Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Type Of Attrection Would Best Replace HISTA?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What Type Of Attrection Would Best Replace HISTA?

What type of attraction do you think would be the most fun/popular replacement for the tired old HISTA? If you have ideas of your own, I would like to hear them. In the meantime, feel free to answer my poll.
    Another 4-D Attraction Using Real Actors
    8.33%
    An Animated 4-D Attraction
    5.56%
    A 4-D Attraction blending both real and actors and animated characters
    8.33%
    An dramatic animatronic based show
    8.33%
    A humorous musical animatronic show (think space creature/robot band done Tiki Bird style)
    16.67%
    A dramatic musical animatronic show (think modern Captain EO-esque)
    11.11%
    Futuristic belly dancing show featuring exotic girls from throughout the universe
    11.11%
    Futuristic Chippendales style dancing show featuring exotic guys from throughout the universe
    13.89%
    Turn the place into a combination fitness center, tanning salon and smoking lounge
    0.00%
    Ask me later when I'm in a better mood
    16.67%
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-01-2009, 10:38 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: What Type Of Attrection Would Best Replace HISTA?

I would want a new Toy Story Dark Ride.

I know we have Toy Story Mania, But is just full of giant TV/projection Screen. You don't actually get to see the animatronic characters.

I want the new Toy Story Dark Ride. I want it to be based in that little kid room in Toy Story movie 1 and 2. Where we take a tour of his bedroom fill with toys.

BTW, I hated Finding Nemo Submarine ride. Why? because is like I'm watching a tv screens. I want to see animatronics not tv screens. Same goes for Toy Story Mania. Even though, I like riding and playing toy story mania
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

That area is relatively small, which unfortunately makes it a poor candidate for a dark ride, if you ask me. The easiest option would clearly be to replace it with a new 3D show: just update the exterior theming slightly, put the new movie in, change the effects, and you've got a whole new attraction. But of course, 3D shows do tend to age rather quickly, especially when they're dependent on visual effects and/or trends that go out of fashion within a few years.

I'm not seeing a whole lot else that could be done with the space, at least attraction-wise. Whatever was done there, I'd be overjoyed if it were a truly futuristic adventure that jelled with a strong overall direction for Tomorrowland and maybe didn't even rely on any connections to existing franchises.

Comment

I hate inventing words, but something more Tomorrowlandishlike.

Comment

How about converting that theater into an Innoventions? Just gut the building and add some windows and skylights. The Carousel Building could then be used for an updated Carousel of Progress or variant thereof.

Personally, I'd rather see the theater gone period.
          Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
          I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

Originally posted by asianbma View Post
            I would want a new Toy Story Dark Ride.

I know we have Toy Story Mania, But is just full of giant TV/projection Screen. You don't actually get to see the animatronic characters.

I want the new Toy Story Dark Ride. I want it to be based in that little kid room in Toy Story movie 1 and 2. Where we take a tour of his bedroom fill with toys.

BTW, I hated Finding Nemo Submarine ride. Why? because is like I'm watching a tv screens. I want to see animatronics not tv screens. Same goes for Toy Story Mania. Even though, I like riding and playing toy story mania
            TV projection screens do have a way of spoiling the fantasy environment. I agree, that direct immersion is much more fun and exciting. Nevertheless, Toy Story Mania is a thrill to behold.
            Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-02-2009, 05:43 AM.

Comment

i'm not a big fan of 3D 4D 5D any D shows that involves glasses

so i say blow it up!
              Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
              You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
              Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                That area is relatively small, which unfortunately makes it a poor candidate for a dark ride, if you ask me. The easiest option would clearly be to replace it with a new 3D show: just update the exterior theming slightly, put the new movie in, change the effects, and you've got a whole new attraction. But of course, 3D shows do tend to age rather quickly, especially when they're dependent on visual effects and/or trends that go out of fashion within a few years.

I'm not seeing a whole lot else that could be done with the space, at least attraction-wise. Whatever was done there, I'd be overjoyed if it were a truly futuristic adventure that jelled with a strong overall direction for Tomorrowland and maybe didn't even rely on any connections to existing franchises.
                A new 3-D show would be most welcome here! ..even if it ages quickly. Consider of the bright side ..if it's popular and original (not dependent on existing franchises), it just might spawn a movie and be the begining of a whole new franchise! :lol:
                Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-02-2009, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
                  i'm not a big fan of 3D 4D 5D any D shows that involves glasses

so i say blow it up!
                  Honey, I Blew Up The HISTA Replacement

Originally posted by simmer View Post
                  How about converting that theater into an Innoventions? Just gut the building and add some windows and skylights. The Carousel Building could then be used for an updated Carousel of Progress or variant thereof.

Personally, I'd rather see the theater gone period.
                  Is there any difference between Innoventions and a non-attraction?

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                  I hate inventing words, but something more Tomorrowlandishlike.
                  I like this Tomorrowlandishlike idea, and think it not too outlandish of you to like suggest it.

Comment

Put in a 3-D movie version of Adventures thru Inner Space! It can feature an AA captain and his AA crew sitting among the audience, with the whole theater acting as the "Mighty Microscope Mobile," as the crowd partakes in a psychadelic, musical, comedic journey into the atomic world.

In a way, it kind of has elements of EO, Hista, and ATIS all in one attraction!

Comment

I like how we are all trying to repress the news about MILF, as if it's still not happening. JUST ACCEPT IT, GUYS.

Anyways, the best replacement for HISTA would have to be a 4D WALL-E attraction combining live actors, live-action and animation. The premise is simple: Many years after the original film, Buy N' Large is trying to re-establish itself and has invited us to tour their new factory via their moving auditorium. (the moving floor from HISTA would get reused here) In addition, we are promised a visit by Buy 'N Large's ironic new mascot, WALL-E. Our live actor tour guide welcomes us aboard, and of course things go awry and WALL-E and EVE are there to save the day.

I always thought that would be really cool, but, sigh...we get MILF...

Comment

Originally posted by goldenstate5 View Post
                        Anyways, the best replacement for HISTA would have to be a 4D WALL-E attraction combining live actors, live-action and animation. The premise is simple: Many years after the original film, Buy N' Large is trying to re-establish itself and has invited us to tour their new factory via their moving auditorium. (the moving floor from HISTA would get reused here) In addition, we are promised a visit by Buy 'N Large's ironic new mascot, WALL-E. Our live actor tour guide welcomes us aboard, and of course things go awry and WALL-E and EVE are there to save the day.
                        Kinda reminds me of Terminator 4-D. You know, except with less things blowing up :P .

Ideally, the best option would be a brand new 4-D show that actually fits the Tomorrowland theme (is 'Tomorrowlandishlike' ). But since it looks like that won't happen, I'd lobby for Mickey's Philharmagic over MILF. It fits the theme about as well but is a much better show overall (in my opinion).
                        *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
                        *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
                        *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

Originally posted by goldenstate5 View Post
                          JUST ACCEPT IT, GUYS.
                          Accept what??

Good to see you back RideWarrior! Seems like I haven't you seen you on MiceChat in a while.

Comment

Okay, I've cooked up three concepts:

Mission:MARS= Yes, a smaller Cali cousin of the Epcot attraction.
                            Cosmic Conquest=The spiritual successor of AtIS. Guests are introduced to the cyborg genius Professor Franks and his firefly-like friends, The MEMs(Multi-Engineered Microorganisms). Guests then broad the MEMoscope and experience the original attraction.After the infamous "eye" scene however, the MEMoscope is "accidentally" reversed.Guests are told they are growing instead of shrinking.This mishap is represented by three circular rooms that show the Earth, the solar system and then the universe.
                            The UFO Show with DJ 626= The classic Flying Saucers ride returns with a Stitch theme.The saucers are now more less retrofitted bumper cars.An AA Stitch in a circular "DJ booth" traverses the attraction floor with AI LPS technology.There is of course music,lights and sound effects throughout.
                            Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
                            Think of it as a third arm that magically
                            shoots bullets!

Comment

We will end up getting something that can easily be retrofitted into the existing space. And that will be the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor or something like it.

Comment

I'd rather see a new movie there. Like Captain EO but not a musical.
                                "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
                                YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
                                Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
                                (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post
                                  Put in a 3-D movie version of Adventures thru Inner Space! It can feature an AA captain and his AA crew sitting among the audience, with the whole theater acting as the "Mighty Microscope Mobile," as the crowd partakes in a psychadelic, musical, comedic journey into the atomic world.

Brilliant idea! What a treat it would be to revisite an awesome classic through a modern technological genra. Adventures thru innerspace ..space ..space ..space ..space!

Accept what??

Good to see you back RideWarrior! Seems like I haven't you seen you on MiceChat in a while.
                                  Thanks Mark Twain. I've been busy with my job.

Originally posted by Sosai X View Post
                                  We will end up getting something that can easily be retrofitted into the existing space. And that will be the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor or something like it.
                                  While I love the amazing Crush interactive show, I would rather not see another one of this type in Tomorrowland. It would turn into my "cry floor".

Originally posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
                                  Okay, I've cooked up three concepts:

Mission:MARS= Yes, a smaller Cali cousin of the Epcot attraction.
                                  Cosmic Conquest=The spiritual successor of AtIS. Guests are introduced to the cyborg genius Professor Franks and his firefly-like friends, The MEMs(Multi-Engineered Microorganisms). Guests then broad the MEMoscope and experience the original attraction.After the infamous "eye" scene however, the MEMoscope is "accidentally" reversed.Guests are told they are growing instead of shrinking.This mishap is represented by three circular rooms that show the Earth, the solar system and then the universe.
                                  The UFO Show with DJ 626= The classic Flying Saucers ride returns with a Stitch theme.The saucers are now more less retrofitted bumper cars.An AA Stitch in a circular "DJ booth" traverses the attraction floor with AI LPS technology.There is of course music,lights and sound effects throughout.
                                  All three ideas are highly creative. Espcially like the concept for a reformated Mission: Mars, and your unique Cosmic Conquest concept. Ready to board the MEMoscope and experience those Multi-Engineered Microorganisms!

Comment

Originally posted by dogtherock View Post
                                    I'd rather see a new movie there. Like Captain EO but not a musical.
                                    A dramatic non-musical film would be someting new and exciting.

Comment

This is pretty much exactly the idea I mentioned in a couple other threads, and I REALLY want to see something like this.

Comment

Think at the kind of park that Disneyland has become, a film is probably too inflexible to get the repeat business that's needed to create interest.

Don't think Chip 'n' Dale's exotic dancers would ever become boring!
                                        -Tim

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X