X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] ToT Projections

Hey everyone,

While being at the park over the weekend I noticed (while driving) something being projected on ToT. I was on Harbor, so I couldn't tell what it was exactly, it looks like some circular object.

I was at the park the next day (Saturday), and no projections at all.

Anyone know what the deal with this is?

Personally I think ToT should have projections more often, something similar to these:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eenJMKiYR_s]YouTube - The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Grand Opening (Part 1) Tour de la Terreur | Disneyland Paris[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1qwWSlYuks]YouTube - The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Grand Opening (Part 2) Tour de la Terreur | Disneyland Paris[/ame]

Re: ToT Projections

Holy cow that was awesome... they should do that every night at all the ToTs. Thanks!

Comment

That is awesome!! The projections you saw are probably from Mickey's trick Or Treat Party.

Comment

Those videos are actually from DLP.

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
          I saw, it was NOTHING like the Grand Opening at DCA. They should of done that!

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
            I believe Dan-Tasmic! was referring to what was actually seen at DCA, not the videos posted.

Comment

Yeah, that is a fastastic way to open up an attraction! It's amazing what Disney can do when it wants to do something special!
              Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
              - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
              - me too!

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
                I believe Dan-Tasmic! was referring to what was actually seen at DCA, not the videos posted.
                At first, it looked like it came from DCA until I looked at the video and it looked nothing like what they did. Compared to Paris, DCA's grand opening seemed kinda lame.

Comment

This is a must for next Halloween, I mean come on Space Got something like this DCA needs this cool effect too.
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

This was WDS' grand opening. It is AMAZING.

I wish it would come to DCA and DHS. Not sure if there are nightly shows, but there should be!

one hundred and one

Comment

That would be a great show! They should have the projections as a some kind of a show during some nights. Then during halloween they should do what they did with the opening, with the fog and cars etc. That would be another way to get more people into DCA and liven up that area of the park.

Comment

I was also there last night and saw it. It looked like it was a cat. I asked a cast member and they said there was a special cast memers only and their children event. The kids trick or treat they said. I could hear a loud bass playing from outside DCA.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiGhost View Post
                          I was also there last night and saw it. It looked like it was a cat. I asked a cast member and they said there was a special cast memers only and their children event. The kids trick or treat they said. I could hear a loud bass playing from outside DCA.
                          Thanks for the info. I was wondering what it was Saturday night, I wasn't sure.

I agree with EVERYONE in saying there at some point, whether a specific season or month, that projections like the ones in Paris should be used in DCA.

DHS in Florida has randomized rides, something we dont. If we can't get that, than I think the shows can make our ToT different. Maybe a GG like projection show on ToT would be great. I like the purple lighting, but so much more could be done to make it really eerie.

Once Hollywoodland is done, whenever that will be, I think it will automatically enhance ToT's image. The projections would be amazing though.

Comment

Those are some seriously awesome projections.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Those are some awesome projections. I agree that DCA's TOT should do some similar projections.
                              sigpic
                              Home away from Home.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X