This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Lots of Wind this Halloween

Me, my brother, and his girlfriend are going to Disneyland on Friday (it's a surprise, she doesn't even know yet).

I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

But with the current wind storms I can only assume that there will be cancelled shows this weekend, just in time for Halloween.

If anyone has any updates from the parks please post them here, thanks .

Re: Lots of Wind this Halloween

Friday winds are forecast as of today to be 6mph from the NNE during the day and 2mph from the NNE during the night.
    weather.com.

So what if some shows are cancelled?

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
      Friday winds are forecast as of today to be 6mph from the NNE during the day and 2mph from the NNE during the night.
      weather.com.

So what if some shows are cancelled?
      Do I sense some attitude? :blink:

[[jk]]

Comment

Well here is my experience from Sunday...

The wind was BLOWING at time of nighttime entertainment (F! and Halloween Screams)

Both showings of F! played out, with only a few low-level pyro shots cut out

Halloween Screams even went on, which I couldn't believe... The shells were going off sooooo much further from where they usually do, but even though the show went on, there were a number of cuts from the castle, in terms of pyro, but it was still an impressive show as always

If both entertainment offerings had shown that night, then I really don't see any reason for you to worry about this weekend

Comment

All in all, we've had an unsually un-windy October this year. I can only assume WDI finally perfected their weather control device and is testing it out under the excuse "We don't want anyone to miss the Halloween fireworks, do we?" Come Thanksgiving, they should be ready to start taking over the world.
          Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

im surprised that halloween screams went on on windy conditions.

my guess is that they were just harsh low level winds that made launch a safe thing with a "modular" system that lets them turn specific pyros on and off depending on the conditions.

just my guess

Comment

Halloween Screams was canceled tonight. Winds were still blowing pretty good out of the NW which was right towards the park form the launch area. So no chance in having the show tonight. The rest of the week could be OK, but still calling for generally light NE winds, which are not always good either.

Comment

Originally posted by Goover View Post
                Do I sense some attitude? :blink:

[[jk]]
                Oh, I haven't even BEGUN!!

But seriously, there are lots of things to do at DL. Heck, I hope the shows DON'T get cancelled, so the lines are shorter during them, for me!

Comment

Originally posted by AaronInCal View Post
                  Halloween Screams was canceled tonight. Winds were still blowing pretty good out of the NW which was right towards the park form the launch area. So no chance in having the show tonight. The rest of the week could be OK, but still calling for generally light NE winds, which are not always good either.

That really stinks, sorry to hear that.

XP I'm not giving up hope.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X