Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Something being built backstage...

Something new is being built backstage behind the first Pirates show building. It's not a ride - too small, terrible location, and we'd know about it anyway. But it's definitely something. You can see it from the railroad if you ride from Main Street to New Orleans Square. Just look inward toward the park, and shortly before the tunnel into NOS, you'll see a green construction fence with a work in progress behind it. Lots of steel. It's going to be a multi-story structure in what's currently a kitchen service area, I believe.

I'll post some photos of it as soon as I can, but I was curious if anyone knew what this was, since I hadn't heard about it until I saw it in person. It's kinda cool...except when it's done, it'll completely block views of the backstage exterior of the Indiana Jones queue and part of the first Pirates show building. Not something most members here would care about, which is fine, but I was just curious. I figure there have to be a few more that are as crazy as me!

EDIT: Here are the pictures at last. Also, for those who are puzzled about the location I'm talking about, it's right here. That's from before they started building the structure in question, though.

Last edited by Datameister; 11-01-2009, 06:26 PM.

Re: Something being built backstage...

I'll ask hubby.....

Comment

I believe it is part of the New Orleans Main Kitchen expansion. Can't tell you its exact purpose, though.

Comment

Yeah, we figured it must have something to do with the kitchens. If anyone happens to have any more specific (or definite) information, though, it'd be awesome!

Comment

So, all those 99cent tomatoes are financing a bigger kitchen?

Comment

I believe the new structure is called the DataPhotoBlocker.

Comment

Multi-story? Finally, they are building the support structure to add the loop into Pirates!

)

Comment

i wonder if this has anything to do with a large prop (a tarot card reader thing) i saw CMs lugging through NOS during the 10.30pm showing of Fantasmic!... ?
                -plagued

Comment

Originally posted by plagued View Post
                  i wonder if this has anything to do with a large prop (a tarot card reader thing) i saw CMs lugging through NOS during the 10.30pm showing of Fantasmic!... ?
                  I believe those are for the new Princess and the Frog show.

Comment

Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
                    I believe those are for the new Princess and the Frog show.
                    ah, that makes so much sense! it was bugging me what it could possibly be for, thank you!
                    -plagued

Comment

Westside dinner has been closed. My guess, is the same as others. Kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                        I believe the new structure is called the DataPhotoBlocker.
                        ) The trees were bad enough...now this?! (In all seriousness, this sort of thing elicits SUCH mixed feelings from me. On the one hand, I want backstage to be completely separate from the onstage experience so that the illusions aren't ruined a bit for the "average guest"...but on the other hand, I personally want to see as much as I can! )

If anyone can get photos of this thing as construction continues, that'd be awesome. I recommend holding your camera up really high so you can see more over the fence. Also, there's a less obstructed view shortly before the platform next to the tunnel, so you might want to wait until then.

I wish I could post my photos, but Adobe Bridge is making Windows go BSOD on me...after probably a decade without that particular issue, now it's interfering with a program I use all the time. Hopefully I'll have the problem resolved soon. EDIT: Dunno if the problem's been resolved, but I have posted the pics in the original post.
                        Last edited by Datameister; 11-01-2009, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Interesting... Can't wait to see what unfolds...

Comment

Pictures have been added to the original post!

Comment

Originally posted by Sosai X View Post
                              Multi-story? Finally, they are building the support structure to add the loop into Pirates!
                              )
                              Thanks for taking one for the team.

Comment

Its the all new disneyland prison for more bad guests on longer term hold (knowing me I might jump into the ROA off the top of mark twain just to see it)
                                My guess D.L.P. will have a whole new meening
                                I am Scary Scott,
                                Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                                I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                                Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                                Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                                Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                                Originally posted by Karalora
                                This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                                Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                                Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X