Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was there ever a Main Street Barbershop?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Was there ever a Main Street Barbershop?

At my home resort of WDW, the Magic Kingdom's Main Street has been stripped of almost any true turn-of-the-century store... except the Main Street Harmony Barbershop. When I was last at Disneyland, I thought it was strange that Disneyland still has many of its "authentic" touches, but it didn't have a barbershop. Did Disneyland ever have one, and if it did, what happened to it?

Re: Was there ever a Main Street Barbershop?

Himm
    I think there is no Main Street Barbershop at CA Disneyland

I did a Google and only the singing group pop up.
    and your question.

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

Comment

We don't have a barber shop. But it would be fun to get your hair cut on Main Street. I'd probably do it.

Comment

It would be really cool to get your hair cut on Main Street. I've heard of the WDW one, I think having one here would add a nice touch like it does in WDW. Our Main Street is considered to becoming less "authentic" as well, I think if they added a Barber Shop with authentic theming, it may make Main St. seem less of a mall. I like Main Street, I don't mean to come off like I'm complaining about it. I only feel that having a Barber Shop would be a nice addition and help improve it.

Comment

i think it would be interesting to get a haircut on mainstreet. but then i wouldn't want to walk around the park for the rest of the day w/ itchy hair around my neck. seems like it would ultimately be inconvenient.

Comment

I have never understood why Walt Disney didn't include a barbershop on his Main Street at Disneyland.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

maybe he didn't about it or just forgot?

there could be soooo many reasons why walt never put in a barbershop
              maybe he didn't like getting his hair cut?
              Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
              You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
              Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Maybe he originally planned to, but couldn't because of budget issues.

Comment

i'm sure we could have a lot of fun coming up with reasons why there's not a barbershop
                  Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                  You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                  Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Interesting, I didn't know that there was never a Main Street Barbershop at Disneyland! That must mean the one at MK is an original concept... interesting!

Disneyland should get one... it'd probably do great business, and it would finally give the Dapper Dans a home as a barbershop quartet.

Comment

I'd love to see a main street barbershop too! I'd definitly get my hair cut done there, no matter the price.
                      on a side note, i was covering a job at the disney studios and used the original animation building elevator and on the 4th floor, there was a placard that said "Barber" or something like that

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X