Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is Stitch in World of Color?

With all the presentations Steve Davison has given on the show, and the rumors about it on this site and others, I have not heard a single thing about Stitch being featured in the show. The only reason I'm bringing this up at all is because this reflects such an enormous shift over the past five years from Stitch being featured with Mickey and Minnie on just about every piece of merchandise you could find in the parks before the Pixar deal, to not even having a part in the night time spectacular where he could easily fit in. Much more so than some of the other places he's ended up in the parks. I'm just wondering, since the character has been so overexposed, and this is a significant deviation from the past several years.
    sigpic
    Long Live the Disney Renaissance

Re: Is Stitch in World of Color?

No he isn't in World of Color.

Comment

Anyone know the list of all the characters in the show?

Comment

please God NO! ( Iam Praying)
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I agree I have never like Stitch. Sorry Dan but I had to say that.

Comment

I bet he'll show up somehow, but not as a mischievous troublemaker who stops the show to spit at the audience (accompanied by a fountain jutting from the screen, of course).

Need I remind everyone that Lilo and Stitch does have quite a few emotional moments in it? Disney has neglected everything that made Lilo and Stitch a good film by making Stitch this annoying little monster that causes havoc when in the movie he's just looking to find his way. If Steve can find a way to use the character appropriately, I'm sure he's going to. If he can't, then he won't use him until they find the right place for him (he tabled a Cars sequence because he said it didn't work with the flow of the show, I believe).

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
              Anyone know the list of all the characters in the show?
              From the top of my head:
              • Pocahontas
              • Jon Smith
              • Spring Sprite
              • Heimlich
              • Tinkerbell
              • Woody
              • Buzz
              • EVE
              • WALL-E
              • Whales from Fantasia
              • Alice
              • Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
              • Card Deck Warriors
              • Chesire Cat
              • Scar
              • Simba
              • Dr. Facilier
              • Chernabog
              • Zerg
              • Mufasa
              • Belle
              • Beast (Both human and beast forms)
              • Sleeping Beauty
              • Prince Phillip
              • Snow White (I can't seem to remember for sure)
              • Crush
              • Nemo
              • Dori
              • Mickey

I probably missed a few.

Comment

I'm very glad he isn't.
                "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
                YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
                Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
                (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Comment

I can't stomach Stitch! I hope not to see him in World of Color!

Comment

I don't have a particularly strong feeling for or against the character. I thought that the movie was very good and the best Disney has put out since Tarzan. But I hate Stitch's Great Escape with a burning passion and just started the thread to make an observation about how Disney doesn't feel the need to get him out in the parks wherever they can anymore. Before the Pixar deal, Disney felt as though Stitch had to be out there since he was there only successful animated film of the 2000s. But I guess the Pixar deal has taken Stitch out of the spotlight.
                    sigpic
                    Long Live the Disney Renaissance

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                      I can't stomach Stitch! I hope not to see him in World of Color!
                      I agreed with YOU and other's on this tread.....
                      I think only reason Disney have this guy "STITCH"

RAT THING }
                      is to tick off lot's of people!
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Question..

Which Stitch do you folks hate?

The Stitch that burps chili dogs, spits, and TPs Cinderella Castle?

OR The Stitch that is lost and alone, that wants a family and when he finds one, risks his own little life to save them?

Folks, I'm thinking most of you dislike Stitch simply because of the way Disney has portrayed him in marketing/attractions/TV/sequels (minus the actual Lilo and Stitch 2), and not the Stitch that was featured in the actual movie Lilo and Stitch. It's sad that everyone seems to hate the poor guy when he's terribly misrepresented in the Disney world.

Comment

I love this thread because I thought I was the only one who hated Stitch. I'm glad to see that there are others like me!

Edited because stitchon's post wasn't there when I was posting:

Stitchon, to be honest, I never really liked Lilo and Stitch in the first place. In fact, I've only ever seen the first movie so I have no idea how he's portrayed in the other movies or TV shows, and I've never seen him in an attraction before. I just never liked the first movie and I never liked Stitch. However, he wouldn't bother me as much if he wasn't EVERYWHERE. For instance, if I want to buy merchandise of an attraction I like, all the merch features Stitch, who has NOTHING to do with, say, Splash Mountain or The Matterhorn.

So to answer your question, I hate both versions of the Stitch. I hate Stitch from the original movie, and I hate the fact that he's overly popular on things he shouldn't belong on.
                          Last edited by Madame_Leota; 10-25-2009, 12:23 PM.

Comment

I thought he was the main star
                            We know how popular Stitch is, so making him the star of the show was a no Brainier for us at Disney.
                            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I hope he's in the show! If not, it's sad theyre putting in tiana who's movie hasn't even come out yet, and it seems like they doubt it'll do good since they're giving tickets to APs for free.

Comment

I'm sure Stitch is likable and all, but the character, and really that whole movie represents for me, the point where Disney stopped making "art" and started making "movies". There's no redeeming that.

but I understand children like the character, so... *shrug*
                                "Shall there be truth between us, as two men? Not as friends, but as equals? There is an offer you will get rarely, Roland. Only equals speak the truth, that's my thought on it. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of regard. How tiresome!"
                                -Walter O' Dim.

Comment

If i remember correctly Stitch was used more by management in WDW and in Tokyo. Here in Anaheim we saw little of his mischivious atitude and behavior. In WDW he took over a good attraction then was given a failed entertainment venue along with several stunts during the years like adding graffitti to Cinderella castle. In tokyo they had lots an dlots of merchandise and even i believe had a parade.

Comment

In tokyo, doesn't he also take over the tiki room?

Comment

I like Stitch.
                                      Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Stitch has been a godsend for me in teaching Special Ed. I (and a LOT of other Special Ed teachers I've talked to...) use him as a mascot in our classrooms.

He's the little alien that is misunderstood and just wants to be part of a family. I show Lilo and Stitch every year and we always discuss him and his behaviors. Afterwards I always have at least one student, (normally closer to half my class) state that they feel just like Stitch... just wanting to fit in and not knowing how. (In fact one of my non-verbal students now speaks... and it is a direct result of interaction with a stuffed Stitch). So for me, there can never be too much of Stitch. Especially since he has helped so many of my students learn that it's ok to be different. I owe that little blue alien more than he can ever imagine.
                                        Last edited by AlohaStitch; 10-25-2009, 05:37 PM.
                                        Originally posted by migo
                                        I poop with joy!
                                        Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X