This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] HISTA Becomes Yesterland

This is an idea sparked by Madame Leota and added to by me on another thread (the one about the futility of discussing attractions of the past), and I feel it's just too good to remain hidden in the midst of all of that other, interesting-but-unrelated discussion.

Honey I Shrunk The Audience should be turned into an attraction called "Yesterland" which would offer guests a chance to cinematically experience the beloved Disneyland rides of the past.

I could see it as a 20-minute experience, where you get to "virtually" ride several select old favorites in their entirety.

Or I could see it as a complete "overview," where you get glimpses and tastes of all the lost rides, shops, and restaurants from bygone days.

It would gratify nostalgia amongst the older parkgoers, and educate the newcomers about Disneyland's rich and varied history.

The Tomorrowland tie-in? In the future we'll have a Time Machine - and guests can check out the first working prototype right here at Disneyland.

Re: HISTA Becomes Yesterland

I think it would be a wonderful idea. Anything is better then HISTA anyday!!!!

Comment

Good idea, but wouldn't work thematically in Tomorrowland. The last thing Tomorrowland needs is a museum with more relations to the past.

Comment

I love the name "Yesterland," but if you think that most people would miss the fact that it's a working time machine, the attraction could simply be called "The Time Machine."

Time machines are a futuristic sci-fi staple that, like monorails, have been promised to us for many years. Disneyland should have one.

Comment

As much as I love HISTA, I have to say I'm loving your idea! Having the chance to feel as if you're on the rides that are no longer around would be a great experience, especially for younger people like me, who weren't around for the majority of past attractions. Maybe if they added a little more motion to the seats and such, the idea would work fantastically!!
          "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

Comment

) For some reason in the other thread when you said "Yesterland" I thought you meant "get rid of it forever" LOL

This sounds like an awesome idea. My original idea was to turn HISTA into a movie-adventure inspired by ATIS where you can go inside slowflakes and molecules and stuff, but on screen. But you took it one step further and turned it into everything instead of just ATIS.

Comment

I love the idea, but like others have poster, it wouldn't make much sense to go back in time in a themed area known for the future

Comment

I like the idea. Although it sounds a lot like the 50th anniversary show with Steve Martin. I hope they have great footage.

Comment

So- weare in tommorowland going into yesterday? TLand doesn't need anymore problems. Love the idea on Main Street though!

one hundred and one

Comment

Agreed with Scott. It definatly would not fit in tomorrowland for sure. but it would be something really cool in main street.
                    I really like the idea of being able to relive past rides. Or... they could just bring back some of the very much loved rides from the past that we all want back!

Comment

Y'know...if you really play up the time travel angle, at least in the preshow, it might work fairly okay from a thematic standpoint. It's a very interesting idea!

Comment

The Imagineers unearth a time machine built by Walt Disney himself. When they plug it in and turn it on, they (and we) are wisked back in time to the age of Walt.

This is a 4D film with slight motion floor, slight motion seats, and lots of in theater effects. We could go to the moon, be shrunk to the size of an atom, soar above Disneyland on a skyway bucket, and battle evil with Captain EO. And the show would end with a salute to the many shows and parades from the beginning of the park until it works its way back to modern times and the journey is over.

They could easily have some animatronics in the wings (Country bears, America Sings, etc), and all sorts of special effects that give a taste of what the attractions were like.

MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                        Save

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessIzzie View Post
                          I love HISTA
                          'Nuff said.

Finally, someone on MiceChat who loves HISTA! You, my friend, receive an award.
                          Originally posted by Madame_Leota View Post
                          ) For some reason in the other thread when you said "Yesterland" I thought you meant "get rid of it forever" LOL
                          Me too. The title was misleading, I was hoping it was actual news of HISTA leaving.

Comment

This idea does seem to be appropriate for Tomarrowland. Time Travel has kind have been a thing of the future and to have it in Tomarrowland is perfect.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                              The Imagineers unearth a time machine built by Walt Disney himself. When they plug it in and turn it on, they (and we) are wisked back in time to the age of Walt.

This is a 4D film with slight motion floor, slight motion seats, and lots of in theater effects. We could go to the moon, be shrunk to the size of an atom, soar above Disneyland on a skyway bucket, and battle evil with Captain EO. And the show would end with a salute to the many shows and parades from the beginning of the park until it works its way back to modern times and the journey is over.

They could easily have some animatronics in the wings (Country bears, America Sings, etc), and all sorts of special effects that give a taste of what the attractions were like.

Frozen Walt ice chamber preshow. Frozen Walt = Timekeeper.

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post

YES!
                                That would be super cool.

Comment

Yesterland is a cool idea but it should go on Main Street or somewhere else in Tomorrowland
                                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

It would be great if they could also have a one-minute time-lapse animation showing a model of the park, with one frame of the animation representing one month in the park's history. Including construction it would be about 700 frames to animate, and at DV of 29.97 frames per second that would make the final film about one minute long. It would begin with the land as an orange grove and end with the park as it is today, with each new frame reflecting the changes made in one month.

Comment

Question, could you ride HISTA on this yesterland ride?

Comment

Yes, but you'd see the Yesterland movie, and in that movie, there would be a segment on HISTA, and the movie would be Yesterland, and you would see HISTA, and watch Yesterland, and visit HISTA, and you would be stuck in an infinite loop.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X