Touchstone, Hollywood, Miramax, Pixar, is buying Marvel Comics, owns the ABC Television network, the Disney Channel, Radio Disney, ESPN, several record companies, the Disney Stores, two cruise ships, all those hotels, control of an entire island in the Bahamas, and had total revenue of over $37 billion in 2008
                                        Plus two more on the horizon.

I wonder how Disney compares to Microsoft (in revenue)?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X