Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Costumes at Disneyland on Halloween?

Hi!
    This is my first post on MiceChat, but I get all my Disneyland info from this website so I'm not completely new Keep up the good work guys!

My question is about whether or not people are allowed to wear costumes on Halloween day at Disneyland? I know usually they only let the little kids wear their costumes, but I wasn't sure if there was a special exception for Halloween. My friend is going on Saturday and wants to know if she can wear her costume. Mind you her costume isn't crazy or inapproprate; she's going to be a pirate, but she's using clothes she already has for her costume.

I told her I'd find out for her, but I couldn't find a definite answer on the regular Disneyland website. So my next thought was to you guys on MiceChat.

If you'd be so kind as to answer my question I would really really appreciate it and so would my friend!

Thanks at least for your time!

Peace
    Love,
    Eeyore
    Peace Love Eeyore
    ):lol:

Re: Costumes at Disneyland on Halloween?

I could be wrong, but I don't think people over the age of 12 can dress up in costume at Disneyland on Halloween. If your friend has a ticket for Mickey's Trick or Treat Party then she certainly can dress up.

Oh, and welcome to Mice Chat!

Comment

Thanks!
      That's what I thought, about the age limit, but I wasn't sure if they made exceptions for Halloween day.

I'll let her know and tell her she should at least bring a back up outfit just in case lol!

Thank you!
      Peace Love Eeyore

Comment

No costumes in Disneyland park (except for kids). Sorry! But I have seen hordes of "candy ravers" there before, and if they can get away with it, I can't imagine why a very subtle pirate wouldn't. If the props are hidden until she's in the park she might get away with it. However, fair warning that she will probably get a lot of attention that day. Many people could follow her around and mistake her for a character or part of a show. Hope they have fun!

Comment

The above posts are correct, sadly. No costumes in the park on Halloween for those of us who are above the age of 12.

Comment

Oh! This is completely off topic, but I love your avatar CinderellaStory! Kingdom Hearts is my favorite video game ever!!! Thanks for your imput!!
            Peace Love Eeyore

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
              The above posts are correct, sadly. No costumes in the park on Halloween for those of us who are above the age of 12.
              Okie doke, thanks for the info! I'll let my friend know!
              Peace Love Eeyore

Comment

i thought the costume age was 9 years old
                cause isn't that the limit to buy a child's ticket?

i remember being 11 or 12 and my parents told me to pretend i was nine so i can get a child's ticket
                Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

I don't know I was always to tall to get away with that type of thing lol!
                  Peace Love Eeyore

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                    The only time an adult can wear a costume is at the Mickey Trick or Treat Party (in DCA). Better have extra clothing b/c they won't let you wear your Mickey Party outfit over in D-land.

But yes, everyone else is correct. Only kids can wear them.
                    I know there is a whole nother post about this and some really good info was given on it.
                    If you search mice chat, you can find that thread (and many others on this topic).
                    Question Costumes at Disneyland - MiceChat

Question Will they allow me in with this costume to the dca party ...

Courtesty of Dan-Tasmic! (from one of the above threads) ........

Costume Information

All event attendees — including adults — may dress in their favorite Halloween costume and must follow these and other guidelines as determined solely by Disney:
                    • Costumes should be child-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive or violent.
                    • Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision and eyes must be visible at all times.
                    • Guests who dress like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
                    • Costumes should not drag on the ground.
                    • Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
                    • Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
                    • Guests of all ages may only wear costumes to the DisneylandGuests ages 9 and younger.
                    Quote by Al:
                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                    -Al Lutz

Comment

Thank you DLFreak71!!!

I'll definitly show her your post so she can see the official rules!!!

Thank You All! MiceChatters are the greatest!
                      Peace Love Eeyore

Comment

When I was at DCA last Saturday night I saw a guy and girl dressed as Super Mario Bros characters in line for Screamin' none of the CM's seem to have told them anything.

Comment

ok so that 9 years or younger is right?
                          i thought they changed the age thing or something
                          Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                          You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                          Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
                            I don't know where the person got the rules.
                            I just pasted them from another post.
                            I'm sure Disneyland.com has the rules posted somewhere.
                            Quote by Al:
                            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                            -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
                              alright
                              directly from Disneyland.com website.......

General Guidelines
                              Only Guests ages 9 and under may wear costumes into the Theme Parks of the
                              • Masks or makeup that might be construed as a mask
                              • Weapons or accessories that resemble an actual weapon
                              • Costumes that drag on the ground
                              • Sharp or pointed objects that may accidentally strike another Guest

In addition to the guidelines above, the age restriction is raised to include Guests ages 12 and under. Also, Guests dressed as Disney Characters are advised to not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.

Special Event Guidelines
                              All of the above guidelines apply to special events, with these exceptions:
                              • Guests of any age may wear costumes.
                              • Guests may wear masks, but these must not obstruct vision and the Guest's eyes must be visible at all times.

This information is subject to change without notice.

Disneyland Park and Disney's California Adventure Park | Theme Park Frequently Asked Questions
                              Quote by Al:
                              -Al Lutz

Comment

I don't see why they care as long as you don't have a mask, my friend has a Yoda Backpack...I could argue that he looks like Luke from The Empire Strikers back. If you have nothing on your face I don't see why no costumes.
                                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

yeah a few friends of mine and i went to disneyland a few years ago on halloween. despite that fact that our costumes weren't really costumes we were denied entrance to the park (one was mr. rogers, one was a care bear, one was a goth girl, and one was a farm girl). i completely understand why that rule exists but it still sucked. we probably should have researched it before we decided to go... i had to go into the disney store and buy a completely new outfit.

after we entered the park, it was obvious that people had merely hidden their costumes in bags and changed later. no CMs seemed to mind. you could try to bring the costume with you and if a CM tells you to take it off, just change. Just remember to bring a change of clothes. i'm not promoting breaking the rules, but like the ID checking policy...try at your own risk
                                  :squeeze: Someday my prince will come...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X