This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Jungle Cruise Route?

Hello to all you Disney-ride-layout-knowers out there... I needed to see a diagram of the layout of the Jungle Cruise and its relation to its surroundings, such as the Indiana Jones queue, showbuilding, Aladdin's Oasis, other backstage areas, with the inclusion of the perimeter of the park. To superimpose the layout on an aerial image with labels is probably best- but the JC route does not show on the live search maps because of the dense foliage. Thanks!

Re: Jungle Cruise Route?

On a similar note, I'd love to see a diagram of the pre-Indy JC as well, since the ride is now shortened.

Comment

I'll see what I can do...at the moment, I don't have just one single image that ties together all these pieces of information, but I think I'll be able to put something together.

In the mean time, general information: the JC route did not change very much when Indy was built. There was just a little bulge in the river that went through where the exterior queue is now. Topologically, the river is just a figure-8, though it of course has significant bulges and wiggles in reality. The first half of the indoor Indiana Jones queue is located inside a long, thin building nestled up against the first Pirates show building; a berm and LOTS of thick foliage obscure that area from being seen from the Jungle Cruise, even though they're quite close. The queue then passes beneath the berm in this area. And the main show building is clearly visible in the aerials, of course. The curve of the railroad tracks forming the park's basic boundary are harder to see, but they can be made out in that same photo.

This video I made last year also gives you a pretty good feel for the layout of the area:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXt6ZTH2ORE"]YouTube - 3D Disneyland progress[/ame]

Note that the model was even less complete when I made that video, but the general layout is quite accurate.

Comment

Thanks, Data!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X