Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Expensive Attraction at Disneyland?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most Expensive Attraction at Disneyland?

Originally posted by CinderellaStory View Post
    Haven't read the whole thread, but my initial response would definitely have been Indy.

It seems that the subs surpassed it in cost though, which seems strange to me. They used recycled subs and refurbished a location that was already there. Even the queue doesn't have much theming to mention. Odd.
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing, why is Nemo sooooo much with the circumstances?

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
      WED wasn't building rides/lands this complicated at this scale and with the building codes and insurance requirements. Disneyland was relatively simple in the beginning, which is why it was built in a year. If they took on Carsland then, it would have taken twice as long as it does now, easily.

Can you explain exactly what's so much more complicated about the lands of today then back when Disneyland was created? Last time I checked, Disneyland's architecture and layout was superior in every way to any theme park ever created. The size of Disneyland is also about 4 times that of Carsland, so how can you say WED never attempted something of this scale? The only thing that is more complex are the attractions, that's what time will do. I'm sure we would be seeing even better things than what OLC has created if WED's principles and drive were being practiced today.

Building codes and insurance I'll give you but that doesn't mean everything they create today is more complex, just means it's less efficient.

Also, considering the fact that Imagineering of today is gigantic, it's hardly fair to compare a multibillion dollar company to one that was brand new and small at the time. If WED were as large and knowledgeable about current affairs it would finish the project in half the time, not to mention provide a better product. Personally I think they would laugh at the prospect of Carsland because it's so silly and ill-conceived, not to mention unoriginal.
      Last edited by Seawolf; 11-04-2009, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
        Firstly, can you explain exactly what's so much more complicated about the lands of today then back when Disneyland was created? Last time I checked, Disneyland's architechture and layout was superior in every way to any theme park ever created. The size of Disneyland is also about 4 times that of Carsland, so how can you say WED never attempted something of this scale? The only thing that is more complex are the attractions.

Building codes and insurance I'll give you but that doesn't mean anything they create today is more complex. I'm sure the buildings were built well enough to withstand earthquakes, that's complex enough for me.

Also, considering the fact that Imagineering of today is gigantic, it's hardly fair to compare a multi billion dollar company to one that was brand new and small at the time. I promise that if WED were as large and knowledgable about current affairs it would finish the project in half the time, not to mention provide a better product.
        If WED were as large and knowledgable about current affairs they would be WDI.
        Please check out my website, UncleBobDisneyGuy.com!

Thanks for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
          If WED were as large and knowledgable about current affairs they would be WDI.
          Considering WDI doesn't have a leader like Walt I would say that's pretty impossible.

The fact of the matter remains, they don't have the drive, vision, or leadership which WED had under Walt's supervision. Today it's just another engineering company that is being dictated by the bottom line and stock holders. The same comparision can be made between Walt and Paul Pressler running Disneyland.
          Last edited by Seawolf; 11-04-2009, 02:32 AM.

Comment

I hear pirates was the most expensive. All that gold must have cost a fortune!

\Sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
              Considering WDI doesn't have a leader like Walt I would say that's pretty impossible.

The fact of the matter remains, they don't have the drive, vision, or leadership which WED had under Walt's supervision... The same comparision can be made between Walt and Paul Pressler running Disneyland.
              In bigger generalities, the comparison is being made between corporate American thinking of the 50's (Built in America/National pride) and current corporate American thinking ("Greed is good" mentality).

Now that the problem has been identified, what's the solution?
              Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X