This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] It's not on the list.[Disney relatd things you do not want to do]

Do you have a mental list of Disney related things that you would like to accomplish in your lifetime? The purpose of this thread is not to talk about what is on your list, but what isn't on your list.

For me, going to Disneyland, and Disney World is an emotional thing. Some things just make me giggle like a little child. Or I may be seen smiling like the cheshire cat. When I know I am about to do, or see some of my favorite things on vacation, I have a hard time sleeping the night before.

I must admit, that some of the things that I have no desire to do, or see are things that others have expressed a longing for.

Many MiceChatters have expressed a desire to enjoy a meal at Club 33. For me, it's not on my list.

What isn't on your list?
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-19-2009, 04:36 PM. Reason: title changed to reflect thread's content
    BarbaraAnn

re: It's not on the list.[Disney relatd things you do not want to do]

I've lived without Princess Fair, Fairy Grotto or Biddi Boutique so far!

Comment

to EVER step into a princess shop, not that it matters
      X)
      Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Comment

Add me to the list of "who cares about Club 33" people. Something that's not available to everyone is of no interest to me and I wouldn't even consider it part of Disneyland. Also not much interest in DCA as I still haven't set foot in it and probably won't until 2012. No interest in Disney Princess Fantasy Fair or anything in Mickey's Toontown. The Roger Rabbit ride is poison because of the injury and subsequent death of that boy. Same with Big Thunder - poisoned forever. Watched "The Many Adventures of Pooh" on Youtube and that's all I ever need of that ride.
        Last edited by Bob Weaver; 10-19-2009, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
          I've lived without Princess Fair, Fairy Grotto or Biddi Boutique so far!
          Exactly!

Of course, if I had young daughters... but I don't.

Comment

I have no need to ride Maliboomer. Definitely not on my list. I like ToT just fine, but rides that drop you a long way and then force you to decelerate quickly at the bottom tend to hurt my stomach.

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
            The Roger Rabbit ride is poison because of the injury and subsequent death of that boy. Same with Big Thunder - poisoned forever.
            I won't try to tell you what you should do, nor do I want to downplay how tragic those incidents were, but by that logic, almost any street that you can drive on has been poisoned, and probably with greater frequency and concentration.

Comment

By that I mean you can't really enjoy those rides any more. You're thinking about that person who died because of it and not by their own fault.

Comment

Re: It's not on the list.[Disney relatd things you do not want to do]

I just checked my list (yes, I have one saved on my computer!)...
                and Club 33 is not on my list.
                It's not on my list because I doubt that I'll ever get the chance to go. But if for some crazy reason I was given an oppurtunity...I wouldn't decline.

Also not on my list is the MaliBOOMer. I have absolutely no desire to be shot up in the air.

Comment

For me, it's HISTA. I have absolutely no desire to see that again. For DCA, Playhouse Disney Live on Stage is not on my list. I don't have little kids, so the overall appeal of this is lost on me.

Also, a general rule of thumb is anything having to do with High School Musical, I will avoid. If you build it, I will not come.

Comment

Some things I feel no need to do:

Maliboomer
                    Screamin'
                    Mulholand Madness (Did it once, never again)
                    Inoventions (same, once was more than enough)
                    HISTA
                    And everything that CA listed. I'm sure theres more but thats what I can think of off the top of my head.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Indiana Jones is a ride that I have no desire to ever ride. My grandson has ridden the ride numerous times, and he has told me that I wouldn't like it. He knows his grandmother well.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

I will never do any of the rides like Dumbo, it's just not for someone who isn't under the age of 15 or so.

I also feel the same way about most of the storybook Fantasyland rides, Peter Pan is adorable but Alice, Mr Toad and Snow White are rather pointless and incomplete.
                        DLR/DCA: x10: 2019,2015,2014,2007,2008,2009,2010,2012,2003,1999
                        WDW: 1x 2009
                        Tall Ship Sailor: ​Lady Washington 2011

Comment

Big Thunder Mountain. I just.. can't do it. To think it could've been me that day - I was supposed to be there that Friday! I can't see myself having fun in a ride where something so tragic happened I know people have died in other locations, but the ride still gives me the creeps.
                          - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Things not on my to do list at disneyland eh?

HISTA
                            INNOVENTIONS
                            STARCADE
                            Astro Orbiter (Love dumbo though)
                            Finding Nemo
                            (this is depressing as tomorrowland was my favorite land)
                            Casey Junior / Story Book Canals
                            Toon Town (all of it since i can't ride gadget's go coaster anymore)
                            Tom Sawyer Island (no real interest)
                            Columbia
                            Rafts
                            Jungle Cruise
                            Pooh

As for DCA
                            Bug's land
                            tough to be a bug
                            that fancy restaurant in the vineyard
                            Aladdin Musical
                            Rosie talking about tortillas
                            High School Music Kill

Comment

Not directly related to Disneyland, but I see no reason to join the DVC or stay at Disney hotels. Why? Well, for DVC, I just see no point. For the hotels, why spend loads of money when I can get a good room across the street?

Comment

Storybook canal boats in NOT ON MY LIST.
                                For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                                http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
                                  By that I mean you can't really enjoy those rides any more. You're thinking about that person who died because of it and not by their own fault.
                                  Well, by that logic, I'm assuming you can't enjoy the sailing ship Coumbia either?
                                  For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                                  http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Do not want:
                                    the 'shows'
                                    most of the parades
                                    characters and any of the corrals where they are found
                                    HISTA
                                    Innoventions (fool me once...etc)

As for Club33, yes I would love to eat there once. It won't happen, but since I was a child and thought I was a trivia expert because I knew it existed, I have wanted to go. Not because it's 'exclusive' but because it's part of DL lore, and still an authentic Walt spot. And I hear the food's good too.

It's unfortunate that people have been injured and even killed at the park, but I don't think about that when I'm there anymore than I think about people killed in kitchen accidents when I slice bread, or accident victims when I'm driving.

Comment

Big Thunder, Roger Rabbit, Sailing Ship Columbia, Mission: Space or the monorails at WDW. All tainted and I don't see how anyone who knows about these incidents could enjoy being on any of those, as they are death zones. People who know nothing about them could enjoy them, though. Ignorance is bliss.

Comment

fantasmic or seeing any show more than once. ex. fireworks, parades, Aladdin.....tiki room (that just was weird for the 3 minutes I tried to watch it.) The tree house...bad knee and the stairs are brutal.

Anytime the crowds get to be to intense the entire resort goes on my not do list....and I leave.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X