This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] A new dark ride

If you could build any dark ride (this is hypothetical) what movie would it be based after?
    Beauty and the Beast
    36.23%
    Tarzan
    4.35%
    The Huntchback of Notre Dame
    4.35%
    Meet the Robinsons
    2.90%
    The Incredibles
    10.14%
    Aladdin
    18.84%
    The Princess and the Frog
    5.07%
    A Pixar movie
    0.72%
    Cinderella
    4.35%
    Other
    13.04%
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Re: A new dark ride

This could be a stupid question... but what do you mean by "dark ride"
    Give me an example of a current one.

Comment

Mr. Toad, Monsters Inc, etc.

Comment

I voted Aladdin though there's absolutely no space for one. (cough, magic kingdom, cough)

But you know after seeing Monsters Inc and Winnie the Pooh, I don't want any more dark rides unless they can do them right.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Marry Poppins!

Comment

Oh got it. I usually refer to those as "story rides"... how'd they get the name "dark rides"?

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
            I voted Aladdin though there's absolutely no space for one. (cough, magic kingdom, cough)

But you know after seeing Monsters Inc and Winnie the Pooh, I don't want any more dark rides unless they can do them right.
            You took the words right out my mouth.
            Aladdin is my first choice.
            And I think Winnie the Pooh and Monsters Inc are disappointing in the sense that every character on the ride talks without moving their mouths.
            Now I know Disneyland is pretty magical... but come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome View Post
              Oh got it. I usually refer to those as "story rides"... how'd they get the name "dark rides"?
              It's because the ride is inside, where it's 'dark'.

Comment

well i only like going on Winnie the Pooh on my birthday

cause at the end everyone says happy birthday!
                it makes me feel special
                Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                  It's because the ride is inside, where it's 'dark'.
                  Couldn't that theoretically be any ride... like Indy?
                  Or does "dark ride" include Indy?
                  If it does then I think it's too broad of a term because Indy and Winnie the Pooh are completely different rides.

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
                  well i only like going on Winnie the Pooh on my birthday

cause at the end everyone says happy birthday!
                  it makes me feel special
                  Haha I only go on Winnie the Pooh because at the end there's a banner that says "HOORAY FOR POOH" and I love yelling it.
                  Go ahead... yell it right now, you'll see what I mean...
                  :lol:
                  Immature I know, but I can't help myself haha. )

Comment

Depends on what your looking for. I voted Aladdin because its a solid film and a Kuka Robocoaster as a Magic Carpet Ride mixed with some expansive sets, quality AA's, and maybe a mix of 3-D effects for the Genie could yield interesting results.

The other two that would be very interesting to see are Beauty and the Beast and The Incredibles. I envision Beauty and the Beast with a Trackless system where you ride in Teacups. Given the same treatment as Hunny Hunt in Tokyo, it could do the movie some justice. Just imagine AA's of Belle and the Beast dancing in the vast ballroom, while the teacups are choreographed to dance around them as the song plays. The Incredibles would be great if done as Spiderman with a mix of 3-D, sets, and EMV's.
                    sigpic
                    Long Live the Disney Renaissance

Comment

They should have done a duplicate of Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo somewhere in the Anaheim parks instead of the run-of-the-mill The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

My first choice for a new dark ride would be WALL-E's Journey to Axiom in Tomorrowland.

I would also like to see a permanent Mary Poppins show in a custom-built theater in Fantasyland, with live singers. Disney's best musical film deserves a permanent shrine.

Fantasia deserves a permanent attraction instead of just a show (Fantasmic) and would also benefit from the trackless ride system used in Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

The TRON speed tunnel on the PeopleMover was good enough that a dark ride could be based on that.

The Incredibles has promise for a kid's dark ride in DCA.

The Jungle Book is another classic Disney film that has gotten short shrift in Disneyland, and would be a nice addition to Adventureland if there was room.

Although some may disagree, Bedknobs and Broomsticks has great potential for a dark ride packed with special effects.

The Lion King would make a good ride but would probably best as an indoor+outdoor ride.

But my #1 choice would be one for WALL-E. Very sophisticated animation and a relevant story. It won an Academy Award for Best Animated Film of the Year!

Comment

Beauty and the Beast or Princess and the Frog both would work well as dark rides and there is space for both.
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

They need something Beauty and the Beast related.. I'd love to see a dark ride made out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome View Post
                            Couldn't that theoretically be any ride... like Indy?
                            Or does "dark ride" include Indy?
                            If it does then I think it's too broad of a term because Indy and Winnie the Pooh are completely different rides.
                            Dark rides usually consist of black lights/fluorescent colors, too. Basically all the Fantasyland rides and Roger Rabbit.

I would love to see a Beauty and the Beast dark ride.

sigpic

Comment

Beauty and the Beast would make a great dark ride. It's considered one of Disney's best, it's ridiculous that they havn't built a dark ride for it yet.

Comment

I want a new Toy Story Dark Ride.

I know we have Toy Story Mania, But is just full of giant TV/projection Screen. You don't actually get to see the animatronic characters.

I want the new Toy Story Dark Ride. I want it to be based in that little kid room in Toy Story movie 1 and 2. Where we take a tour of his bedroom fill with toys.
                                My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
                                http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

I wouldn't base it on ANY movie. I'd use a new, ORIGINAL idea.

Comment

Originally posted by asianbma View Post
                                    I want a new Toy Story Dark Ride.

I know we have Toy Story Mania, But is just full of giant TV/projection Screen. You don't actually get to see the animatronic characters.

I want the new Toy Story Dark Ride. I want it to be based in that little kid room in Toy Story movie 1 and 2. Where we take a tour of his bedroom fill with toys.

I agree. And BLAB doesn't really represent the Toy Story universe properly, either.

My idea was that the ride vehicle would be the RC car, and you'd ride around giant sets of Andy's Room, Pizza Planet, Sid's Room, etc., giving you the feeling of being the size of a toy (neither Toy Story ride truly does this). My placement of a Toy Story attraction would be either in a seperate Pixarland, or in a mini-Toyland in Fantasyland, where the PFF currently is (together with the pre-existing Small World - singing dolls - and Pooh's Hunny Hunt - talking stuffed animals, not critters! ).

Yes, I'd also like an original, non-movie based concept from Imagineering. I'm curious to see what Pixar would come up with if they were to design a completely original attraction (at least the theme) the way Walt's studio artists did back when DL was first in development.

(I didn't vote yet, because most of these could make good dark rides, and all of them could also make very bad dark rides )
                                    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
                                    Disney sequel):
                                    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
                                    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
                                    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
                                    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
                                    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

I'd like to see a Tarzan or lion king ride
                                      So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

Aladdin!!!

I don't like how the poll just says "Pixar Movie" when Pixar has like over 10 movies to choose from!

one hundred and one

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X