This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm getting nervous...

It took me a while to write my post, Mycroft16, so sorry that it seems I'm ignoring your information. Thanks for another option! I think we want to try to watch the fireworks from the hub as I would really like to see Zero fly, but if we're really losing it and want to be able to sit for Fantasmic, this could be a great plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalia3001 View Post
      It took me a while to write my post, Mycroft16, so sorry that it seems I'm ignoring your information.
      Not at all I know how that goes. I'm Mr. Long Post himself. I hope you get to see the fireworks from the hub as well. If you're up near the front for the fireworks as soon as they are over heading through the Gardens to the left of the castle and through the covered tunnel that leads into Frontierland by Rancho del Zocalo is a quick way to get back to Fantasmic! and still get a pretty decent seat given that they will have just started letting people into that area. You won't be right up front, but it probably won't be too bad. So there's a Plan C even

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Great advice above, I think you are going to have a fabulous day!!!

The Halloween fireworks are so incredible, just make sure wherever you are you can see the castle, especially the top left side of the castle. Seeing this really made the show for me.

Remember in the hub/street area, they always make people stand up and move forward about 25 or so minutes before the show starts, which can actually work for you if you know it's coming (but don't count on tooooo much movement forward)!

Hope your packed Sunday is a dream come true!

Comment

Thanks again Brian!
          Your welcome...some things I thought about when reading your post

Your plan looks great. Thanks to everyone else who has contributed as well. We will definitely try the Corn Dogs. Neither my husband nor I have had one in years, but they sound good. We're also both looking forward to pumpkin muffins, at some point.
          Corn Dog Wagon is located near the Main Street Building and the restaurant on the east side of the park

Does anyone know if they have been opening Main Street early over the past few weekends when there is a Magic Morning going on? If Main Street is open, is the bakery open so that can we get a coffee and a muffin before the rope drop?
          Not sure, but if I remember correctly they stopped the rope drop ceremony. For breakfast I would recommend getting something near your hotel. Stop at a Starbucks and then go the park

We had planned on getting to the entrance at around 7:30, leaving the Motel 6 at 7:00. This way we can hopefully get a locker (great idea to get one outside, I never would have thought of that and probably would have forgotten about getting a locker alltogether), and a coffee on Main street (if that is possible) before rope drop. We are coffee addicts, and are worried that whatever the Motel 6 supplies and the instant Starbucks powder I'm bringing might not quite get us going. If we can't get coffee on Main Street before opening, we can survive for an hour or so and one of us can get us some coffee at some point while the other is getting a FP or something.
          Coffee in the park after a hour would be good as well. Tomorrowland Terrace for Coffee between SPace Mtn FP and the walk to Big Thunder could work

Knowing that we should head to DCA around 2pm is very helpful as well. This way I can follow the guidelines you have posted, and possibly check out some of the other stuff I would like to visit as time allows. .
          Things I like at DCA... Get a fastpass for Tower then go watch the Aladdin show. If timed perfectly you can watch the show and after the show your fastpass will be ready for Tower. Mickey Wheel is fun if the wait is short. Don't forget the NEW Midway Games. Single Rider for Muholland Madness, Animation Building... some cool things there like the Toy Story Model and Crush Talk,and finally the Blue Sky Cellar

We may not have the mental fortitude to hold off on using our first Space Mtn FP until the evening though. If we have an extra 30 min before 2pm during which no window will open when we should be collecting a FP would it mess up our plan in some way I'm not anticipating to ride Space Mtn before heading over to DCA?.
          Reason I recommend holding off on Space is that the ride seems a ton cooler at night. Plus with the new halloween lighting system it makes it even better. (DONT Forget to look at the Halloween lights on Space Mtn)

It's going to be a big change for us to try to do everything we want to do in one day. Usually we drive down (from San Jose), and last time I brought a microwave, a cooler full of frozen meals, and about a ton of luggage. This time we're trying to only have carryon backpacks. We've also never tried to be in the parks from opening to closing. I think we'll be fine if we take a leisurely lunch break and spend some time refueling during the afternoon at the Cove Bar. It seems like the time we would have to take going to and from the Motel 6 may well negate the bit of rest we would get there. I make us sound like we're super fragile, ha ha. We're not really that badly off, we both just work insane hours during the week, and since we're cramming this trip into my one day weekend I want to try to minimize fatigue. ?.
          Do not rush it. The plan is made so you don't have to walk back and forth to much. Also catch a show here and there to enjoy the resting time

Thank you all again for your help!
          Your welcome, let me know how it works out for you.

Maybe next time I can help you do even more things in one day

-Brian

Comment

I don't really have any advice, persay. But I went to the park last weekend for my mother and aunt's (their twins) birthdays, and despite what's been said on micechat, Sunday actually seemed much less crowded than Saturday was. I hope this comforts you and you won't be so nervous!

Comment

Yay, thanks everyone.

I'm much more excited than nervous now, and my husband is really happy because I'm much less stressed out. I can't wait!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X