• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDR
    replied
    Re: what would you give?

<Smart Alec Mode>

What would I give?

I'd give a call to 714-xxx-xxxx during Club 33 office hours.

</Smart Alec Mode>

If I weren't a member already? Well, having scrimped and saved to pony up the membership fee (and working extra jobs to afford the dues each year), let's just say I feel each dinner I enjoy there is worth far more than I pay, so I'd pretty much pay/do whatever I could. Club 33 is a very special place, with very special cast members and to me it's totally worth it.

Leave a comment:

• kristibaer
    replied

Originally posted by Kasey View Post
    Same here, my partner is a member. I go a couple times a year, usually to treat a friend for a birthday.
    I'm still waiting.....

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bungle
    replied

I'd be willing to give them a membership fee!

Leave a comment:

• TheGlassSlipper
    replied

I dont think I'd give anything to go....

But I'm going to Club 33!!! I have a friend who says give him a "year" to make it happen! So Im waiting!!!! Dont know how hes doing it but he is!!!

Leave a comment:

• wolfy
    replied

Napa Rose winds hands down IMHO....but then it can be a bit more expensive if you want to really do it up. My hubby and I usually run up a $250.00 bill there. Club 33 was a bargain in comparison...still good though and a one of a kind experience not to be missed by a major Disney fan.

Leave a comment:

• Magus
    replied

I would give a hug

Leave a comment:

• Goofy Daddy
    replied

I'd be willing to pay the expensive dining price of a 5-Star establishment...other than that, nothing else so I guess I won't be getting in any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• GummiBears_Rock
    replied

Originally posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    It's on the list of thing I want to try just once before I die. Always been curious to see it in the flesh.
    same here
    i'm a curious person :razz:

Leave a comment:

• Kasey
    replied

Originally posted by jasonadam1978 View Post
    it looks like there are at least a few people here that feel the same way I do. Don't get me wrong I would defiantly love to go to Club 33 but it is just an other restaurant.

For those of you that have been- how does it compare to the Napa Rose?
    This is strictly my opinion, but I think the food at Club 33 has slipped a bit in the last few years.

Having said that, it's a lovely place, the service is superb and the presentation is perfection. With the exception of serving some buffet dessert items in plastic cups, I find that tacky.

Leave a comment:

• matterhornlove31
    replied

When I asked a question here about a month ago about what was so special about Club 33 most responses from people who actually had gone were subpar. Nothing that piqued at my interest for the place, in fact made me see that it really just was a very expensive restaurant. Now, I do not mean to offend anyone who has gone there and actually experienced something other than just a great meal, I am just saying that most responses were aimed at the fact that just having good food at Disneyland was good enough.
    I am very aware that there could be better perks than just the meal, but as far as I am concerned, they are not too big for me to say "I would do most anything to see the interior of that place for myself!"

Originally posted by micromind View Post
    Same as Data. Not that big of a deal to me.

I'm not an elitist, and can't stand people who are. Club 33 seems to be pretty elitist, so it doesn't really do anything for me. My nose is to the grindstone, not up in the air.

If it were open to the general public, I'd certainly give it a try though.

Rob
    I don't know about people who go there being elitist, but rather just lucky. I don't think many people are actually craving to be part of the club so much as just wanting to see the inside (which from my understanding is very simple since most people here actually know a person, or know a person who knows a person who is an actual member), and that is very much just a phone call away from anyone who knows someone in the club.
    I will give it that up until I asked what it actually was, the place was more enigmatic for me and mysterious... now I see it as a very expensive restaurant (which, as i admitted before seems to be both an oversimplification of the place, and yet a precise description as well).

Leave a comment:

• Sorcerer's Apprentice
    replied

Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    There are plenty of folks that have no interest in it.
    Count me in that group.

Originally posted by jasonadam1978 View Post
    ...but it is just an other restaurant.

I don't like to get dressed-up; either!

Leave a comment:

• jasonadam1978
    replied

it looks like there are at least a few people here that feel the same way I do. Don't get me wrong I would defiantly love to go to Club 33 but it is just an other restaurant.

For those of you that have been- how does it compare to the Napa Rose?

Leave a comment:

• CMHusband
    replied

How much would you all give to go up into Walt's apartment? It's kinda like that isn't it? More about the fact that it was "Walt's" private place. Not so much about eating at a great restaurant. Thats how I see it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• leopardchucks
    replied

I don't think I would be so desperate as to have to give something to get inside. Either I save up for it and get in there myself someday, or I meet someone who would like to take me. It's as simple as that.
    But I would really enjoy it because of my love for the park and my admiration for Walt. I'm a no-frills kinda gal, so when I do go someplace fancy, I get all gussied up and that is part of the fun too. Plus, sipping some champagne with my honey and then standing on the balcony looking out over NOS at dusk would be priceless. I would cherish that moment forever. Club 33 would be a fantastic experience, but I am not a crazed fanatic that would chew through my femur to just get my foot in the door.

Leave a comment:

• Kasey
    replied

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
    well, my grandparents really good friends are members, so I can go mostly when I want.
    Same here, my partner is a member. I go a couple times a year, usually to treat a friend for a birthday.

Leave a comment:

• OldSchoolMickey
    replied

Originally posted by micromind View Post
    I'm not an elitist, and can't stand people who are. Club 33 seems to be pretty elitist, so it doesn't really do anything for me. My nose is to the grindstone, not up in the air.

Rob

Yep, there certainly are blow-hards in the Club. No doubt about it. You usually don't have to look for them. They stick out like sore thumbs. :yuck:

Are they the majority? Certainly not.

We've found that most private members (non-corporate memberships) are actually quite big DL fans and are members because they enjoy being part of something special in the Park. They have the ability to invest into a membership and enjoy their time there.

Nothing elitist about that...

But the Club is certainly not for everyone. There are plenty of folks that have no interest in it.

Or at least claim to not...

And that's OK too.

Leave a comment:

• OldSchoolMickey
    replied

Originally posted by plagued View Post
    i'm waiting on a friend to get me an invite for dinner.. i just dont want to pay for the dinner+parkhopper when i already have an AP..

No need to pay for a Parkhopper.

Since you already have an AP, just show up for your reservation and enjoy your meal. The cost of your meal/drinks will be your only expense.

Even if you didn't have your AP, the cost of your meal will include admission to the Park. With an invite/reservation, you get in the Park free as long as you enjoy a meal in the Club.

If you get into the Park and then skip out on the meal, the Club member that made your reservation will be charged.

Club members don't make that mistake twice...

Leave a comment:

• Ortizmo2000
    replied

It's on the list of thing I want to try just once before I die. Always been curious to see it in the flesh.

Leave a comment:

• Alex E
    replied

I'd like to be there Mainly because it's the only on-stage part of Disneyland I've never been to. I figure I probably will someday, so I'm not in a huge rush.

Leave a comment:

• micromind
    replied

Not sour grapes at all; I see one of the biggest problems with society in general as people feeling a sense of entitlement because they're a member of some sort of exclusive group.

Though I certainly understand the 'mysticism' surrounding such a place, I believe that it, as well as anything like it, contributes to the breakdown of societies moral values.

Rob

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X