Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

noooooo! disney corn dogs taste different now!?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News noooooo! disney corn dogs taste different now!?

both chowhound and oc weekly are reporting that the corn dogs that you can get on main street (in that red truck, yes) taste different now!? and they're smaller!?

Chowhounds Suspect That Disneyland Has Changed Their Corn Dog...For The Worse - Orange County Restaurants and Dining - Stick a Fork In It

i haven't had one in ages, can anyone here confirm??

Re: noooooo! disney corn dogs taste different now!?

What!!! No! If thats true I will freak out!I LOVE those corn dogs! They're nice and sweet, delicious! Except I always get the smell of urine from the cart! Is it just me, or does it smell like urine! Really strong too! Everyone always says I'm crazy but I always smell it! I'm on to you Disney!

Comment

blame the chefs. I do believe the hot dogs are no longer all beef but beef + chicken hot dogs now. and they are disgusting.
      ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

OMG....my people are going to be outraged if this is true.
        Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

I don't know about the corn dogs, but the Pumpkin Fudge isn't as good as it was last year. I look forward to a piece of it all year and I was quite disappointed.
          Crazy Works For Me!

Comment

Why must you always fail at food Disney, why?
            DLR/DCA: x10: 2019,2015,2014,2007,2008,2009,2010,2012,2003,1999
            WDW: 1x 2009
            Tall Ship Sailor: ‚ÄčLady Washington 2011

Comment

I'm not sure about Disneyland, but WDW is no longer serving all beef hot dogs anywhere. They're now a mixture of beef and chicken.
              Editor-In-Chief of Orlando Attractions Magazine
              www.attractionsmagazine.com

Comment

What!?! Disneyland's corndogs are the best in the world!
                I get one every time I go. I had one a couple of weeks ago and they were still as delicious as ever.
                They have gotten smaller over the past couple years though I've noticed. But they're still good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kasey View Post
                  I don't know about the corn dogs, but the Pumpkin Fudge isn't as good as it was last year. I look forward to a piece of it all year and I was quite disappointed.
                  About the fudge...I heard a year or more ago that they started making it lower fat. (It's fudge...why mess with it?) So, that may be why. It's not as rich and creamy. I don't bother anymore.

I can confirm the hotdog thing. I was just there 2 weeks ago. They are considerably smaller than before, but, I felt they tasted pretty much the same. They were DEFINITELY not as large. Whether they are beef/chicken now...I couldn't tell.

Sadly, DL is going with lower fat items (they took away strawberry shortcake 2 summers ago...I was BUMMED!). The ice cream in Gibson Girl is lower fat (and does NOT taste the same) and the hot fudge too. We don't even go there anymore, it's not nearly as good as before. My hubby asked a manager there about the ice cream and hot fudge in December and they told him it's low fat. Ugh.

They are making choices for us about what fat intake we should have, apparently.

Comment

I gave up beef and wish they offered all chicken corndogs, then I could have corndogs again. It's been about 10 years since I have had a beef corndog.

Comment

Maybe they're late on news. A few months ago, it was reported the corn dogs went from eight to six inches. Maybe noone until now noticed the recipe was changed also.

-♥d.p♥

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                        About the fudge...I heard a year or more ago that they started making it lower fat. (It's fudge...why mess with it?) So, that may be why. It's not as rich and creamy. I don't bother anymore.

I can confirm the hotdog thing. I was just there 2 weeks ago. They are considerably smaller than before, but, I felt they tasted pretty much the same. They were DEFINITELY not as large. Whether they are beef/chicken now...I couldn't tell.

Sadly, DL is going with lower fat items (they took away strawberry shortcake 2 summers ago...I was BUMMED!). The ice cream in Gibson Girl is lower fat (and does NOT taste the same) and the hot fudge too. We don't even go there anymore, it's not nearly as good as before. My hubby asked a manager there about the ice cream and hot fudge in December and they told him it's low fat. Ugh.

They are making choices for us about what fat intake we should have, apparently.
                        Crazy Works For Me!

Comment

People are shocked over Corn Dogs? I had one this year and it did not tasted any different than Wienerschnitzel (which I prefer).

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                          The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                          Indy Ride Count: 2211
                          World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Hey, I love a good Der Weiner chilicheese dog or 3, but the corndogs do not hold a candle to the DL ones!!
                            They are a lot smaller now tho! They used to be a meal for two!

Comment

About a year or so ago Disney started getting into this healthy food kick. Smaller portions, hardly any beef, lo fat, and more expensive. Remember the French Dip's at New Orleans? gone. And now they're gone from White Water Shack too. I had not tried the pumpkin fudge this year and after hearing this I'm glad I didn't. I realize that in general the American population has gotten larger and I'm certainly no lightweight, but I also resent the government and Disney telling me what to eat. I know what I SHOULD be eating but when I go to Disneyland, I want to splurge a little. And don't even get me started on the crud they pass off as coffee there.
                              sigpic

Comment

Okay enough talk. We need someone to go down there right now and get a Corn Dog!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                                  Maybe they're late on news. A few months ago, it was reported the corn dogs went from eight to six inches. Maybe noone until now noticed the recipe was changed also.

-♥d.p♥
                                  Was just about to say the same. :thumbup:

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                                  Okay enough talk. We need someone to go down there right now and get a Corn Dog!
                                  With MY money? No thanks. :lol:

Comment

I think the Der Wienerschnitzel corn dogs are chicken franks.
                                    Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers - can you see how incredible this is going to be? - hang gliding, come on!

Comment

Gee, Disneyland drops the ball again and screws up a good thing? There's a shock.

:judge:

If the suits were actually interested in providing quality food, they'd have hot dogs and corn dogs that snap when you bite them.

One day, possibly, people will stop buying Disneyland's overpriced food, and then, maybe, just maybe, the so-called geniuses in the offices will get it into their thick heads that, hey, maybe providing QUALITY is a good idea, and matters more than saving a few pennies.

Comment

Wienerschnitzel's corn dogs are the best I've tasted, and when I had a Disneyland corn dog last month, I couldn't even finish it. It wasn't so much the meat, it was the batter.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X