This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Thanksgiving at Disneyland

I was wondering how many people have spent Thanksgiving at Disneyland? Is it super busy? Are the Thanksgiving buffets good?

Thanks!

Re: Thanksgiving at Disneyland

I have never gone myself at Thanksgiving, but I understand it is mad busy on that day.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by CarrieV82 View Post
      I was wondering how many people have spent Thanksgiving at Disneyland? Is it super busy? Are the Thanksgiving buffets good?

Thanks!
      It starts slow, but by mid afternoon it is packed. The buffets are generally sold out a week or 2 ahead of time, but most say it is good.
      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

We have spent the past 6 years at the Resort for Thanksgiving and will be there once again this year.

We enjoy the T-Day Buffet in the DLH's Grand Ballroom with some very close friends. It has become our family tradition.

We stay at the Resort from the Wed before T-Day into the following week. We might pop in on T-Day itself, but our experience has been that it is very crowded. We avoid the Resort on the Friday and Saturday by going to other Parks. DL is way too crowded for our tastes on those two days (and they usually end up with gate closures). By Sunday afternoon and into the evening, the crowds start to lighten up. After the Sunday night fireworks, the place EMPTIES out. Monday will be light to moderate (stragglers) and then from Tuesday thru to the next Friday, you'll own the place!

Do a search here on MC. There have been plenty of threads started on this subject. You'll have plenty of reading material to browse over...

Comment

If any cast member has the details for this years Thanksgiving specific, we would appreciate the information, such as which restaurants are open and offering a special menu for Thanksgiving day, what the differences will be on the menus between the restaurant, and the prices at the various restaurants.
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

We were there on Thanksgiving last year (and may go this year). I have to admit, we ate at Cafe Orleans and it was awful! I had a Monte Cristo, thankfully, but, hubby got whatever Thanksgiving thing they made and he sent it back. I'd say to stick to the hotels or wherever they have a GOOD meal. It wasn't at Cafe Orleans!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
              If any cast member has the details for this years Thanksgiving specific, we would appreciate the information, such as which restaurants are open and offering a special menu for Thanksgiving day, what the differences will be on the menus between the restaurant, and the prices at the various restaurants.

It sounds to me like the CM that you should be speaking to is the one that answers the phone when you call Disney Dining at 714-781-DINE.

They will have the answers to all of your questions. And then some!

Comment

My family has gone for the last 6 years at Thanksgiving time. We go Monday-Thursday. The crowds get bigger as the week progresses. Last year we took some friends ( ages 6-15) on Thanksgiving day from 8am-11pm and we were able to do 38 attractions in one day!!! We even took 2 hours away for dinner at the hotel. Some years have more crowded than others, but we love the decorations and the shows. We are going again this year and can't wait.

Comment

I've been on Thanksgiving twice in the past...the parks get really crowded, but they serve up a decent turkey dinner at Cafe Orleans!

Comment

I went last year and it was fantastic in the morning. However, the park could not have been more busy in the afternoon. The day before and the day after Thanksgiving were also super busy.
                    - Bobd

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X