This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report October 15-16 2009 - Disneyland

This is my first trip report and I don't want to bore you guys with little details but I did want to share my photos. I have 147 pictures in my album for this trip. We live in Bakersfield so we left for the park around 1pm on Thursday the 15th for the Mickey's Trick or Treat party. Well, there was a TON of traffic on the I-5 so we went off the beaten path a bit. We eventually got there around 5:30pm and raced to check into the Paradise Pier. I love the Paradise Pier Hotel. It is relatively inexpensive and still has the Disney touch. They upgraded our room to a suite for free so that was pretty cool. I probably wouldn't reserve a suite but it was nice enough.

We raced to get into our costumes and head down to meet our friends at the entrance to California Adventure. It turned out that everyone else was still getting ready so we went inside and grabbed our bags. We wandered through Hollywood Bat-lot and I took some photos of various characters dancing and things while it was still semi-light outside.

We met up with our friends and ended up doing 2-3 laps around the park hitting the candy stands and checking out all the characters. There were seven people in our party. My husband and I went as Ron Stoppable and Kim Possible, complete with Rufus! The costumes were pretty simple to make and very noticeable. Cast Members sang the theme song to us and one even squealed when she realized who we were! It was so much fun. I set the ringtone on my iPhone to be the Kimmunicator noise so that got a few looks as well. All in all, we had a great time.

We were exhausted and hungry by the end of the night. We went to the Denny's on Katella for a late night snack. The food was not that great and the server totally gave us a mean attitude for no reason. It wasn't busy or anything at the restaurant but it seemed like there was only like 2 people working that night. We decided not to let it ruin our night and went back to our respective hotels to sleep and get up early the next morning for a full day of park hopping!

The next morning my husband and I got up around 9am. Not very early but we figured that we would be ok since it was a Friday and it didn't seem like it would be too busy. Our friends were in line for Space Mountain so my husband went to join them and I chose to do a photo session with Rufus. He is too adorable not to take around the park.

We hit the hub first where Rufus met up with some of his friends!

He got into the Halloween spirit and posed with some pumpkins!

And also the Man and the Mouse!

Castle Shot!

Closeup castle shot (someone stopped me and asked if I worked for Disney or if I was taking the photos for a contest while I was taking this photo! )

Matterhorn!

We got in line for Tinkerbell but it was taking too long and I was standing in the sun. At this point, I was starting to get really hot so I figured a frozen apple drink would be awesome!

Monorail ride + frozen apple drink = Happy Rufus

Nemo Submarines

We rode It's a Small World next:

The others were finally done riding Space Mountain so we headed to the Matterhorn to get in line and take Rufus on his first thrill ride.
    My husband with Rufus!

Our friend's daughter with Rufus

After Matterhorn we were all extremely hot so we figured we should get wet. We headed to California Adventure and Rufus wanted to get a photo with the R in California before they tear it down.

We got to the Grizzly River Run and it turned out that it was closed with mechanical problems. I had noticed that the restaurants were closed near the Soarin' Over California ride as well but I don't know if they had anything to do with each other. It was too hot to continue walking around (I almost passed out from the heat) so we took a shortcut through the Grand Californian and went to Tortilla Jo's to get something cool to drink and eat. Rufus got the closest thing to Nacos he could find!

My husband and I decided that it was entirely too hot and crowded to hang around the park that day so we went home early. It was around 1 or so in the afternoon. It was a fantastic trip with a bunch of friends. I hope my pictures work out. I am new to photography but I got a Rebel xSi for Christmas last year so I have been trying to get out and shoot as much as possible so I get better. There are lots more photos in my album here: Picasa Web Albums - Tammi - October 15-16...

Any album on my page should be a Disneyland trip. I caption them most of the time. I made sure to caption these ones with Rufus's adventures as well! Thank you for reading all this! I hope everyone enjoys it. The photos took me a good hour and a half to embed into the post. Is there an easier way that I don't know about? ;-)

Re: October 15-16 2009 - Disneyland

Originally posted by Dragondance View Post

is it sad that I didn't have to read what you were dressed up as (and it was a quick glance of the photo too).
    That I figured out you guys were Kim and Ron.
    Ah, a sad life I lead.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Comment

Haha. Awesome costumes! Cute pics of Rufus too.
      sigpic
      Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
        is it sad that I didn't have to read what you were dressed up as (and it was a quick glance of the photo too).
        That I figured out you guys were Kim and Ron.
        Ah, a sad life I lead.

I don't think it's sad at all! I am happy that others can recognize the costumes! I only got recognized by CMs the night I was there. When we went through the Animation Building the second time, one of the CMs stopped us and asked who we were. The other CM that was standing there was like "Oh man, that is Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable! How can you not know them!?"

It was entertaining to say the least.

Comment

Good times We had!! Can't wait till next year!!!....I LOVED the trip report!!!!

Comment

I can't wait to read yours and see your pics of us again! it was so fun!

Comment

Im going to try and add my pics too well see what happens

Comment

So We too left Bako around 1ish, and we like every year were the last to arrive!! Unlike Tammi & her hubby I stayed at my fave spot Anabella on Katella its my home away from Home! Checked in got a free breakfast for the next day (Thanks Anabella I <3 yall) Anywho....we changed as quick as we could into out costumes I went as Alice and my mom was a Groovy Lady! lol When we got there we met up w. the peeps Sarah, James, and Lil Grace as the parade was going on!!!! Enjoy our pics! lol

Last edited by BriDorough05; 10-23-2009, 12:34 AM.

Comment

yay more pics! I can't wait til next year!

Comment

What great pictures everyone! How awesome that you had such a good time together! I agree... I'd love to see more picture!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I have about a hundred more photos up in my picasa photo albums. Picasa Web Albums - Tammi - October 15-16...

Comment

I love it we always have fun. Grace loves her pic with Rufus. We are trying to plan a trip on Nov 11th grace is out of school that day we can do some pin trading and maybe take random pics around the park that would be fun.

Comment

Wow, it was hot today! Was the park crowded? Thanks for posting the cool pictures of a hot day.

Comment

Really good TR!

Rufus was great, all those shots everywhere.

The kids costumes are so cute! Those kids are old enough to really appreciate the magic that DL has to offer. Bet they had fun.

Thanks again, Rob

Comment

Thanks! We actually only had one kid with us for this trip but we all had such a fantastic time and cannot wait to do it again next year!

Comment

LOL @ Rufus..good job!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X