Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What existing attraction would not be built today?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What existing attraction would not be built today?

What existing attraction would not be built today either because of cost or lack of creativity or thrills or whatever?

My first thought would be POTC, because of the cost, general complexity, length of the ride and lack of "thrills" after the two drops. But then again, if the movies had come out first, they would probably build it to take advantage of its popularity.

Another would be Jungle Cruise. I enjoy it, though I'd like to see it improved/changed. But it takes up a lot of land and doesn't "eat" that many guests.

Re: What existing attraction would not be built today?

PotC would never get built today because it would be seen as too expensive and complex.

Comment

I also think HM would have second thoughts.
      You have two buildings, lots of AA and mucho details.
      Once they saw the cost, I don't think they would invest.
      Glad most of my fav's were built in Walt's time. When he saw something good, he knew what he had and built it.
      Quote by Al:
      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
      -Al Lutz

Comment

None of the classic attractions we love would have been built. Maybe the Fantasyland children's rides because they have movie tie-ins. But today's Disney rarely seems to build anything that doesn't promote something else they are trying to sell.

Comment

Anything made over 37 years ago,
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

POTC, Matterhorn, Submarines, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Mark Twain & Columbia. The land attractions because of overall complexity of rides, and the boats because of the attention to details which incurs high cost. Not to mention in todays society, riding the Mark Twain isn't as big a thrill as it was with the young as well as the elderly back in the mid century.

Comment

Matterhorn would probably not be built today, seeing as how the company never built one in any of the other parks.

Comment

Hardly could imagine F! being built since Woc is being built. Although maybe if there was still a problem with not having a lot of guests on the west side of the park. In the end they would say F! is too much which it would be. My guesstimation is in the ballpark of 50milish. I know theres around 5mil at least in lighting etc.

Comment

The overall layout of Disneyland as a whole.
                  Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
                  I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

Honestly, is not this what makes Disneyland so special? Rides like POTC, HM, Indy, were all built in there own way, respective of that era's financial, social, and cultural directions.

I mean, Disneyland hasn't received a "killer E Ticket" in almost fifteen years -- and Disney lives in the world of "Synergy" for this era, which means if one does get built it will surely have a tie in. On the other hand, think about how technologically advanced our favorite rides would be given the state of todays tech.
                    Class of 2005...

Comment

i agree w/ pirates, haunted mansion, and matterhorn.

if a disneyland started less than 5 years ago, it would be nothing but 3D virtual reality game rides. meet the robinsons ride, chicken little ride, ugh... thank goodness for Walt.

Comment

The Train, PoTC, Jungle, HM, Matterhorn, Tom Sawyer Island, RoA and all the boats in it, & Submarine Voyage.
                        Download my EP: Dizz Presents The Free EP

Comment

Almost makes me wish Disney Parks and Disney Videos were seperate so we could have the best of both worlds.

Comment

Matterhorn, Small World, Pirates as we know it, or Mansion.
                            Matthew

Comment

I'm pretty sure ROA and Jungle Cruise would have been tied up in environmental review so long that they would have eventually given up.

Comment

Mr. Toad. The movie wouldn't be popular enough.
                                "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
                                YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
                                Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
                                (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Comment

Autopia, the monorail, the trains, and POTC.
                                  In fact, anything built before the 80's that's isn't a dark ride would be out of the realm of reality if it were thought up today. Lame.
                                  "I did do the nasty in the pasty" -Philip J. Fry

Comment

I don't think the Park would be built at all today. It took someone w/ a passionate belief in his idea and the means to make it work. Those people simply don't exist anymore in corporate America.
                                    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
                                    Charter Member

Comment

I'm envisioning POTC as if it were built today: one or two animatronics (if that) and the rest just static figures like Monsters Inc. *shudder*.
                                      My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

I would think they would rethink the Winne the Pooh ride. It isn't too exciting or interesting. I miss the Country Bear Jamboree.
                                        sigpic
                                        Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X