Disneyland Security Question (Might be inappropriate for some!)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Potato Head
    • Oct 2009

[Question] Disneyland Security Question (Might be inappropriate for some!)

This will be an awkward first post, but I'm want to make sure the parks are safe. A few weeks ago while waiting for Autotopia a man was "in his pants" doing his thing in line. (Please figure this one out) He was staring at some young girls in front of him (like 7-8 years old). We pointed this out to the cast member who got security there in around 5-10 minutes, who began to question him (while he continued his behavior in front of the security guard).

First off with a 6 and 8 year old this completely ruined our Disney experience. Watching a pedophile in line isn't exactly "magical" and "Dreams come trueish". My question is what would Disney security do to a threat like this? I want people like him banned from our park, and I came here to find out if this would be the case? The kids still won't forget about him and we want to be sure we will be safe at Disneyland. While we're at it, has anyone else expierienced anything like this? Thank you!
  • FI183
    Banned User
    • Jul 2005

Re: Disneyland Security Question (Might be inappropriate for some!)

OMG That is truely horrifying! I am sooooo soooo terribly sorry you had to experience that! I really hope he got banned from Disneyland, that is just sick and disgusting! The CMs did the right thing in calling 911! That is just horrifying! Again I am so soo very sorry yoy experience that!

Comment

• MrPotatoHead
      Aspiring Imagineer
      • Aug 2008

That would completely shatter anyones expirience to Disneyland anyday !!
      Disneyland - Since 1995
      Walt Disney World - 2010
      Tokyo Disneyland - 2015
      Hong Kong Disneyland - 2015
      Disneyland Paris - ????

Comment

• Mac Daddy
        Nikon +Disneyland = :)
        MiceChat Round-Up Crew
        • Jun 2005

Darkbeer has more specific information on this, but now might be a good time to remind everyone that there are several half-way house/apartments for pedaphiles not too far from Disneyland so....even though you are on Disney property doesn't necessarily mean your kids are safe.

If someone knows how to access that site, I think we were shocked a couple years ago to find that there are SEVERAL pedophiles that are within walking distance of the DLR.

Comment

• SCUBAbe
          no flash photography...
          • Jan 2005

yeah, the house them in the hotels on harbor...from what I understand.

Comment

• Mad_Hatter_Lover
            I LOVE DISNEYLAND <3
            • Sep 2009

I think I just threw up! This is SO disgusting! I hope that man was banned for life! I can't imagine anyone doing that at Disneyland.

You did the right thing by informing a cm. :thumbup: :clap:

Comment

• SnorkletsMom
              I see mouse people
              • Mar 2008

"I want people like him banned from our park"
              How would you suggest they ban him? Forcibly tattoo his forehead "Disneyland admittance forbidden"? I'm sure security took whatever legal measures they could, but there's nothing keeping him from returning.

"we want to be sure we will be safe at Disneyland"
              While I understand this was a disgusting experience, suggesting that it makes you less 'safe' is naive. Don't you suppose at any one time there may be at least one, perhaps dozens, of people who go to the park for unsavory reasons? You make sure you are 'safe' by being responsible parents, the same as you would anywhere else.

I'm not trying to be harsh, and I know this sort of thing should never happen anywhere, but we need to be realistic, too.

Comment

• WestsideCM99
                Banned User
                • May 2009

I'm pretty sure that the guy got ejected from the park as a minimum consequence for his actions. If the guy was still going at it talking to the security guard that should give the security guard the justification to take him backstage and call the Anaheim PD because now you have a security guard that can provide witness to the lewd and lascivious activity. Best-case scenario would be that he took a trip up Harbor Blvd in a patrol car, got processed and cited, and when he goes to court the judge will give him a county shrink and a restraining order that keeps him miles away from the Disney property at all times.

The problem with the halfway homes is that the state considers these people to be "rehabilitated" and thus they are considered innocent until they screw up again.

Comment

• animagusurreal
                  MiceChatter
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
                  The problem with the halfway homes is that the state considers these people to be "rehabilitated" and thus they are considered innocent until they screw up again.

Even so, why oh why would they put them next to Disneyland of all places - a place where there's always a lot of children? Aren't there hotels in Southern California that are not next to a destination that draws families with children from all over the world?

(I'm reacting to the state's decision to house them there, not the person who posted. I had heard about this before.)
                  "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
                  Disney sequel):
                  Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
                  Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
                  Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
                  Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
                  Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

• BiggestDisneyFan
                    Proud of my erate view
                    • Oct 2008

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Being the father of a nine-year-old girl (and, actually regardless of that), it's people like that, that make me sometimes hate the unwillingness of our society to take the necessary steps to remove problems like that pervert. Sorry if anybody thinks it's cruel, but by 'necessary steps', I mean to remove the 'problem' from the pedophile, either chemically or (better yet) surgically.

As for seeing somebody doing something like that in the park, I'm just pig-headed stupid enough that I'd less than calmly walk over to the freak and start screaming at him about being a pervert and about nobody wanting things like him in Disneyland. I'd make it abundantly clear that he needed to make a bee-line for the exit, that I'd be following him the whole way, and that what would happen if he stopped would be much more nightmarish than what he could do to a child. I know I'd probably get myself kicked out and banned from the park for it, but that's how strongly I feel about it!

*Deep breaths* 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10. Nope, still fuming!

Sorry for the mega-rant. It's just a very big hot-button issue for me.
                    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

• Madame_Leota
                      Awaken the spirits
                      • Mar 2007

D: eaugh! So sorry you and your family had to witness that! I hope they called the police on that guy, because that is just NOT acceptable and I think illegal. I feel really bad for the young girls he was looking at, as well as their family. I don't have kids, but if I saw some guy looking at my kids doing that, I'd be well beyond pissed.

Comment

• villagecreator
                        MiceChatter
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
                        AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Being the father of a nine-year-old girl (and, actually regardless of that), it's people like that, that make me sometimes hate the unwillingness of our society to take the necessary steps to remove problems like that pervert. Sorry if anybody thinks it's cruel, but by 'necessary steps', I mean to remove the 'problem' from the pedophile, either chemically or (better yet) surgically.

As for seeing somebody doing something like that in the park, I'm just pig-headed stupid enough that I'd less than calmly walk over to the freak and start screaming at him about being a pervert and about nobody wanting things like him in Disneyland. I'd make it abundantly clear that he needed to make a bee-line for the exit, that I'd be following him the whole way, and that what would happen if he stopped would be much more nightmarish than what he could do to a child. I know I'd probably get myself kicked out and banned from the park for it, but that's how strongly I feel about it!

*Deep breaths* 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10. Nope, still fuming!

Sorry for the mega-rant. It's just a very big hot-button issue for me.
                        Thank you for being that passionate about what's right! And like everyone else on here has said, sorry you had to see that. I would have been mortified.

Comment

• vfire
                          The line's too long...
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                          Are you serious? Which hotels? I think we'd all like to avoid them.

As for that guy, security should take him out back and give him the "bizness." That kind of extreme anti-social behavior should get one locked up forever.

Comment

• OldSchoolMickey
                            MiceChatter
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post

Yes, and at tax payers expense!

Your tax dollars at work!

If I would have witnessed the actions of this disgusting individual, DL security would have been called, but only after I had my way with him...

And yes, folks shouldn't be so naive to think that this type of activity (and more) does not happen at the Park. It most certainly does.

Parents need to practice their due diligence 24/7 when it comes to the safety of their kids. Yes, it is the parents personal responsibility to care for their own children. Even at Disneyland...

Comment

• DLFreak71
                              ---------------
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
                              "I want people like him banned from our park"
                              How would you suggest they ban him? Forcibly tattoo his forehead "Disneyland admittance forbidden"? I'm sure security took whatever legal measures they could, but there's nothing keeping him from returning.

"we want to be sure we will be safe at Disneyland"
                              While I understand this was a disgusting experience, suggesting that it makes you less 'safe' is naive. Don't you suppose at any one time there may be at least one, perhaps dozens, of people who go to the park for unsavory reasons? You make sure you are 'safe' by being responsible parents, the same as you would anywhere else.

I'm not trying to be harsh, and I know this sort of thing should never happen anywhere, but we need to be realistic, too.
                              You have to be on your toes, even at the "Happiest Place on Earth".
                              There's no moral zapper that transforms ppl into the best citizens on Earth once you walk thorough those Disney gates (one would wish, but just isn't the case).
                              I'm not sticking up for this guy
                              but are you sure he didn't have a physical or mental disability? Sometimes what you think someone is doing, there MAY be physical (or mental) handicap and there motions/gestures/verbal maybe misinterpreted. I only bring this up b/c it seems odd that the person would continue even with security there.

If this person really was being lewd, sorry your children had to see this. It's a shame that ppl can ruin an wonderful experience at a place like Disneyland. Some ppl just don't realize how their action affect others.
                              Quote by Al:
                              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                              -Al Lutz

Comment

• OldSchoolMickey
                                MiceChatter
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vfire View Post
                                Are you serious? Which hotels? I think we'd all like to avoid them.

At least three of them were listed in the OC Register and the LA Times in the past. As I recall, one of them was close enough that guests of the Park can (and do) stay there.

Comment

• OldSchoolMickey
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post

That's a good reminder to folks.

Yes, the reality is that FantasyLand is just a special land inside the Park...

Comment

• GummiBears_Rock
                                    Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC
                                    • Oct 2009

was that guy really just that stupid??
                                    cause only a really stupid perverted guy would do something like that.

and now i'm slightly scared to go to Disneyland.
                                    cause i figured my parents would get tired and just let me and my brother go do what we want
                                    but now i'm not sure if i wanna do that.
                                    which kinda sucks cause my mom wants me to grow up
                                    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                                    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                                    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

• OldSchoolMickey
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post

And it is a proven fact that most of them will...

Comment

• Tom Slick
                                        Disney Pure-ist
                                        • Aug 2009

Bottom line, you did the right thing by reporting it to castmembers/officials....BUT the biggest advice I can give is to, be an outstanding parent for the day and keep an eye on your children at all times! Along with that, be alert, Alert, ALERT! of your surroundings. Far too many times I see parents just let go of the reigns, in the sense that once the family passes under the berm and into the Park, anything goes. Kid's are allowed to go every which way and run amuck, and all parental skills seem to have been left out at the gates. Contrary to what some parents may think...Disneyland is not a mass daycare.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X