Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] more haunted attractions in DCA.

hey everyone. i was just wondering what people would think about having haunted attractions such as mazes. i understand mickeys trick or treat party is family friendly but why not add something scary for older teens and adults. i just thought it would be a cool idea since knotts and universal attracts so many people for their event. i just wanted to see what disney could come up with. who knows maybe a disney villain maze. what do you think?

dont attack me on this idea please.

Re: more haunted attractions in DCA.

I'm not comfortable with plywood mazes at Disney, they work other places and that's great, just not at Disney. All of the construction walls right now look bad enough.

Although, I do think there are some things they can do with the current rides to theme them to Halloween. How about Tower of Terror in the dark with random drop sequences. CA Screamin' in the dark with Halloween themed music. They can do a LOT more than they are currently doing IMO.

Comment

I'm of the opinion that the layovers are getting excessive already. Although, the CA screaming one would be really simple, and would be able to be installed without any major delay/closing.

One of the reasons WDI hasn't done a 'maze' yet is primarily because it's space prohibited....well, that and there is one about 10 minutes away at Knot's.
      Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

Comment

It would be cool if Disney could do a Scary Party and No so Scary Party (on at each Park) that would rack in so much money.
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I don't think we'll see (or we should see) replictiong of other's successes at DLR. It didn't work with recreating the cheesy boardwalk environment and it most likely would not work with a maze attraction. This is Disneyland...we expect more. Becasue we expect more we are getting the DCA makeover. We shouldn't be sold short.
          Adults are only kids grown up, anyway - Walt Disney

Comment

Halloween Overlays are one thing, tacky mazes are another. Yes I think Disney should make more older attractions on par with Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. I also agree that they need to return the Tower of Terror Halloween overlay. But once again I stress no tacky plywood mazes. Besides there already is a maze in the construction zone of Paradise Pier.

Comment

I think Tom Sawyer Island would be a good location for a spooky overlay. It would require minimal alteration--just add a few fog generators to the caves and pathways and some understated sound and light effects. The way I see it is, the island would look normal during the day, they would clear it out as usual around sunset, turn on the Halloween stuff, then start taking raftloads of people back across after dark. (Obviously, this would only be on nights when Fantasmic! isn't showing.) The biggest hurdle would probably be safety issues from people roaming the island in the dark.
              Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Disney has wisely left the scary Halloween scene to Knotts. Knotts has owned this holiday since I was a little kid and there is no way Disney would be able to capture this event.

As a dad, I like having a not-so-scary Halloween event I can take my kids too. Disney has done a great job with their event.

Comment

Paradise Pier needs a Haunted House flume ride themed to "Lonesome Ghosts" or maybe even The Headless Horseman (The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad.)

Comment

Attractions CMs put on a little "Haunted Trail" event for CMs at the Challenge Trail last week. Pretty good setting for a maze, especially since I never really walked the trail normally before.

Comment

idea!

what about like projections of ghosts in like the tower of terror while you're waiting in line, or the haunted mansion too

but i do like having a place where halloween doesn't have to scare the pants off of you
                      Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                      You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                      Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X