This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Halloween at Disneyland Beware!

It seems from what this Doctor is saying, in this report, is that there is a chance some parents will be taking their sick children to DL today/tonight for Halloween. Everyone beware this kind of Halloween monster (the parental kind, I mean)!

Halloween could pose H1N1 threat | Video | abc7.com

Last edited by Mad Madame Momba; 11-01-2009, 09:02 AM.

Re: Halloween at Disneyland Beware!

rly and i heard kids were staying home so they wudnt catch sickness.... weird?
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

several people brought there sick kids into work recently to see the decorations...not a great idea, but they do it.

Comment

I pose this thought... if you just spent 1000's of dollars and had been planning a Disney trip forever, would you let something like sickness get in the way? . I wouldnt... but I have seen it happen. I was having a birthday celebration at Goofy's kitchen for my friends daughter who was 5 at the time. We were trying to get pictures of pluto. Pluto is hugging ang talking to this one little girl a family up from us, who has a bandaid on her face, with what happened paws. Her parents go "oh its her booboo." The next second she shouts out "Ive got ringworm!" after the fact she has rubbed her face all into Pluto. Pluto had to leave after that, but how disappointing.
        "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." :ghug:

The Beatles

Comment

Going to Disneyland always poses a risk of illness. It is packed with tons of people, often crowded into small spaces. You touch countless things throughout the day that other people have touched. It takes about 7 to 10 days for swine flu symptoms to appear once you have contracted it, so many people, both adults and children, could be walking around with it without even knowing.

Comment

Wish I was there!!!!
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

This is really just like any other day at Disneyland. Anyone can have swine flu at Disneyland every time you go, but that really doesn't stop you from going does it? The entire month of October, people have been flooding Disneyland and DCA, i really just see this whole scenario as another day, another night at Disneyland. Just bring hand sanitizer and don't touch your face often.
              Fighting just to survive but you taught me I can.

Comment

Originally posted by karebear286 View Post
                I pose this thought... if you just spent 1000's of dollars and had been planning a Disney trip forever, would you let something like sickness get in the way? . I wouldnt... but I have seen it happen. I was having a birthday celebration at Goofy's kitchen for my friends daughter who was 5 at the time. We were trying to get pictures of pluto. Pluto is hugging ang talking to this one little girl a family up from us, who has a bandaid on her face, with what happened paws. Her parents go "oh its her booboo." The next second she shouts out "Ive got ringworm!" after the fact she has rubbed her face all into Pluto. Pluto had to leave after that, but how disappointing.
                i dont blame the kid but the parents i mean come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they shud tell the kid they have to be careful intead of rubbing there germs on a character!!!!! or they just shudnt have let the kid go near him!!!! just get a pic and get out! not infect a castmember!
                So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

One of the greatest things about kids....they are honest! That's too bad she possibly spread her germs to others including the cast member. I would also blame the parents. I'm sure they tried to prep their kid to say oh it's just my boo-boo. Kids say the truth especially at a young age. My opinion they shouldn't be exposing their kid with that type of illness to the public that is how it spreads. That's why doctors will tell you to stay home if you have swine flu because that is how it quickly spreads. Now it is true it takes 7 to 10 days before you really know you have contracted it. But if you already know you have it or any other serious illness and you go out in public unneccessarily then that's just wrong and selfish on that person's part.
                  sigpic

Comment

agreed ^^^

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

The most important thing to understand about this situation: The idea that H1N1 is this 'killer' strain of flu is just hype that the media have fed on. H1N1 or 'Swine Flu' is a bit nastier than most of the other strains of influenza that have been seen in the last decade or two, but it is really no worse for most people that do not have compromised or otherwise weak immune systems.

Parents of babies or toddlers, and the elderly, should definitely be very cautious, but most other people can get just as sick from most other strains of flu, and people are more likely to catch other strains, since there has been so much effort spent to quarantine people that do or may have H1N1. A considerably greater number of people have contracted strains of the flu other than H1N1, within the last year.

That all being said, I think that this is a better time than any to carry a bottle of hand sanitizer and/or anti-bacterial wipes with you, if you're going to a public place. Extra helpings of vitamin C are a great idea, too. That goes double for those small kids and elderly people. Oh, and forget wearing one of those dust masks. First, unless you get a surgical quality mask, they do nothing to block germs. Second, they are designed to prevent the wearer from breathing germs onto others, and will not help you keep from catching a virus if you are wearing one.

One more thing... Please, parents, keep an eye on your kids when in public places and don't let them get away with gross stuff! I've seen way too many examples of kids picking their noses (or other orifices) and then wiping it on hand-rails, kids putting their mouths all over fixtures that shouldn't been in anybodies' mouth, etc. And, for god's sake, don't bring sick kids to the parks or go to the parks if you are sick! It's one thing if someone has hay-fever, but a really runny nose, deep coughing, and especially any sign of a fever, are definitely signs that you should stay home if at all possible! Besides being abundant germ spreaders, if a kid is sick they are going to be extra whiney and cranky, which will prevent your family, and probably others, from really enjoying their time at the park.

If you've planned your trip to a Disney park in advance, and you or your kid becomes sick, I sympathize with your inconvenience, but you should still stay home. Don't make you're problems into other people's problems.
                      Last edited by BiggestDisneyFan; 10-31-2009, 09:06 PM.
                      Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

I remeber just recently I was in DCA and while we were in line for screamin and a cast member told us to move to the right. Turns out someone had thrown up in the queue and they had to stop the ride to clean it up. We saw the exact same thing by GRR. If u or ur kids r sick don't bring them to the park!

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

Pluto is hugging ang talking to this one little girl a family up from us...

Uh, Pluto doesn't talk
                          I want you to know, nobody cares more about your stupid problems than I do!

Comment

Originally posted by MrToadOfToadHall View Post
                            Uh, Pluto doesn't talk
                            He spoke to me once. he sounded like a girl

Comment

Uh, Pluto doesn't talk
                              Originally posted by Bexington View Post
                              He spoke to me once. he sounded like a girl

This is what Pluto thinks of children coming to DL with the Swine Flu.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq07fejwOXY"]YouTube - Pluto Chases Kid (Original and BENNY HILL Remix) FUNNY[/ame]

Comment

haha lolz! i love that vid!!!

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

OT- but my orchestra conducter told the class h took the orchestra to play at disneyland and a kid went up and punched either pluto or goofy..... so maybe pluto isnt very loved anymore

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

Uh, Pluto doesn't talk
                                    Pantomining then... I figure everyone would get he is interacting with her...
                                    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." :ghug:

The Beatles

Comment

Hate to say it but the Parks were dead on Halloween Night. I think all the articles, H1N1 scares, and traffic reports scared everyone away! It was easy to get off the freeway, the parking structure was empty (even though they sent us to the roof), and DCA was easy to get on rides! No wait lines!

Comment

Originally posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
                                        I remeber just recently I was in DCA and while we were in line for screamin and a cast member told us to move to the right. Turns out someone had thrown up in the queue and they had to stop the ride to clean it up. We saw the exact same thing by GRR. If u or ur kids r sick don't bring them to the park!

I once saw them doing a lot of cleaning in one of the swinging cars on Mickey's Fun Wheel. You have to wonder in DCA if it's not the flu but the stuff in the green cups that gets people vomiting. It can't be good mixing alcohol and some of those rides.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X