Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Skellington face character

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Jack Skellington face character

    Anyone else think he looks like an alien??
    Sally is great, his costume is great, but his mask is a total fail for me. They could have made the head larger to round it out and still have a working mouth. I know Disney has better designers than that!

  • #2
    Re: Jack Skellington face character

    I honestly think it looks great the way it is.

    There are pictures somewhere from long ago at a special event where Jack's head looks like a baseball...and it looks bad.

    http://skeletonstockings.deviantart.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Jack Skellington face character

      Well, with your screen name, you would know!! :-)We are are the park right now watching his photo op, and no one else seems to mind either....I just keep seeing an Alien....I love his costume and poses tho!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Jack Skellington face character

        Originally posted by SkeletonStockings View Post
        I honestly think it looks great the way it is.

        There are pictures somewhere from long ago at a special event where Jack's head looks like a baseball...and it looks bad.
        I agree, I think it also looks great. I ran into Jack and Sally by the restrooms at Hungry Bear and while Jack looked really cool, I was really blown away by the detail of Sally's makeup.


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Jack Skellington face character

          It's kinda hard to pull off Jack Skellington. I think they did great with what they created.

          one hundred and one

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Jack Skellington face character

            I wish it was a fuzzy head, instead of being half head, half mask. It's cool to see them in the parks, though!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Jack Skellington face character

              Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
              I wish it was a fuzzy head, instead of being half head, half mask. It's cool to see them in the parks, though!

              But then he wouldn't be able to talk to peope

              one hundred and one

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Jack Skellington face character

                ^ Yeah. For an interactive face character, I think they did a good job. =)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Jack Skellington face character

                  Actually, I agree about the alien. The head definitely needed to be rounder. Trying to work in the actor's mouth makes his head way too funnel-shaped...
                  .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Jack Skellington face character

                    Originally posted by Christi View Post
                    Anyone else think he looks like an alien??
                    Sally is great, his costume is great, but his mask is a total fail for me. They could have made the head larger to round it out and still have a working mouth. I know Disney has better designers than that!

                    I agree... funny thing is I have a DisneyStore Costume of Jack that has a better looking head than that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Jack Skellington face character

                      I think it looks pretty good. I'd rather have it that way than have it be a fuzzy head that can't speak.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Jack Skellington face character

                        I agree about the alien comment. They should've made the mask go to the bottom of his chin... his head is round, not shaped like an alien's head.

                        And... (i might get some crap for this comment)... but the Sally I had (not the one in your sig Skeleton) was sort of chubby.
                        Not chubby by regular standards, but by character standards. Her weight, body shape, and face shape did NOT fit Sally at all.
                        I'm sorry buy if the casting process is as rigorous as I've heard, they need to cast a not chubby-ish Sally. She also didn't have a very convincing Sally-like personality either.

                        See for yourself:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Jack Skellington face character

                          Originally posted by Awesome View Post
                          I agree about the alien comment. They should've made the mask go to the bottom of his chin... his head is round, not shaped like an alien's head.

                          And... (i might get some crap for this comment)... but the Sally I had (not the one in your sig Skeleton) was sort of chubby.
                          Not chubby by regular standards, but by character standards. Her weight, body shape, and face shape did NOT fit Sally at all.
                          I'm sorry buy if the casting process is as rigorous as I've heard, they need to cast a not chubby-ish Sally. She also didn't have a very convincing Sally-like personality either.

                          See for yourself:
                          Sally is not chubby by any means. Her dress gives her less of a figure, and her face is a bit round, but believe me, she is not chubby at all. She is a bit more talkative when she looks like she does in your photo, but she's honestly one of the best.

                          http://skeletonstockings.deviantart.com/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Jack Skellington face character

                            Yep, he is alien-ish! haha! I hadn't thought of it prior to this, but, now that I see that photo...the head has an odd shape and the eyes (which have to be that way) look to long. They need to be more round for Jack.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Jack Skellington face character

                              Originally posted by Awesome View Post
                              And... (i might get some crap for this comment)... but the Sally I had (not the one in your sig Skeleton) was sort of chubby.
                              Not chubby by regular standards, but by character standards. Her weight, body shape, and face shape did NOT fit Sally at all.
                              I'm sorry buy if the casting process is as rigorous as I've heard, they need to cast a not chubby-ish Sally. She also didn't have a very convincing Sally-like personality either.
                              Yes, you are going to catch crap for this, because I disagree with you completely. She is an average sized woman who fits the role just fine. She is the tallest of them, but that's mostly due to the heels. And even if you somehow define her as chubby, a friend of Jack Skellington once commented how Sally should not be thin. She has curves and mass to her, and said he was glad that Disney was not choosing "stick-thin" girls for the role.

                              And just so it's known, yes I am upset because she's a friend. And I don't like when hard a working friend who takes the role very seriously and gives it her all in her performance gets criticized because someone thinks she's "chubby."

                              But I don't want to go among MAD people!

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Jack Skellington face character

                                Originally posted by littlecricket View Post
                                And just so it's known, yes I am upset because she's a friend. And I don't like when hard a working friend who takes the role very seriously and gives it her all in her performance gets criticized because someone thinks she's "chubby."
                                I don't see how anyone could see her as chubby! She's a tall, thin gal as far as I can see. People have a distorted view of what CHUBBY is! This girl is NOT chubby.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Jack Skellington face character

                                  not an attack on Awesome (cuz he's mah new Buddy )

                                  but damn, if she's chubby, then someone needs to move me into Shamoo's tank pronto >_>

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Jack Skellington face character

                                    I only saw Jack out on Sunday.
                                    At Gay Days I saw both Jack and Sally out.
                                    "You are watching FOX"

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Jack Skellington face character

                                      I hate the way they make Jack walk. Making him move like an idiot does not make him seem tall and lanky. Sorry it just doesn't.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Jack Skellington face character

                                        It does look kinda weird and awkward I admit but when I comes down to caring I'm ok with I and I think it's kinda cool!! I saw him doing a photo op on sunday and everyone seemed not care what he looked like.
                                        So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

                                        AEROSMITH FTWW!

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X