This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Star Tours?

I went on Star Tours this weekend and it seemed really short, I could swear that it was longer in my past visits but I could be wrong. Has anyone else notice this? or is it just me?

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

Re: Star Tours?

Are you referring to the line or the ride duration? The ride length is still the same. But the line has gotten shorter to 5 to 10 min. every time I go to Disneyland.

Also I hated that ride. I get motion sickness quick. Same goes for the simpsons the ride at USH.

I ride it when someone that is new that have never rode it before.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

Originally posted by asianbma View Post
      Are you referring to the line or the ride duration? The ride length is still the same. But the line has gotten shorter to 5 to 10 min. every time I go to Disneyland.

Also I hated that ride. I get motion sickness quick. Same goes for the simpsons the ride at USH.

I was thinking the Ride had gotten shorter .. The Line is very short

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

Comment

I LOVE Star Tours...when I was 8. I don't get motion sickness from it, but I literally have no emotion when on this ride but pure boredom.

The update will change this, but for now, Star Tours is something I'm FORCED to go on because I'm waiting for a FP to open up.

P.S. I LOVE THE SIMPSONS RIDE AT USH. the best motion simulator ride ive ever ridden (including soain and star tours)

Comment

Originally posted by d1mex View Post
          P.S. I LOVE THE SIMPSONS RIDE AT USH. the best motion simulator ride ive ever ridden (including soain and star tours)
          Gotta second this. Soarin' is a close second, though.
          *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
          *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
          *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

When do you go? Every time I've been there that line is longer and longer.... My friend dislikes that ride so we rarely go on it I admit sometimes I can get motion sickness but the best seat is FRONT ROW!!!

Comment

Yesterday I was at the park...the line was short partically walk on...and I agree with some people here..the ride itself is short I guess cause its just outdate or because Im simply bored with it...
              "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Star Tours is a great ride, one of my favorites in the park. I hadn't noticed the ride getting any shorter. And as for the ride attendance I think that even thought that it seems to have gone down it will peak up again in a big way when they roll out Star Tours 2.0, the test footage they posted online was just plain awesome (as much as I am not a fan of The Phantom Menace I cannot deny the fact that I would love to ride along in a pod race).
                "It matters not how strait the gate how charged with Punishments the scroll I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul" -- W.E. Henley

Comment

No, the ride has not gotten shorter. It is the same film and same length.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                    No, the ride has not gotten shorter. It is the same film and same length.
                    As what Mycroft16 said, it's still the same.

As for what I say, the lines are usually short nowdays(in some rare occasions, the line is longer.)When 2.0 comes, the lines will get longer again.

Timekeeper
                    sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Originally posted by d1mex View Post
                      i definitely think it's my favorite as well, but it's the only ride that i actually get a little motion sickness
                      Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                      You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                      Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Does anyone have a thought as to why the ride isn't so popular anymore? I know that lots people really just don't like it anymore. Out of all my friends I seem to be the only one that enjoys it. But the reasons for my friends all are different. Some do get motion sickness, some just think it's boring. I am neither bored of it nor do I get motion sickness, but I am shocked with the massive drop in popularity for the ride. I also tend to notice that it is mostly adults on that ride and very few small children. I noticed that the past couple of times I have gone and wonder why that is as well.
                        "I did do the nasty in the pasty" -Philip J. Fry

Comment

Pod racing!
                          -"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

Comment

Originally posted by matterhornlove31 View Post
                            Does anyone have a thought as to why the ride isn't so popular anymore?
                            It's nearly 25 years old and the technology used just isn't very impressive these days. The motion simulator is very jerky and does cause motion sickness in a lot of people. The 70mm film reels are getting old and dirty.

It's possible to simulate the experience at home with a decent HDTV, an XBOX360, and someone moving your chair left and right.

Basically, it's just not impressive anymore. Other attractions have aged better (Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean) because they still offer an experience you can't have at home.

That being said, Star Tours 2 will probably be boring and have no lines twenty years after it opens... the curse of Tommorrowland continues!

Comment

Originally posted by Usul831 View Post
                              That being said, Star Tours 2 will probably be boring and have no lines twenty years after it opens... the curse of Tommorrowland continues!
                              Or, maybe, just maybe, because of all the different combos in the ridefilms, the new effects and the smoother motion, it could be a fun hit for years to come like the original Star Tours was.

Yes, Star Tours is nowhere near in popularity as it once was, but that doesn't mean it wasn't and it surely doesn't mean the new one won't be. Plus, as SOON as Disney starts advertising that the original Star Tours is "lightspeeding away" or whatever probably starting next summer, the lines will pick up big time...

Comment

Originally posted by Usul831 View Post

I do agree with you on this. I doubt that the new star tours will offer anything too different when it comes to experience. The film may be the thing to make or break the ride. The concept remains the same: go to a world inspired by star wars, then have the seat move up, down, left, right, sideways and any other way the Imagineers could think up.
                                Hopefully the film will give it replay value and if all the rumors I was reading on MiceChat are true, there will be multiple locals to choose from (or randomly be put into) so there will be reason to ride it again (to get new locals).
                                Still, I enjoy the ride as it is now, but I do admit the ride does wear thin with the technology it is running on.
                                "I did do the nasty in the pasty" -Philip J. Fry

Comment

Most of my friends who remember Star Tours talk about the queue being their most memorable part of the ride. Hopefully that whole section of the attraction will be upgraded too. More AA's, perhaps some Jedi with real looking lightsabers, etc.

I look forward to spending two hours in line for this in 2011!

Comment

After riding it a few times, the length does seem shorter. Somewhat.

Comment

Does anyone have a thought as to why the ride isn't so popular anymore? I know that lots people really just don't like it anymore. Out of all my friends I seem to be the only one that enjoys it. But the reasons for my friends all are different. Some do get motion sickness, some just think it's boring. I am neither bored of it nor do I get motion sickness, but I am shocked with the massive drop in popularity for the ride. I also tend to notice that it is mostly adults on that ride and very few small children. I noticed that the past couple of times I have gone and wonder why that is as well.
                                      Not true, when I was there, there were some children.

Timekeeper
                                      sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                                      Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

the awnser is simple..its classic star wars its the death star run that alot of us grew up with.. its not the newer films(prequel era) its not clome wars so alot of todays fans dont like it much, since theres no yoda no clones and no(thankfuly) jarjar,its also a little to slow for todays crowds..since the push is on for clone wars andprequel era things.. thats when star tours 2.0 comes into play..it will be faster, joltier im leary of the 3d thing.. but the younger fan base will relate more to 2.0 then the classic trilogy
                                        "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X