This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] what would you give?

For some people a night a Club 33 seems to be a really big deal. Why is that? Is it because it is so exclusive? I wouldn't mind going there but its not a big deal to me either way. What would you be willing to give for a night at Club 33?

Re: what would you give?

Originally posted by jasonadam1978 View Post
    What would you be willing to give for a night at Club 33?

This could get interesting... :lol:

Comment

Not that much. Probably about the price of an expensive meal, maybe a little more. I think Club 33 seems cool and all, but I don't need to experience it that badly.

Comment

Same as Data. Not that big of a deal to me.

I'm not an elitist, and can't stand people who are. Club 33 seems to be pretty elitist, so it doesn't really do anything for me. My nose is to the grindstone, not up in the air.

If it were open to the general public, I'd certainly give it a try though.

Rob

Comment

well, my grandparents really good friends are members, so I can go mostly when I want.

Comment

Well, micromind, I'll be honest - I've never felt any aversion to Club 33 for elitism reasons, though I can certainly understand where you're coming from. It's mostly just that I'm not very interested in dining establishments in general, unless they're really exquisitely themed or the food is really tasty.

Now, if this thread were about what we'd give for a chance to wander through the more interesting parts of backstage...well, my answer would be a little different.

Comment

I'd probably be willing to give whatever the price of the meal is. And since I hear the food's pretty expensive I suppose that means I'd be willing to give a decent amount of dough. xD

I guess I can see why people don't really like the elitist aspect of Club 33. I respect that. But for me, I get really excited by the idea of its exclusiveness. I mean, think about it - if it were open to the public, it wouldn't be special anymore, right? It would just be another restaurant in NOS. If I ever got a reservation to Club 33, it's an excuse for me to get all excited, because hey - it's not something just anyone gets to do!

And if I don't ever get a chance to go, then I can get a little thrill out of knowing that it's there, hidden in the corner, passed by so many people with no clue.

So yes I know, I'm buying into the whole psychology of it all - making it exclusive makes people think it's special even when it's not really. At least I know I'm being gullible. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                It's mostly just that I'm not very interested in dining establishments in general, unless they're really exquisitely themed or the food is really tasty.

Now, if this thread were about what we'd give for a chance to wander through the more interesting parts of backstage...well, my answer would be a little different.
                In that case you should love Club 33 which is both exquisite and has by far the best food in the park. And being a backstage man, I'm surprised you wouldn't want to go up there at least for the different perspective it gives you on the park compared to the ordinary guest.

Comment

I went, I gave over $300.

Meh, it was a nice meal, and I got a so-so martini to finish the meal, but I'm in no rush to go back.

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
                    Same as Data. Not that big of a deal to me.

I'm not an elitist, and can't stand people who are. Club 33 seems to be pretty elitist, so it doesn't really do anything for me. My nose is to the grindstone, not up in the air.

If it were open to the general public, I'd certainly give it a try though.

Rob
                    Sour grapes?
                    Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

Comment

I think it would be nice to be part of a group of people who feel a special connection to the park.

Last Christmas we met a couple who had been members for years. I think part of the thing is they can go there and drink. Kind of like the Elks.
                      Spyed the Black Pearl from Cabrillo Beach

Comment

i'm waiting on a friend to get me an invite for dinner.. i just dont want to pay for the dinner+parkhopper when i already have an AP..

i'm not dying to get into the restaurant, but i will gladly take the offer when my friend comes through
                        -plagued

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                          In that case you should love Club 33 which is both exquisite and has by far the best food in the park.
                          I didn't say that having good food makes me love an establishment...it usually just makes me less disinterested. And as for theming, I know Club 33 is elegant inside, but it still more or less just looks like a nice restaurant to me. Not the kind of thing that gets me terribly excited.

And being a backstage man, I'm surprised you wouldn't want to go up there at least for the different perspective it gives you on the park compared to the ordinary guest.
                          You know me well - that's my biggest reason for being as interested in it as I am. But my interest in backstage is largely due to how you've got plain, industrial areas right next to gorgeously themed areas. Club 33 is not plain or industrial, so the juxtaposition is less mind-boggling. It's the contrast that I really go wild for.

Comment

Not sour grapes at all; I see one of the biggest problems with society in general as people feeling a sense of entitlement because they're a member of some sort of exclusive group.

Though I certainly understand the 'mysticism' surrounding such a place, I believe that it, as well as anything like it, contributes to the breakdown of societies moral values.

Rob

Comment

I'd like to be there Mainly because it's the only on-stage part of Disneyland I've never been to. I figure I probably will someday, so I'm not in a huge rush.

Comment

It's on the list of thing I want to try just once before I die. Always been curious to see it in the flesh.
                                "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Originally posted by plagued View Post
                                  i'm waiting on a friend to get me an invite for dinner.. i just dont want to pay for the dinner+parkhopper when i already have an AP..

No need to pay for a Parkhopper.

Since you already have an AP, just show up for your reservation and enjoy your meal. The cost of your meal/drinks will be your only expense.

Even if you didn't have your AP, the cost of your meal will include admission to the Park. With an invite/reservation, you get in the Park free as long as you enjoy a meal in the Club.

If you get into the Park and then skip out on the meal, the Club member that made your reservation will be charged.

Club members don't make that mistake twice...

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post

Rob

Yep, there certainly are blow-hards in the Club. No doubt about it. You usually don't have to look for them. They stick out like sore thumbs. :yuck:

Are they the majority? Certainly not.

We've found that most private members (non-corporate memberships) are actually quite big DL fans and are members because they enjoy being part of something special in the Park. They have the ability to invest into a membership and enjoy their time there.

Nothing elitist about that...

But the Club is certainly not for everyone. There are plenty of folks that have no interest in it.

Or at least claim to not...

And that's OK too.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
                                      well, my grandparents really good friends are members, so I can go mostly when I want.
                                      Same here, my partner is a member. I go a couple times a year, usually to treat a friend for a birthday.
                                      Crazy Works For Me!

Comment

I don't think I would be so desperate as to have to give something to get inside. Either I save up for it and get in there myself someday, or I meet someone who would like to take me. It's as simple as that.
                                        But I would really enjoy it because of my love for the park and my admiration for Walt. I'm a no-frills kinda gal, so when I do go someplace fancy, I get all gussied up and that is part of the fun too. Plus, sipping some champagne with my honey and then standing on the balcony looking out over NOS at dusk would be priceless. I would cherish that moment forever. Club 33 would be a fantastic experience, but I am not a crazed fanatic that would chew through my femur to just get my foot in the door.
                                        For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                                        http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X