This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Ghost Galaxy Spoilers!

Anyone care to share a detailed description of the halloween makeover of Space Mountain (Ghost Galaxy)? I am a big chicken when it comes to scares and even though I can't imagine Disneyland making this "pee your pants scary" I'd still like to know what I'm getting into! Scary images don't scare me so much as what I like to call "pop outs" do! I hate being jumped out at!

So here on this thread.....spoilers are welcome! :thumbup:

Re: Ghost Galaxy Spoilers!

There is only 1 pop out on the ride and it is at the VERY VERY end right before you turn back into the loading station. It's after the camera flashes.

The rest of the ride you see the ghostly apparitions as you approach them and some follow you as you go through turns. It's not a super convincing "reach out and grab you" effect at all. It's more just fun and cool looking. Little kids could possibly be scared by it. The ride itself is the same so no surprises there. The "powering up" tunnel is pitch black instead of having the blue lights running down it.

I think you should be fine on this one if pop outs are all that get you. It's on the left side of the vehicle at the VERY end of the ride. Like very last possible second before you are in the unloading room.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

wow i didn't even notice the pop out. the couple times we rode it yesterday i was on the right so maybe that's why.

in general ghost galaxy is really no big deal.. it's not an extremely elaborate overlay like the haunted mansion.

Comment

Ghost Galaxy is a very seamless overlay. i wouldn't be surprised if people rode it not knowing of a lot of the changes would even know they were there other than the very obvious changes.

i do like the overlay.. but pretty much, you wont get scared..
        -plagued

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
          There is only 1 pop out on the ride and it is at the VERY VERY end right before you turn back into the loading station. It's after the camera flashes.

The rest of the ride you see the ghostly apparitions as you approach them and some follow you as you go through turns. It's not a super convincing "reach out and grab you" effect at all. It's more just fun and cool looking. Little kids could possibly be scared by it. The ride itself is the same so no surprises there. The "powering up" tunnel is pitch black instead of having the blue lights running down it.

I think you should be fine on this one if pop outs are all that get you. It's on the left side of the vehicle at the VERY end of the ride. Like very last possible second before you are in the unloading room.
          So what is it that pops out at you at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Disney_Belle View Post
            So what is it that pops out at you at the end?
            Nothing really pops out, but in the black space in that corner, right as you pass it, they turn on a projection of the ghostly face. It's accompanied by a screeching sort of painful yell from the ghost. It's not super loud, but it comes after the ride is generally considered over so it can catch you off guard. It doesn't jump out at you and it's just a projection, but the effect is the same as a physical "pop out" effect.

I still wouldn't worry. Sit towards the back or the right side and it won't be in your face at all. The effects seemed to be timed for the 4th row.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Nothing really pops out, but in the black space in that corner, right as you pass it, they turn on a projection of the ghostly face. It's accompanied by a screeching sort of painful yell from the ghost. It's not super loud, but it comes after the ride is generally considered over so it can catch you off guard. It doesn't jump out at you and it's just a projection, but the effect is the same as a physical "pop out" effect.

I still wouldn't worry. Sit towards the back or the right side and it won't be in your face at all. The effects seemed to be timed for the 4th row.

Your awesome! Now I'm prepared and ready to ride! Thanks "mycroft 16"!! :yea:

Comment

^You are most welcome. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

Comment

the last time i rode the coaster, i was in the 4th row on the right side (i gave priority to my friends who haven't ridden it). my friends were in the 3rd row, and from where i was sitting, all i saw was the popout with my friend's silhouette. it was literally IN his face. so i was pretty sure (at least on this instance) it was time exactly at the 3rd row. but really anything from the 3-5th row should get a pretty good startle.
                  -plagued

Comment

Originally posted by plagued View Post
                    the last time i rode the coaster, i was in the 4th row on the right side (i gave priority to my friends who haven't ridden it). my friends were in the 3rd row, and from where i was sitting, all i saw was the popout with my friend's silhouette. it was literally IN his face. so i was pretty sure (at least on this instance) it was time exactly at the 3rd row. but really anything from the 3-5th row should get a pretty good startle.
                    Thanks "plagued"! I can handle ghostly projections. I thought maybe they might have added a creepy animatronic or something, which I'm sure fans of being scared might have enjoyed, but for me....relief! It's only projected images! :thumbup:

Comment

If you're still curious, check out the soundtrack from the ride here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlSO3xaQE8U&feature=player_profilepage]YouTube - Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy On-Board Audio[/ame]

The screech accompanying the pop-out at the end can be heard at 2:34.

Comment

I really loved the new audio for the ride. It was superbly done and fit the ride really well.

Comment

I rode in the front on the left side and that last "pop-out" got me in the end:lol: Since the "powering up" tunnel is so black, we kept expecting something to jump out at us, especially since we were in front. We found it pretty eerie sitting in front with the creepy music and nothing but pitch black around us.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X