Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking at Disneyland

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: Smoking at Disneyland

    Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
    Why not at least somewhat contribute to the discussion instead of posting nonsense?

    I just love the sense of maturity on this topic.







    This thread would be taken much more seriously if it hadn't already been covered (and beaten to death) a hundred and one times so far...

    Relax, you'll live longer!

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: Smoking at Disneyland

      I guess I learned my lessons on what's taboo on micechat and what's acceptable. for future references: no stroller talk (I dunno what this means but it has been repeated several times), no smoking issues, no talking about bad experiences at Disney.
      "I did do the nasty in the pasty" -Philip J. Fry

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: Smoking at Disneyland

        Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
        Why not at least somewhat contribute to the discussion instead of posting nonsense?

        I just love the sense of maturity on this topic.
        Why not at least somewhat contribute to the discussion instead of complaining about other posters?

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: Smoking at Disneyland

          Originally posted by sediment View Post
          Why not at least somewhat contribute to the discussion instead of complaining about other posters?
          1.Smokers; stay in the smoking areas.
          2.If anyone has (reasonable) suggestions for alternate smoking areas, take them to City Hall and try to be heard.
          3.If smoke bothers you, stay away from the smoking areas and don't give grief to the people not breaking the law or park rules.

          Did I miss anything?
          It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: Smoking at Disneyland

            Originally posted by sediment View Post
            Why not at least somewhat contribute to the discussion instead of complaining about other posters?
            I was planning on it until I saw this is an apparent "shunned" topic, so I suppose it's best not to.

            Comment


            • #26
              Re: Smoking at Disneyland

              Enclosed smoking areas for the health/safety of others would be nice.

              I think it would also be good if they had more smoking areas with better locations. I don't smoke and I dislike it when other's smoke around me, but they have every right to smoke and I can understand if they feel inconvenienced (NOT that it's any excuse not to follow the rules). The locations of the smoking areas have baffled me too.

              Hopefully in the future smoking won't be an issue anymore.

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: Smoking at Disneyland

                Originally posted by matterhornlove31 View Post
                I guess I learned my lessons on what's taboo on micechat and what's acceptable. for future references: no stroller talk (I dunno what this means but it has been repeated several times), no smoking issues, no talking about bad experiences at Disney.
                That's only about 1% of the taboo subjects!!

                Welcome, and NO DISCUSSION ALOUD!!!

                (Yes, I'm kidding. Newbies get kidded for a period of no more than six years.)

                "Strollers" debate summed up: some people with strollers don't like other people falling onto their strollered children and working their way through crowds, while non-stroller people don't like their ankles hit by strollers and working their way through stroller-filled crowds.
                That's about it.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: Smoking at Disneyland

                  Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                  Maybe 15 pages???

                  :lol:
                  I see what you did there.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: Smoking at Disneyland

                    Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
                    I was planning on it until I saw this is an apparent "shunned" topic, so I suppose it's best not to.
                    I think you should speak your mind, regardless of the "unwritten rules."

                    We'll decide if you're crazy or not. You may do the same to me, but I already know the answer.


                    SWITCH PLACES!!!

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Re: Smoking at Disneyland

                      Originally posted by CinderellaStory View Post
                      Enclosed smoking areas for the health/safety of others would be nice.
                      I'm pretty sure the smokers wouldn't like this idea. I mean, if you really have to put people in an enclosed box for the health and safety of others, maybe it should be banned completely from the parks?

                      As it stands now there is ample evidence that inhaling second hand smoke is dangerous, however there's not ample evidence that being some distance (say 50 feet) from an outdoor smoking area causes any major public health issues.

                      The threat from carbon monoxide and other gasses would be just as high at a park with BBQ grills for public use. Actually it would be worse in that situation!

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Re: Smoking at Disneyland

                        Originally posted by kristibaer View Post
                        1.Smokers; stay in the smoking areas.
                        2.If anyone has (reasonable) suggestions for alternate smoking areas, take them to City Hall and try to be heard.
                        3.If smoke bothers you, stay away from the smoking areas and don't give grief to the people not breaking the law or park rules.

                        Did I miss anything?
                        That's pretty much it.


                        Now, what?

                        I don't think any alternative smoking areas will be any "better" than the ones they have. Guests are everywhere in the park.

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Re: Smoking at Disneyland

                          Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                          IMHO, Disney made the mistake of placing the Villain's Photo Op where it was.

                          Disney has had some serious issues of where to place the East side smoking section. During the time they thought that the Submarine Voyage would have major long lines, they placed the smoking section on a narrow pathway between the Autopia entrance and the Tomorrowland Train station. That was a VERY bad location.

                          Placing the smoking section on the former Motor Boat Cruise dock, it gets the smokers out of the way and in an area that is isolated and a dead end, and that nobody has to walk through. It is the BEST location for that side of the park.

                          Same with the west side smoking section. They tried a few locations, including the area for the extended Splash Mountain queue near the exit of the Haunted Mansion, and they found the former Keel Boats dock the most isolated area to keep smokers away from other guests. It is easy to avoid the docks, just stay off the lower walkway and use the higher queue.

                          Smoking is not illegal in America, or even California. Disney has to take into consideration ALL their guests, both those who smoke, and those who don't. And I think the current setup is about the best they can do.

                          To be honest with you, I would like to see smoking sections in the Main Entrance Plaza, Downtown Disney and near the Tram Loading areas, all areas that currently allow smoking anywhere that is outdoors.

                          Compromise is needed, but a total ban is impractical, and IMHO would cause more problems then the current setup, as guests will break the rules and not be regulated at all. It is much better to have areas that some folks that need to avoid smoke can avoid and not allow it anywhere else in the park, then to have folks smoking in bathrooms, and on the sly wherever they think they can get away with it.
                          The motorboat area is such a nice area to sit and eat lunch. Placing the smokers there IMO is great for them but terrible for everyone else. Many places ban smoking altogether, but I doubt DL would ever do that. Seeing as how Walt was a smoker, I don't think he would approve, soo what to do. An area by hungry bear maybe? Out of the way of everyone but still allow it?
                          Janette


                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Re: Smoking at Disneyland

                            Originally posted by matterhornlove31 View Post
                            I guess I learned my lessons on what's taboo on micechat and what's acceptable. for future references: no stroller talk (I dunno what this means but it has been repeated several times), no smoking issues, no talking about bad experiences at Disney.
                            LOL...that sums it up. Seriously though, the topics aren't really "forbidden" or "taboo" more than they have been circulated often enough that the final discussion outcome ends up being the same and pretty much unresolved. Sometimes "unresolved" is a nice way to say it as it turns into a they vs them arguement that gets litterboxed. The topics themselves are real issues in the park, no doubt there, that's why they get so emotional here.

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Re: Smoking at Disneyland

                              Originally posted by Usul831 View Post
                              I'm pretty sure the smokers wouldn't like this idea. I mean, if you really have to put people in an enclosed box for the health and safety of others, maybe it should be banned completely from the parks?
                              Methinks that if the smoking areas were enclosed but had air conditioning and heating, some smokers wouldn't mind much at all.

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Re: Smoking at Disneyland

                                Originally posted by sediment View Post
                                That's pretty much it.


                                Now, what?

                                I don't think any alternative smoking areas will be any "better" than the ones they have. Guests are everywhere in the park.
                                If they could find slighlty better remote areas and work out some type of ventilation in those areas (it can't be that hard) to help pull the smoke away from general pathways, then it might be less offensive to those guests who don't smoke. Me, I have no intention of blowing smoke in peoples face because it's legal to smoke. I know some people find it offensive and I play by the rules. If DLR makes it a little harder for me to smoke, I'm fine with that.
                                It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Re: Smoking at Disneyland

                                  Originally posted by kristibaer View Post
                                  1.Smokers; stay in the smoking areas.
                                  2.If anyone has (reasonable) suggestions for alternate smoking areas, take them to City Hall and try to be heard.
                                  3.If smoke bothers you, stay away from the smoking areas and don't give grief to the people not breaking the law or park rules.

                                  Did I miss anything?
                                  Good rules BUT I think the issue brought up here was the location of the smoking area in this case made #3 impossible or at least difficult. Having the smoking areas is a nice compromise (mostly) for those who choose to smoke. DLR placing an event or attraction almost on top of a smoking area can make having the purpose of the smoking area void and perhaps create conflict.

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Re: Smoking at Disneyland

                                    Originally posted by CinderellaStory View Post
                                    Methinks that if the smoking areas were enclosed but had air conditioning and heating, some smokers wouldn't mind much at all.
                                    Some smokers wouldn't mind, but have you ever been to a small bar in Vegas? (or any other place that allows indoor smoking) Although I smoke a cigarette every now and then, I can't step foot inside places like that because I get dizzy and nauseous. Indoor smoking areas do not sound fun to me.

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Re: Smoking at Disneyland

                                      Originally posted by brenden View Post
                                      Some smokers wouldn't mind, but have you ever been to a small bar in Vegas? (or any other place that allows indoor smoking) Although I smoke a cigarette every now and then, I can't step foot inside places like that because I get dizzy and nauseous. Indoor smoking areas do not sound fun to me.
                                      If that's how Disney offers smoking sections, I wouldn't complain, and so I don't think the smokers would either. If it gets the smoke away from the guests, I'm happy. They should be too if they still have a place smoke.

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Re: Smoking at Disneyland

                                        Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                                        Good rules BUT I think the issue brought up here was the location of the smoking area in this case made #3 impossible or at least difficult. Having the smoking areas is a nice compromise (mostly) for those who choose to smoke. DLR placing an event or attraction almost on top of a smoking area can make having the purpose of the smoking area void and perhaps create conflict.
                                        Like I said later on, I have no problem walking a little further away from the main areas. Maybe I'm an odd smoker because I have no problem taking it further away from those that don't smoke and don't like it. I know it's a bad habit (that I will quit someday), but I also know it MY HABIT, not yours, so to speak.
                                        It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          Re: Smoking at Disneyland

                                          I'm an ex-smoker. Do we really need a bunch of smoking areas? And If we do? Why not near all the restrooms. At least out of the main path ways.

                                          People in high-rise buildings have to go a long way to have a smoke. What's the big deal?


                                          "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

                                          -Walt Disney

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X