Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't we have differently flavored food carts in DLR?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why don't we have differently flavored food carts in DLR?

I think it's mainly cultural. In Japan they are more open to accepting flavours that many in the U.S. might find unusual, e.g. sea salt ice cream or fruit flavour churros. I've seen that tuna and mayonnaise are very popular pizza toppings in many parts of Japan...
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
      ) that's funny
      i would definitely try a churro-flavored popcorn
      it sounds almost like kettle corn
      I was at Popcornopolis at CityWalk when I saw that they had Churro-Flavored popcorn. But they didn't had it when I was there .

Maybe Disney should try selling Churro Popcorn and see what the guests think.

But you know what would be even better?

How about a Honey-filled Mickey Mouse Pretzel? Or perhaps a Honey- filled Churro?

I could do this all day! LOL

The world is a treasure trove of places.
      The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
      Indy Ride Count: 2211
      World of Color Count: 74

Comment

I'm fine with just having what we have here food-cart-wise. TDR seems to have a different flavored popcorn in every land in their parks, but I don't necessarily think it would go over well the taste buds over here. Examples I tried were Black Pepper Popcorn and "Soda" Popcorn, which was melon-soda flavored.

Comment

How about a popcorn cart that has a seasonings bar attached to it? They could be big shakers with mickey mouse ears and punny flavor names.

Also, since we're mentioning TDR, I remember seeing a video about one of the food carts there which always develops two hour lines. Apparently it serves a meat dish (think BBQ sandwich) that's very very hard to find in Japan.

I don't think Californians are gonna be cool with ever waiting more than ten minutes at a food cart though...

Comment

Originally posted by Usul831 View Post
            How about a popcorn cart that has a seasonings bar attached to it? They could be big shakers with mickey mouse ears and punny flavor names.

Also, since we're mentioning TDR, I remember seeing a video about one of the food carts there which always develops two hour lines. Apparently it serves a meat dish (think BBQ sandwich) that's very very hard to find in Japan.

I don't think Californians are gonna be cool with ever waiting more than ten minutes at a food cart though...
            Sounds like the "gyoza dogs" in the Mysterious Island section of TDS. They're totally worth the wait.

EDIT: Yes, a seasonings bar would be good. Some movie theaters have them.

Comment

I have always wondered this! I really wish they would be bold with the ODV's and have some different flavors... It makes the trip fun in finding the right flavored cart and also finding some differences in the available options... but since im Mr. "eat anything strange at the State Fair" The idea of different flavors just makes me all adventurous to try them.

What I dont get is why the popcorn cant have a variance in flavors that rotate out every few months... That way whenever I take a Disney trip there will always be something different and adventurous.

Now because American tastebuds are a little less adventurous than those in Japan and worldwide, Obviously they have to Americanize the flavors for the general public and tone it down but I would hope they could do try the following flavors on popcorn. Obviously I wont go too bizarre on ideas but whevener I pop my own popcorn I have tried a few of these ideas and they seem to work and come out nicely...

Soy Sauce and Butter [I heard about this flavor on here and had to make it for myself]

Ranch flavored popcorn [perfect for frontierland... I basically used the ranch flavored powder stuff and mixed it into the butter]

Parmesean and Garlic [again, good on potato chips and great on popcorn]

Blackpepper and Sea Salt [its good on potato chips and on popcorn its amazing]

Caramel Corn [ sef explanatory because DCA had this on my last trip]

Jalapeno Cheese [I had a jalapeno one time and so I chopped it up into a puree and mixed it with melted cheese sauce to put on my popcorn]

Cheesy Habanero Salsa [melted cheese sauce with a small dash of my homemade habanero salsa for heat]

Honey glazed [perfect for critter country just honey in small amounts glazed into the popcorn to make it sweet]

Cajun Corn [Cayenne and Cajun seasoning salt with butter... I like my popcorn spicy sometimes]

Sugary Pixie Dust [sugar syurp and pixie sticks with marshmallow... this one was a little different and I just got bored one day and decided to mix in pixie sticks and obviously the sugar syurp is to hold the pixie stick stuff onto the popcorn]

Milk Chocolate drizzled [this was one time where I melted a hershey bar and pured it on my popcorn]

And then if you wanted to go a little more bizarre, there is always delving into fruit flavors which I have yet to try since I have noticed making thse requires fruit flavoring and sugar syurp... Not my type of thing but I would love to try popcorn in many fruit flavors! It would be awesome.

Now speaking of Pretzels... I would like for them to keep the pretzels basic and as they are but to offer a variance in the flavoring used on them along with a variance of dipping sauces to choose from.

The key is that if they are going to have those ODV carts they should at least get creative and give the customers more options compared to the standard one size fits all McDonalds approach to things. I know that eating anything at Disneyland is never going to be five star quality or bizarre foods worthy but having at least a few adventurous options and a few "out there" options seems like a better idea!

BTW I have never tried sea salt ice cream and I am a little intrigued... I know that I am a little envious that japan has so many wild ice cream flavors [although some border on beyond wild]
              Add me... I dont bite LOL!
              http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
              http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

Comment

Wow, those all sound tasty!

EDIT: Sea Salt ice cream is great, but you're not totally missing out. It can be described in most basic terms as "salty vanilla".

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
                  I mean, TDR and DLPR has many different flavored food at their food carts(like popcorn, Churro, Shakes, etc. )
                  Why does DLR not have different flavored food at their food carts?

Think of any lime(or any fruit) flavored crurros, being sold in Fronterland, Disneyland.

Think of Sea salt ice cream(or any flavor your heart desires), being sold in Paradise Pier, DCA.

Do you think it might work?(there are other food flavors that might worth trying.)

Timekeeper
                  The Ice cream would be a good idea (plus it could be Kingdom Heart themed)
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                    The Ice cream would be a good idea (plus it could be Kingdom Heart themed)
                    I got a kick out of the specific "sea salt" ice cream call-out in that game.

My sea salt ice cream came in a heart-shaped plastic container with Marie on it.

Comment

I LOVED the strawberry churros. I was quite sad when they got rid of them.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

i know this is a while ago,
                        but that popcorn seasoning does sound like a really great idea!
                        my mom has all sort of seasoning for her popcorn
                        Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                        You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                        Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

I've never tried Sea Salt Ice Cream, but I've played all the way through KH2 several times, and I can tell you that cartoon ice cream made my mouth water! I'd sure love to try it someday.

Comment

I'd love to get Tokyo Disney's Black Pepper Popcorn.

Comment

I thought they sold black pepper popcorn in DCA where the beer cart is in front of Cocina Cucamonga. I remember when they had honey popcorn in front of Pooh when it first opened. The cart itself was hardly open but when it was they always had a pretty big line.

Comment

I WISH we had all the popcorn flavors! I'd try a new one each time. I surely do miss the flavored churros, they were tasty. I like the original ones just fine, but chocolate and berry flavored churros totally floated my boat.

Facebook me!
                                Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X