This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] First Timer Indy Question

I know Indy and Dinosaur (at WDW-AK) share the same track and Indy is considered a much better ride....but how do they compare as far as intensity?

I am a little skittish regarding thrill rides, but do enjoy dinosaur. Trying to decide whether to ride.

Thanks

Re: First Timer Indy Question

definitely go on it
    but if you're skittish
    then i suggest staying away from the right side of the jeep car thing
    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

^Agreed. But let's not tell them why. More fun that way
      https://twitter.com/ajcurry_

Comment

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
        definitely go on it
        but if you're skittish
        then i suggest staying away from the right side of the jeep car thing
        Or the left side. (Try to get the middle.)

But definitely go! It's awesome.

Comment

Dinosaur is way more INTENSE. I think both rides are equally awesome, but Dinosaur is better with the actual AAs and setting yet Indy has a better queue and .... it's Indy! He's just awesome!

one hundred and one

Comment

As far as physical thrills go, they should be virtually identical. They share the exact same track layout, and I think the motion programs they use are quite similar. It's really just the scenery that makes Indy a completely different (and, in many guests' opinions, better) ride. I haven't been on Dinosaur, though, so I can't be 100% certain yet.

Comment

Originally posted by flotsam_mike View Post
              I know Indy and Dinosaur (at WDW-AK) share the same track and Indy is considered a much better ride....but how do they compare as far as intensity?

I am a little skittish regarding thrill rides, but do enjoy dinosaur. Trying to decide whether to ride.

Thanks
              Dino at WDW is tamer...I think

Indy def tosses you a little bit more.
              If you don't like thrill because of dips or fast speeds,
              Indy doesn't have dips (per se) or high speeds (per se)
              Quote by Al:
              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
              -Al Lutz

Comment

My sisters love Indy, but when I took them to WDW for the first time this past summer, they hated Dinosaur, finding it far too intense. Maybe they're just used to Indy and Dinosaur came as a surprise, but they appreciated how Indy doesn't rely on stuff popping out at you out of the darkness, where Dinosaur does.

Comment

Many Thanks....

Decision: I'm riding.

Comment

I've been on both and think Indy is more intense and also a better themed attraction.
                    Please wait while we imagineer a new signature!

Comment

best thrill ride in Disneyland, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
                        best thrill ride in Disneyland, imo.
                        same here
                        i also love the queue before the ride
                        it definitely gets you in the mood before you ride it
                        and once i see the jeeps
                        i get really really really excited!
                        Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                        You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                        Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                          They share the exact same track layout
                          I don't think that's true. I haven't been on Dinosaur, but recently this topic was brought up here and someone posted this picture comparing the two's track layouts. They are incredibly similar, but not quite identical.

*I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
                          *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
                          *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

i've been on both and would have to go with Dinosaur is VERY MUCH more intense. the AAs are actually scarier and has more scary moments. the only "scare" moment on indy is the "thing on the right of the jeep" (which you all know what i'm talking about, and isn't even very scary for me).
                            -plagued

Comment

Many Thanks....

Have fun! =D

Comment

Originally posted by oo_nrb View Post
                                I don't think that's true. I haven't been on Dinosaur, but recently this topic was brought up here and someone posted this picture comparing the two's track layouts. They are incredibly similar, but not quite identical.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Tim/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]
                                Not identical?

Considering those plans ARE Indy (chamber of destiny walls, snake pillars at the bridge, sunken area for "lava" pit, ect...) which someone has just overlaid with labels of the Dino ride, I'd say that pretty much confirms the opposite =)

Having ridden both, I'd say Indy is leaps ahead. It has a much better presented show and a FAR more conherent series of events within the actual ride time.

Almost the entire length of Dinosaur is the equivalent of Indy's "stalling room", meaning the ride may as well be a stationary simulator for that time as there is no visible evidence of travel, direction or speed

Intensity seems roughly the same, although with the deep darkness of Dinosaur removing the ability to prepare or brace for shocks, it would probably come off as feeling a little more brutal to those who haven't memorised the track layout already

Comment

Many Thanks....

Good choice
                                  Have a great time! It really is a spectacular ride!
                                  "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

Comment

I would think that if you can watch the Indiana Jones movies with no problem, you should enjoy the ride. Another option is to get the 'driver's' seat. It gives you something to think about and do with your hands! I love the ride!
                                    sigpic
                                    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Originally posted by Unimagineer View Post
                                      Not identical?

Considering those plans ARE Indy (chamber of destiny walls, snake pillars at the bridge, sunken area for "lava" pit, ect...) which someone has just overlaid with labels of the Dino ride, I'd say that pretty much confirms the opposite =)
                                      It's not just the labels overlaid, though - the original author also drew some track changes on it. I highlighted where the IJA track differs from the Dinosaur track so maybe it's a bit more clear; the left highlight is when the jeep goes down and behind Mara, the right one is the first left-turn inside the cavern to the skeleton area.

*I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
                                      *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
                                      *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X