This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Moving to the "dead center" in HM

Why do we need to move away from the walls?

Re: Moving to the "dead center" in HM

So you can see what's going on above you. I figure since there's a little overhang if you're against the wall, your view will be a little obstructed of the ceiling and stretching pictures on the wall above you.

Comment

to better see all the Stretching Paintings.
      sigpic

Comment

It's not just about show; there's also a safety aspect. If no one is crowding the walls, then no one will be leaning up against the door as it opens and fall through.
        Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Originally posted by Karalora View Post
          It's not just about show; there's also a safety aspect. If no one is crowding the walls, then no one will be leaning up against the door as it opens and fall through.
          That and if everyone is in the center then there is more of a balance of the weight
          Is this haunted signature
          actually
          stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
          Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
          also known as...
          Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

If you're against the walls, you won't see jack/Jack.

Comment

Plus, it is a good gag!
              sigpic
              Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Because the room stretches!! As the walls stretch someone might get caught in a crack and severely injured, or worse yet they mgiht get crushed if the room were to go back up! Wouldn't want that! =D

Comment

All of these are valid reasons I think, but I think the main one is seeing the stretching paintings, one of the highlights of the experience. I'm not sure someone could get caught and crushed (to the guy above me) by the way.
                  https://twitter.com/ajcurry_

Comment

I think its also because the cast member needs to be able to get to the other side of the room in order to get to the other door. Some CMs can be pretty anal about it, especially at WDW.
                    DisneyTwins
                    Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                      I think its also because the cast member needs to be able to get to the other side of the room in order to get to the other door. Some CMs can be pretty anal about it, especially at WDW.
                      I believe this is the reason also.
                      Same request is done on TOT.
                      Allows the CM to move around, and I think it also allows space for those who are in a wheelchair.

And yeah,
                      you won't get crushed if it goes back up.
                      If that was true, then the CM would get crushed when it resets it self (if you also notice, the HM CM leans against the wall on the way down).

Not sure about the door opening reason, but it can't hurt to keep those away.
                      Quote by Al:
                      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                      -Al Lutz

Comment

These days I always rush to whatever side the elevator door is.

Comment

You move to the center so that the skeleton that drops will fall on you.
                          sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
                          Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

because the ghosts need room against the walls to stand with ya!

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
                              Because the room stretches!! As the walls stretch someone might get caught in a crack and severely injured, or worse yet they mgiht get crushed if the room were to go back up! Wouldn't want that! =D
                              You're so funny! )

Comment

I read that the elevator isn't designed to go back up with a full load. It can drop but it has to be empty to go back up again. So, that can't be it.
                                Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                                Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                                  I read that the elevator isn't designed to go back up with a full load. It can drop but it has to be empty to go back up again. So, that can't be it.
                                  Uhh... then how do handicapped people and their parties get back up to the top? Pixie Dust?

Comment

The walls that guests would lean on do not move from the floor, but the floor carries those walls down with it, so no.
                                    Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                                    Uhh... then how do handicapped people and their parties get back up to the top? Pixie Dust?
                                    Because it's two people, not a full load. :wave:

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post

I don't know. I can't say that I've ever seen anyone going back to the elevator to go up. Must be "Disney Magic"
                                      Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                                      Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                                        I don't know. I can't say that I've ever seen anyone going back to the elevator to go up. Must be "Disney Magic"
                                        It's different to go back up, but kinda fun (it's also fun to come down the stair case -- ie: back around from the exit point)
                                        I've heard if your alone it's kinda creepy (you'd have to ask a HM CM if that's true)
                                        Quote by Al:
                                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                        -Al Lutz

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X