Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyana/Disney Gallery: 1 too many?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Disneyana/Disney Gallery: 1 too many?

    With the semi recent opening of The (new) Disney Gallery... does anyone feel that it is competing too much with Disneyana?

    Both locations have original artwork and event merchandise, but the Gallery has alot more space... Disneyana has always felt too cramped.

    I feel that they need to make more of a seperation between the locations...

    Disneyana should be all 3 dimensional items (WDCC, Precious Moments, Big Fig. etc.) while the Gallery should all be print art. I really dont think Main Street USA needs 2 sets of Print on Demand systems... the location in Disneyana could be used for more shelves.

    QUESTION: Does Disneyana and Disney Gallery use the same printing location?
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

    "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

    Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

  • #2
    Re: Disneyana/Disney Gallery: 1 too many?

    I've always felt that the Gallery was more educational/informational and Disneyana more commercial/retail. But they have blurred the two.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disneyana/Disney Gallery: 1 too many?

      I think you're right... I think the main focus of Disneyana should be sculptures and the main focus of Disney Gallery should be hanging based artwork (paintings, sketches, prints etc.)
      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

      sigpic

      "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disneyana/Disney Gallery: 1 too many?

        Originally posted by llump41 View Post
        I've always felt that the Gallery was more educational/informational and Disneyana more commercial/retail. But they have blurred the two.
        thats what i feel... they are too blurred, almost to the point of being redundant.

        the only room that makes any kind of difference is the far back room of the Gallery (with the maquettes and WDI drawings)
        Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

        "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

        Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disneyana/Disney Gallery: 1 too many?

          Originally posted by llump41 View Post
          I've always felt that the Gallery was more educational/informational and Disneyana more commercial/retail. But they have blurred the two.
          I think that some of what they have in the new Gallery right now will not be there once the opening has run it's course. After that, the Gallery will probably settle down to the same kinds of exhibits and merchandise that the original had.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disneyana/Disney Gallery: 1 too many?

            Originally posted by bfdf55 View Post
            I think that some of what they have in the new Gallery right now will not be there once the opening has run it's course. After that, the Gallery will probably settle down to the same kinds of exhibits and merchandise that the original had.
            While I would "hope so" at the same time if the new stuff moves off the shelves at a decent pace Disney will likely keep it instead of switching to merchandise reminiscent of the "old days". Sad, but true, the only line Disney is concerned about is the bottom line, and how much lower it can be in comparison to the profits...
            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

            sigpic

            "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disneyana/Disney Gallery: 1 too many?

              Originally posted by techskip View Post
              While I would "hope so" at the same time if the new stuff moves off the shelves at a decent pace Disney will likely keep it instead of switching to merchandise reminiscent of the "old days". Sad, but true, the only line Disney is concerned about is the bottom line, and how much lower it can be in comparison to the profits...
              exactly! Disney would rather fall back on merch than try and keep things themend on track.
              Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

              "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

              Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disneyana/Disney Gallery: 1 too many?

                without sounding too negative "theme" hasn't been a priority in this "theme park" for some time now.
                "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                sigpic

                "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                Comment

                Get Away Today Footer

                Collapse
                Working...
                X