• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MatterhornJ
    Disney Fan & Musician

• Mar 2009

[Question] December 1

Are all of the christmas decorations up by the first? Would I be better off going the first week or second week of December? (I know it's usually slow those times) Is Splash mountain too cold to go on?
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)
  • Cadensmama07
    Murphy Lover
    • Apr 2009

Re: December 1

The christmas decorations are up and open the the public on november 13th. Yipee!
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

Comment

• dmomof4
      MiceChatter
      • Oct 2008

Well on Dec 7 and 8th, Disneyland will be closing early for the Cast Member Holiday Party..so if you want to go for long days at the park...then you might stay away those days... Have a great trip!

Comment

• Dustysage
        Man of mystery and
        MiceChat Administrator
        • Jan 2005

Sure are. The parks are always fully ready for Christmas by Thanksgiving (with much of it up long before that).
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
        Save

Comment

• MatterhornJ
          Disney Fan & Musician

• Mar 2009

Thanks everyone! If I did this trip on a budget, would the Motel 6 with redesigned rooms be good? They have very cheap rates at this time. About $50 a night.
          Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

• splash114
            I Love Disneyland
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MatterhornJ View Post
            Are all of the christmas decorations up by the first? Would I be better off going the first week or second week of December? (I know it's usually slow those times) Is Splash mountain too cold to go on?
            I love Splash Mountain, but don't go on it in the late fall or winter. You will get wet and stay wet. Early afternoons aren't too bad, but evenings can be chilly with a breeze.
            Adults are only kids grown up, anyway - Walt Disney

Comment

• sleepyjeff
              Spree Candy
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by splash114 View Post
              I love Splash Mountain, but don't go on it in the late fall or winter. You will get wet and stay wet. Early afternoons aren't too bad, but evenings can be chilly with a breeze.
              This is why I love visiting in the Winter.......Splash has much shorter lines and Grizzly can be a walk-on

I am from Oregon's Willamette Valley.....we're practically ducks up here:lol:
              Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

• Gandalf75
                Wishing upon a star....
                • Mar 2009

It doesn't matter how cold it is, Splash is always worth it.

But if you are too worried about getting wet (which I know can be uncomfortable), I go to the $1 Store and they have ponchos 2 for a $1 and I get them for all of our party. We wear them and then throw them away or give them to people in line.

Comment

• sleepyjeff
                  Spree Candy
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Gandalf75 View Post
                  It doesn't matter how cold it is, Splash is always worth it.

But if you are too worried about getting wet (which I know can be uncomfortable), I go to the $1 Store and they have ponchos 2 for a $1 and I get them for all of our party. We wear them and then throw them away or give them to people in line.
                  Went to Epcot many, many years ago with a friend and he was a little too into his looks back then. So when he saw that you might get wet on the Maelstrom ride he elected to skip it.

While he waited outside I went on it by myself.......when I came out I was completely dry and he was completely drenched by a typical central Florida torrential rain storm
                  Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

• Gandalf75
                    Wishing upon a star....
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                    Went to Epcot many, many years ago with a friend and he was a little too into his looks back then. So when he saw that you might get wet on the Maelstrom ride he elected to skip it.

While he waited outside I went on it by myself.......when I came out I was completely dry and he was completely drenched by a typical central Florida torrential rain storm
                    That is hilarious!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X