This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Crush's Coaster or DCA?

If there was space, I think this ride would be perfect for DCA. It's currently in the studios at Disneyland Resort Paris. It's hard to capture a good video of it, but here is an alright one.

Last edited by Dustysage; 10-27-2009, 12:55 PM.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Re: Crush's Coaster or DCA?

i have been on that ride, and i have to say it was a little bit of a let down, they could of added a whole lot more..
    sigpic

Comment

I know they were considering this to replace Mullholand Madness, but personally I'm glad they decided against it. I think it's too much of a stretch to fit the new theming.
      The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
      -Walt Disney

Comment

I don't see how it's any different from plopping TLM in PP lol^

I wish CC came in phase 2.

one hundred and one

Comment

At the rate they are going they may as well make DCA into Disney's Character Adventures...
          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Wouldn't it be too similar to the Nemo submarine voyage? I'm not sure, but I think it uses the same video screen technology. anyone know more?
            - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
              Wouldn't it be too similar to the Nemo submarine voyage? I'm not sure, but I think it uses the same video screen technology. anyone know more?

it does use screens but only for nemo and squirt who swim out... it's okay.but they could have put more detail as the end is just twirling around a black room lol
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                At the rate they are going they may as well make DCA into Disney's Character Adventures...

Gotta give what the fans want. Why would most-Disney goers (locals) want to have a whole park themed around their state. For the same reason why Pirates wasn't intended for WDW, it isn't exotic enough. Characters help bridge that, barely, by helping guests overlook the broken main theme of the park. I don't have a problem with it. I think they're doing one hell of a job making the characters work besides TLM which doesn't fit at all imo.

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                  Gotta give what the fans want. Why would most-Disney goers (locals) want to have a whole park themed around their state. For the same reason why Pirates wasn't intended for WDW, it isn't exotic enough. Characters help bridge that, barely, by helping guests overlook the broken main theme of the park. I don't have a problem with it. I think they're doing one hell of a job making the characters work besides TLM which doesn't fit at all imo.
                  And yet Knott's, which was in part about the settlement of California, worked...

The key is to display a romanticized version of the past, a California we can't experience. Instead they gave us a contemporary California of today, which is pointless. Do a Gold Rush themed land, rich in the details of both the 49ers and the great Sequoia groves. Do a land dedicated to the actual Seaside piers of the 1900s. What about a land dedicated to the salt flat drag races and the history of aviation (drag racing became popular on closed WW2 airbase runways). How about a land dedicated to the Golden Age of Hollywood, with vintage cars parked along the streets. Disney is trying something similar with the entrance makeover to 1920's LA...

The point is to take Guest to someplace they can't go, and in the process teach them about the rich history and dynamic landscapes of California. Please don't blame the failure of DCA on California in general, blame it on which time periods and areas were represented. Haphazardly slapping characters on things isn't going to make individual lands relate to each other or relate to the overall theme of California itself.

sigpic

Comment

I haven't been on the ride and have never been to Paris, but I have seen photos of it on the internet. But bringing it to DCA...no. Please no. Nemo is set in Australia, so to have it in a park themed to California is not a good idea. Sure it is underwater, but it is the region it is set in is what bothers me.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Well that is an easy decision. DCA of course! A whole theme park is better than just one ride any day.
                      FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Comment

Why does every DCA thread have to bash. Its is just an Idea. Sorry but I will have to say no. Paradise pier themed around the fab 5 is a good idea. They are using the old characters as they apeared in the 30s wich I think works well. I will make the average guest feel like the are in an old seaside park with the old characters.
                        As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

Comment

Originally posted by junglecskipper View Post
                          Why does every DCA thread have to bash. Its is just an Idea. Sorry but I will have to say no. Paradise pier themed around the fab 5 is a good idea. They are using the old characters as they appeared in the 30s which I think works well. I will make the average guest feel like the are in an old seaside park with the old characters.
                          To play devil's advocate, should they put the fab 5 all down Main Street so it feels like an old street... or is the architecture, old motor carriages, horse drawn carriages, and light fixtures a better way to do it?

sigpic

Comment

DCA have turtel tall and we also find Nemo subs.

I think Disney will not install this one.
                            AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
                            Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                            Older photo
                            New Photo

Member of
                            MiceChat WDW Trip
                            Next trip
                            2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Crush's Coaster looks like a mix between space mtn, fantasyland rides, nemo subs, and the overall experience left me feeling like I just took a ride on Winnie the Pooh. DCA doesn't need another ride like monsters..

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                                To play devil's advocate, should they put the fab 5 all down Main Street so it feels like an old street... or is the architecture, old motor carriages, horse drawn carriages, and light fixtures a better way to do it?
                                Um no, because Main Street is not a seaside amusement park like PP is. The character overlays work because.. those rides were themed to all kinds of characters and stories.

Originally posted by Fantasmanatic View Post
                                Crush's Coaster looks like a mix between space mtn, fantasyland rides, nemo subs, and the overall experience left me feeling like I just took a ride on Winnie the Pooh. DCA doesn't need another ride like monsters..
                                What? thematic issues aside, Monsters Inc. is a great dark ride. We need more rides like that!
                                - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Well Little mermaid will be a dark ride. Open in 2011 or 2012
                                  AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
                                  Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                                  Older photo
                                  New Photo

Member of
                                  MiceChat WDW Trip
                                  Next trip
                                  2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Crush Coaster will never be cloned I think. Capacity is just too low for a Disney park and the ride break down too easily.

Capacity is barely 700 guest an hour. At the Walt Disney Studios, where crowds are usually in the 10000-15000 guests a day range, lines are always 60-120 minutes. We can't even blame fast pass for that, since its not installed on it!

The frequent breakdowns come from a curious requirement from Imagineering. They didn't want pusher tires to drive the cars through the dark ride portion due to noise concerns. They came up with having that lift hill at the beginning and the drop outside. The unfortunate effect is that the dark ride is propelled by gravity and since all cars don't go the same speed... A faster car will sometime catch up to a slower car and force the ride to shutdown on a block violation. Universal solved the issue on their Mummy coasters by using silent LIM in the dark ride portion.

If you look at Winjas in Germany, Disney could have done a lot more than just taking a fairground model and adding a dark ride portion (that's what Crush Coaster is).

Comment

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
                                      What? thematic issues aside, Monsters Inc. is a great dark ride. We need more rides like that!
                                      I was not talking about thematic issues. Monsters seems (to me at least) like DCA's Winnie the Pooh ride. Made on the cheap and the line always seems to be short when I'm there. I've taken a ride on it a few times and mainly used it for its air conditioning. For me having a bunch of cardboard cutouts pop out at me and hearing their voice just is not exciting. There is really nothing too expensive or unique about monsters which is why I think its like a winnie the pooh.

Comment

The line is short because all the lines are usually short in DCA. TSMM isn't because its the newest, and its also an interactive game more than a story like a dark ride. I know someone's gonna compare that line and say its so long, so I'm pointing that out. That's like saying because Snow White and Pinnochio's lines are short, they're bad attractions.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X