This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Mickey's Trick or Treat Party 10/21

Hi Mice Chatters! I am both excited and nervous to share my very first trip report. The main focus of which will be MToTP. We took our one year old, Claire, and my Mother (for a late bday celebration) and spent a few hours at DL before the big event! This trip had a really different feel. Since we had to make it over to DCA in time for MToTP I was a little stressed about time. Usually we are really chill when we head to the park with zero goals and expectations but this time I definitely felt the stress that out of towners feel. I was so out of my usual chill mode that I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to I barely remembered that we brought a camera. Here are some pictures from the trip.

**Note: I am not a photographer by any means. I have a little camera that cost me maybe $150. Forgive the blurr and complete lack of composition **

Happy Halloween!
    [IMG][/IMG]

I love these colors on City Hall. Super cute!
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I liked these pumpkins the best especially the little white one on the left.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I was weirdly obsessed with these spider balloons every time I saw one I was like "Those balloons are AWESOME" my husband was embarrassed of me.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Claire saw Chip and Dale and kept pointing at them and saying "Monkey" she got really mad at me when I told her they were chipmunks. Either way Grandma took her over and she thought Dale was deserving of a kiss.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Claire and I like Halloween!
    [IMG][/IMG]

This was her first ride on Dumbo ... she did not like it and repeated said no through the whole ride.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I chilled out by RoA while Claire took a nap and my Mom and Hubby rode some rides.
    [IMG][/IMG]

While I was people watching (my FAV) the Columbia came sailing by. I haven't seen it sail during the day in a long time so I was excited!
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And good old Mark is back!
    [IMG][/IMG]

The park wasn't very crowded all day but by 4:30 Main Street looked like this. YIKES!
    [IMG][/IMG]

After muscling our way through the crowds we headed out to our locker by the picnic area and changed into our costumes for MToTP. More pictures to come ... I need a break!!

Re: Mickey's Trick or Treat Party 10/21

How fun! I was there in the morning with my 2 year old and the crowds were just right...Glad you had fun. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

It looks like you guys had fun!

Comment

Alright I've decided to jam the rest of these pictures out tonight so here goes! We got dressed as quickly as possible and headed over to DCA for MToTP. I dressed up as Wendy, my Husband was Capt. Hook and Claire was Tinkerbelle. I made my costume and my husband's, actually his was formally a lab coat that I dyed and glue gunned all the extras to. Including Claire's Tink outfit (that we bought on ebay) we spent less than $100 on costumes, which is always my costume budget. This was our very first time at MToTP and, overall, I thought it was fun. Here are our pictures from the night.

*this is where things get really blurry*

Walking in was serious sensory overload, in a good way! There were lights and music and people everywhere.

I took this right before we left but it was a better picture of the front candy corns.

We were excited to be there!

This was a little dance club with girls dressed up in a candy theme. We liked this area.

Dancing fools!

This was our favorite girl to dance with she was awesome and Claire loved her!

Some of the decor around the party

It's blurry but I loved that they had a spiderweb on the mountain. Such a great detail!

There were lights of ghosts and spiderwebs all over the sidewalks. This was my best shots of them.

Getting our Trick or Treat on!

Family shot

Claire thought she was better than this picture so she closed her eyes to let us know she doesn't roll that way.

I thought the parade/cavalcade was really cute. I loved the song! Here's some pictures.

Our gracious host!

Claire was totally scared of the army men. It was sad.

At the end of a long day we got our final picture. We were all clearly tired and ready for home!

Like I said overall I thought it was a fun event. We didn't get any pictures with the Characters because the lines were so long and in reality Claire's kind of iffy about Characters, they sometimes scare her. I don't know if there were special maps for the party but we didn't get one and, since it was our first time, we really could have used one. In the end, once we figure out what to do and where to go we had a great time and we can't wait til next year!

Comment

Yay! I always need my DLR fix! Love the pics!
          DLR/DCA: x10: 2019,2015,2014,2007,2008,2009,2010,2012,2003,1999
          WDW: 1x 2009
          Tall Ship Sailor: ​Lady Washington 2011

Comment

Thoes were cute pics!! Great TR!

Comment

Awesome TR! The group shots are the cutest!
              sigpic
              Home away from Home.

Comment

Little Miss Claire is an absolute gem! Too cute x3

Thumbs up on your first TR!

Comment

Wow! Your hubbys costume was a lab coat?? You did an awesome job on that!! Well.. on all of them but that was pretty amazing! I never would of thought that was a lab coat!

Thanks for sharing your pics of you trip and your family! I love the parks at Halloween time, and didn't make it down this year so I love seeing everyone else's photos!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I love the pics! You guys are sure a cute family!!! Im glad you guys had fun! I will be there next year!!
                    Jennifer
                    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
                    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

Comment

Thanks guys! We had a great time and can't wait til next year!

ZomBats - Thanks, we think she's pretty cute too.

Penguinsoda - The lab coat was one of my more hair brained ideas and half way through I almost jumped ship but in the end it turned out pretty well. I'm glad you couldn't tell what it started out as!

Comment

Cute TR! I think I have that same green Tink shirt you were wearing. Gotta love Tinkerbell!

My daughter (she's 2 1/2) is a little afraid of some of the characters too. Especially the face characters. She prefers the fuzzies! I'm sure they'll grow out of it soon enough. (Oh that's kinda sad to think about)

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Great photos! Your daughter is adorable! I love your costumes!

It's SO cute that your daughter thought Chip and Dale were monkeys. On our first trip to WDW, our daughter was 3, and she thought Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum were pigs! She wanted to meet them, and when we got to the front...she started screaming...."I don't wanna see the pigs!" LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                            Great photos! Your daughter is adorable! I love your costumes!

It's SO cute that your daughter thought Chip and Dale were monkeys. On our first trip to WDW, our daughter was 3, and she thought Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum were pigs! She wanted to meet them, and when we got to the front...she started screaming...."I don't wanna see the pigs!" LOL
                            That is so cute and sad!

Comment

love the costumes! we were there that night too! we had a lot of fun!
                              Angela
                              Going for Halloween 2011
                              *Click here to see My Disneyland Photos*

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X