• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News "Tiana's Showboat Jubilee!" comes to Disneyland November 6 - January 3

Disney’s Newest Royalty, Princess Tiana
    Arrives in Disneyland Friday, November 6

‘Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee!’ Performs at Disneyland through Jan. 3, 2010
    ANAHEIM, Calif. (October 2009) – Starting Friday, Nov. 6, Disneyland guests will be treated to appearances by Princess Tiana, star of the upcoming Walt Disney Pictures animated feature film “The Princess and the Frog.”

Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and other characters from the motion picture will star in “Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee!,” a rousing, colorful procession with a jazz-filled Mardi Gras theme. The good times will roll as festively dressed, bead-tossing revelers lead Disneyland guests to the Mark Twain Riverboat dock. The party moves onboard as the Mark Twain paddlewheels its way along the river to singing, dancing and all that jazz.

Songs composed by Randy Newman for the film energize the show, which will be performed four times daily in New Orleans Square. Daytime pyrotechnics, colorful streamers and whimsical puppetry round out the 15-minute spirited production.

The experience will dazzle guests at Disneyland through Jan. 3, 2010. “Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee!” is also performing in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World Resort, Florida, through Jan. 3, 2010.

Guests also will be able to greet Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen at designated times at the Court of Angels in New Orleans Square, Disneyland.

A hilarious movie adventure through the mystical bayous of Louisiana, “The Princess and the Frog” will open in limited release in New York and Los Angeles on Nov. 25, 2009, before expanding nationwide on Dec. 11, 2009.

Beginning Nov. 6, little princesses can enjoy a new Princess Tiana makeover in Disneyland at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Fantasyland. Fairy Godmothers sprinkle their pixie dust on aspiring princesses with three makeover packages including a combination of hair, nails and makeup. The royal transformation becomes complete with a package that includes the Princess Tiana costume, shoes, crown and more. Children must be at least three years or older to receive the regal treatments.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Fantasyland is open 10 a.m.-7 p.m. daily; theme park admission is required. Reservations may be made by calling 714/781-STYLE or 714/781-7895.

www.disneylandnews.com/press+releases/princess-tiana-disneyland.htm

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: "Tiana's Showboat Jubilee!" comes to Disneyland November 6 - January 3

i'm excited for the show
    but i'm kinda bummed that the prince in the picture
    isn't nearly as cute as the one in the movie
    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

I would like to meet them but one question? Where is this Court of Angels in New Orleans Square at?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
        I would like to meet them but one question? Where is this Court of Angels in New Orleans Square at?
        It's that little courtyard with the staircase off Royal Street. Right next to "Le Bat en Rouge".

Comment

Aww ok I though that is where it was but wasn't to sure. I guess I never hear the name before.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
            Aww ok I though that is where it was but wasn't to sure. I guess I never hear the name before.
            It's not well advertised, just a little sign on the wall that says "Court de Anges".

Comment

I really can't wait for this.

Comment

The "daytime pyrotechnics" have me intrigued.
                I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

Originally posted by goofypirate View Post
                  Meh, I wouldn't hold my breath. Daytime pyro is usually very unexciting. Walt Disney World is addicted to them, they use it at the end of almost all their daytime shows. I guess it's helpful for the audience to know when Stitch's Sonic Celebration is over and to give the customary applause, but otherwise it's practically useless.

Just like confetti is useless and unnecessary, but pyro is usually less difficult to clean up afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by goofypirate View Post
                    I hope it's not those little snake things.

Comment

I like the confetti! =) And really nothing is "necessary" a good queue isn't necessary, theming isn't necessary, not even Disneyland is necessary.

Comment

It should be a cute show.

As for the movie release, i am surprised they will have a limited release 2 1/2 weeks before the nationwide release. i have always thought limited releases like that so far ahead sometimes confuses people on when the movie is released.

Comment

I think the Prince is adorable. But yeah I would love a fuller, stronger, buffer, more muscled Prince playing the male lead.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X