This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] So,now that it's over...What do you think

Halloween at Disneyland was a huge success judging by the amount of people who flocked to the park this October. I think the attendance actually caught Disney off guard too. but why??? it wasn't really that different was it? I know they had the Ghost Galaxy and a new fireworks show but HM is the same as always. Is that all it takes to get the park to hit capacity. Is halloween gaining in popularity in general...I kind of don't get it Any thoughts?
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Re: So,now that it's over...What do you think

I think the reason for so many people to flock to Disneyland is because there are over 850,000 annual passholders according to AL. I think the new fireworks is also the cause for more people to come to Disneyland.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

It was great, i would love to see more rides get overlays and some improvements to ghost galaxy but it was great!!!
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by asianbma View Post
        I think the reason for so many people to flock to Disneyland is because there are over 850,000 annual passholders according to AL. I think the new fireworks is also the cause for more people to come to Disneyland.
        If 850K AP's was the only reason, Disney management would have been better able to anticipate the rush. I think they were suprised by the floods. Also, the parks were busy on some nights when AP's were blocked.

Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

The parks are only becoming more and more crowded because everyone has AP's now..Everyone's taken advantage of the monthly payments.

Comment

You had two great additions to the park that were only going to be available for a limited time (GG and the Fireworks) - of course you can expect it to be busy if they were well received... and they were and applauded greatly.

What makes you think Disney was off-guard about this? Hitting capacity isn't due to mistakes, it's due to volume. It's not like they didn't open parts of the park.

Any discussion would be around the hard ticket events I suppose... if they had enough to meet demand.
            Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
            Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
            Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

I enjoyed all the holloweeness. My only issue is I think GG should stay open longer, a month seems ridiculously short for an overlay. And especially since it's not a 'trick or treat, pumpkins, etc' kind of a ride but just more scary. I say either september-october or october-november would be better.
              Last album uploads: pictures from the Alice in Wonderland exhibit, more still to be added
              2nd Club 33 visit- Febuary '10! Yay for my sister's birthday.
              Next Disneyland visit: ???
              My knicks and knacks and fancy dresses:
              http://questionablekristina.deviantart.com/

Comment

I thought this years halloween event was done very well. The addition of GG and the new fireworks made the whole experience open to a greater audience of the family and provided a nice forum for everyone to enjoy. I know people who made the trip three times last month from a far (2hour drive) just to enjoy the new stuff before it ended.

This years fireworks were very entertaining (far better than the summer promo) and I enjoyed the GG overlay. Spicing current attractions up every once in a while is a nice change for the halloween season.

Looking forward to seeing RDCT show soon but for now thats it.

Comment

I really enjoyed the Halloween overlay. Being my first time going during the Halloween season, I had a great time. The main reason in going was GG actually, fireworks were great, but not my main reason in going. I thought GG was great (some projections could have been done better, hoping for some improvements for next year), but I agree that it should stay at the park a little longer.

I dont think GG would go well when Christmas-time is going on, so maybe open GG in September and run it through late October.

I would have liked to seen more villians and halloween music throughout the park, not just pumpkins and orange banners in the front.

I'm looking forward towards my Christmas break trip to DL, but I really did enjoy the Halloween overlay, mostly for GG.

Comment

As flynn said, to very well executed, limited time attractions were added for Halloween this year. SM:GG was an amazing hit, keeping that rides lines at well over an hour consistently for the entire Halloween season. The fireworks were also packed night after night and drew huge crowds to the F! areas just to watch the fireworks.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I think Halloweentime this year was amazing. The fireworks show (in my own opinion) was one of the best they've ever had! Ghost Galaxy was also a really neat and fun addition to it all. Overall, I think they did really well this year and all the hype about it made people want to go check it out for themselves.

Comment

Loved it! The second after the fireworks ended last night I got super sad... Can't wait for next year.

Comment

Halloween Time was fantastic!

Next year I'd love to see:

Splash Mountain gets a holiday makeover

Sharks with Lasers in the RoA

Comment

We got a lot of great feedback here:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...nd-resort.html

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                              If 850K AP's was the only reason, Disney management would have been better able to anticipate the rush. I think they were suprised by the floods. Also, the parks were busy on some nights when AP's were blocked.
                              Not all APs are blocked.
                              As I've said before in (butchered English), it don't cost nothing. And it's something new. That combo has predictable results.

Comment

We tried to go once on a Friday, early afternoon. We didn't get on GG, 120 minutes to wait with no fastpasses available, was too much in the 95 degree heat. We left after 2 hours, so no fireworks either. I guess I just don't have the patience for it all anymore. So we never got to enjoy the new Halloween events. So it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                                  You had two great additions to the park that were only going to be available for a limited time (GG and the Fireworks) - of course you can expect it to be busy if they were well received... and they were and applauded greatly.

What makes you think Disney was off-guard about this? Hitting capacity isn't due to mistakes, it's due to volume. It's not like they didn't open parts of the park.

Any discussion would be around the hard ticket events I suppose... if they had enough to meet demand.

I think they were caught off guard on the crowds because of two things...

1) They suddenly added Cast Member block out days for the month of October (all Fridays)

2) They were calling castmembers a few days before certain shifts and informing them that they could expect to be held over. Soon it became routine, to expect to be held over. Usually, this is a kind of quiet time where CM's don't get a lot of hours, but there was a lot of OT being used. (They hate OT - its too costly)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X