This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Splash Mountain Technical Difficulties

Splash Mountain is one of my favorite rides at Disneyland, in fact, I go to Disneyland at least every other week to ride it. Lately, I noticed it going 101 a lot. A few months ago it seemed very bad for Splash. On on of my morning trips to Disneyland, Splash was down at opening. I stay for only 2-3 hours on my morning trips, so I decided to skip it for that day. The next week, the same thing happened, Splash was down at opening. 2 weeks later, again, Splash was down at opening. And then about 1 month later, I get evacuated from Splash (1-2 hours after opening).

Same thing with last winter. Splash was down almost every week. It almost seemed that Splash was being closed in the mornings as nobody would ride it because of the cold weather.

It seems that Splash Mountain gets just about as many evacuations as Indy if not more. Does anybody notice the sudden increase of problems on Splash?

Re: Splash Mountain Technical Difficulties

Once when I went to Disneyland, I ran to Splash, and just as I got in line, I saw the log get stuck at the top of the lift. Later on the day when it reopened, I rode it, but right when I got out of the log, the ride broke down AGAIN.

Comment

This past Saturday it broke down. Not sure the reason, but I was dissapointed

Comment

I've never had a problem with that personally. Earlier this year, I actually went on it 5 times in 1 day, so at least at that time it wasn't a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
          Once when I went to Disneyland, I ran to Splash, and just as I got in line, I saw the log get stuck at the top of the lift. Later on the day when it reopened, I rode it, but right when I got out of the log, the ride broke down AGAIN.
          Yeah, it's strange. Splash is getting at least 1-2 break downs and evacuations each day.

Comment

3-hour breakdown right before I went on it for my first time... not fun when you are freaked out about what will happen. But that was at least 6 years ago...

^Art by me!
            Check out my
            Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
            You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
            Visit my
            Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
            Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

Originally posted by d1mex View Post
              This past Saturday it broke down. Not sure the reason, but I was dissapointed
              I was on it when it broke, they said it was a "Log Jam" I'll post the Video,
              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                I was on it when it broke, they said it was a "Log Jam" I'll post the Video,
                Please do! When I got evacuated from Splash, I was just about to go up the final lift. I think that was the worst place to get evac'ed from because there was a door right there! Then we just walked around the show room, under the facade, pass the recycling place, and back into Disneyland.

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-RLFl5ZK7E]YouTube - Splash Mountain Log Jam[/ame]

We didn't Evac just got stopped a bunch of times on the ride.
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Increased Splash Mountain evac frequency? I like the sound of this. I'll have to ride the attraction a few times next time I'm there.

Comment

Joe..you would...lol....I like the sound of it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                        Increased Splash Mountain evac frequency? I like the sound of this. I'll have to ride the attraction a few times next time I'm there.
                        Hey Data, I heard you the backstage guy, so I have a quick question for you. If you were on Splash, right before the first drop, how would you be evac'ed from the ride?

Comment

LOL Seriously! Ever since I was a child I've always wanted to be evac'd from a ride because I wanted to walk around and see everything on my out. I finally did get evac'd from Indy once - in the rotating doors room, ten seconds after leaving the loading station. Ugh. I got to walk a whole ten feet back to the station.

But I would love to get evac'd from somewhere actually INSIDE a ride, and Splash Mtn. seems fun!

Comment

Originally posted by whillywhack View Post
                            Hey Data, I heard you the backstage guy, so I have a quick question for you. If you were on Splash, right before the first drop, how would you be evac'ed from the ride?
                            Right before the first drop? Hmmm...there are CMs who could answer this question with a LOT more certainty than I can, but I do know there are stairs right next to that drop. They lead down toward the show building, I think, next to the splashdown for the first drop. Then there are stairs in the northeast corner of the show building that would lead down to ground level, and then you'd exit the building...maybe through a door just on the other side of the big gate at the back of Critter Country. This is just an educated guess, though.

I'd really like to be evacuated from anywhere that'll result in us walking out of the "station back-up area" door, the one at the southernmost point of the front building. If you exit the building there, you get to see one side of HM and all sides of the Splash Mountain back building. I might die of happiness.

Comment

I'd really like to be evacuated from anywhere that'll result in us walking out of the "station back-up area" door, the one at the southernmost point of the front building. If you exit the building there, you get to see one side of HM and all sides of the Splash Mountain back building. I might die of happiness.
                              Yes, that would be a great happiness.
                              So far I've had my Indy evac.
                              Now I'm just waiting for HM, POTC and Splash.
                              Some ppl get upset when a ride goes down
                              I get totally happy and pray for an evac so I can walk the ride.
                              (such simple, easy things to make me happy.....and no, it doesn't ruin the magic, it actually creates more for me)
                              Quote by Al:
                              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                              -Al Lutz

Comment

Right before the first drop? Hmmm...there are CMs who could answer this question with a LOT more certainty than I can, but I do know there are stairs right next to that drop. They lead down toward the show building, I think, next to the splashdown for the first drop. Then there are stairs in the northeast corner of the show building that would lead down to ground level, and then you'd exit the building...maybe through a door just on the other side of the big gate at the back of Critter Country. This is just an educated guess, though.

You mean right before going up the lift for the final drop? The only ride I got evac'ed from (after hundreds of visits to Disneyland) was Splash, right before the final lift. I remember seeing the HM show building, with some logs parked next to it.

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                                  Yes, that would be a great happiness.
                                  So far I've had my Indy evac.
                                  Now I'm just waiting for HM, POTC and Splash.
                                  Some ppl get upset when a ride goes down
                                  I get totally happy and pray for an evac so I can walk the ride.
                                  (such simple, easy things to make me happy.....and no, it doesn't ruin the magic, it actually creates more for me)

The only ride I ever got evac'd was POTC just before "Captain" X's talking skull. Ended up right back in NOS through a pair of saloon-type doors.
                                  Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

Originally posted by Orcatime View Post
                                    The only ride I ever got evac'd was POTC just before "Captain" X's talking skull. Ended up right back in NOS through a pair of saloon-type doors.
                                    Did you walk past the cast member's lockers?

Comment

Originally posted by whillywhack View Post
                                      Did you walk past the cast member's lockers?
                                      I don't remember. I just wanted to get out of there because my brother was embarassing me by asking the CMs for a free renewal on his AP because it was going to expire in a couple of weeks. I was too tempted to push him down the tunnel with that comment.
                                      Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X