This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Mattehorn closed at about 6:00pm - someone carried out of ridei

I'm on the monorail leaving the parks. after an attempt to ride the matterhorn as my last attraction. was sad to see it closed. but then I saw paramedics carrying someone out of one of the passageways in the mountain. she was on some kind of a stretcher like thing. she was fully concious and was put into a wheelchair when they got her to the loading area. I couldn't stick around to find out exactly what happened...
    -plagued

Re: Mattehorn closed at about 6:00pm - someone carried out of ridei

Doesn't sound good! Any pics?

Comment

not sure if you can see the actual girl, but you can see the commotion..

sorry for the lag, 3g at the park is spotty and I'm on my iPhone.
      -plagued

Comment

That's weird, I wonder what happened

Comment

I hope she's okay

Comment

Thats unheard of. I wonder if this kind of thing has happened before on the Matterhorn.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
            The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
            Indy Ride Count: 2211
            World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
              Thats unheard of. I wonder if this kind of thing has happened before on the Matterhorn.

That and MORE. Just ask Dolly.

Comment

just got home and noticed my FAIL typos in the subject.. yay for iPhone's non-keyboard..

but anyways, like i said: the girl seemed to be fine (well obviously not tip-top shape, but she didn't seem badly injured).. from what i could see she was talking to the others with her, and there was thankfully no blood.

the gaping hole in the mountain on the left side of the picture above is where they were carrying her out of. and the people walking through the queue happened to walk just as the snapped the photo, the girl being carried is blocked by them.

when they put her in the wheelchair, she seemed like she knew how to secure herself/control it, so i'm guessing she might have been wheelchair-bound already before this incident.

again, these are all only assumptions from what i could gather from where i was (as you can see, relatively close to the boarding area, but still pretty far to see many details)
                -plagued

Comment

Could there simply have been an e-stop and she was not able to walk down on her own? My niece used to work the Matterhorn and commented once that if a disabled guest can't manage the steps they have to call the fire department to carry them out.

Also, yesterday, I made my first trip to Dis with two folks in wheelchairs. I noticed that on Big Thunder and Splash they were asked "Can you transfer?" and "Can you walk down x amount of steps?" One of the two could transfer but not manage steps, but they let us on anyway. Putting that together with what my niece told me, I'm guessing they were making sure they knew who had to be carried off if the ride had an e-stop.
                  "Once upon a time there was a Magic Kingdom
                  made of hopes and childhood fantasies
                  A timeless place where every land was filled with wonder
                  A place where everyone who enters its gates will be given the gift of the
                  Young at Heart"

Comment

Originally posted by Young at Heart View Post
                    Could there simply have been an e-stop and she was not able to walk down on her own? My niece used to work the Matterhorn and commented once that if a disabled guest can't manage the steps they have to call the fire department to carry them out.
                    This is what I'm thinking.

Comment

that situation would be much more comforting. I do hope that is the case. and your description of the procedure seems to match what I saw.
                      -plagued

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X