This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] 23 Questions With Disneyland Senior Show Director Denny Newell

Here's an interesting, and fairly candid, interview with Denny Newell. Denny is a Senior Disneyland Show Director, who has worked in entertainment at the park for 24 years. He is currently director for Celebrate! A Street Party, Disney's Electrical Parade, A Christmas Fantasy Parade, Drawn to the Magic and Pixie Hollow. Denny recently sat down with Jeffrey Epstein, of D23, to answer "23 Questions."

Denny Newell with Julie Andrews

I know a few people who have worked with Denny over the years, and while I personally can't stand the Celebrate! A Street Party parade, I do admire the bulk of his work.

Here are three of the questions asked to Denny:

You started by working on Christmas Fantasy and you are working on it right now as director. How as it evolved over the past 24 years?
    Fantasy on Parade and the Very Merry Christmas Parade and then in the mid-'90s we started running five days a week and got a little smaller and became A Christmas Fantasy ParadeWhat have some of the biggest changes been in the shows and parades over the years?
    I think technology has played a big part in the parades and shows. We're always trying to push the envelope of what guests are going to see. We added stilt-walkers for the Party Gras parade, and now we have both boys and girls and the jumping stilts in the Pixar Play Parade. The Parade of Dreams obviously had a lot of technological innovations with the bungee performers in the Pinocchio unit and the web workers in the Lion King unit. We're always looking for the new angle and the new way to present classic Disney stories.

You're directing the stage show that's a part of D23's Candlelight Spectacular. What can you tell us about it?
    I can tell you that we are bringing back a classic favorite that I got to direct when we first did it in the park, Minnie's Christmas Partyhere to read about D23's Candlelight Spectacular!]
    You can find the full article from D23 here: D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X