Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A solution for strollers

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] A solution for strollers

    We need stoller parking locations like this one used for cars in Japan:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx19caAaMo4"]YouTube - Parking garage carousel in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan.[/ame]

  • #2
    Re: A solution for strollers

    Cool but I'm not entirely sure how possible that is. I'm not sure of the foundation but I'm guessing that you could not add an underground garage. After all we don't have massive Utilidoors like WDW. And imagine how annoying it would be to have to wait for your stroller every time you finish a ride.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

    SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

    Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A solution for strollers

      Well maybe imagineering can convert HISTA to HISTS!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A solution for strollers

        Originally posted by dogtherock View Post
        And imagine how annoying it would be to have to wait for your stroller every time you finish a ride.
        Can't be any more annoying than trying to find then extract your stroller from where it's buried now:lmao:
        Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A solution for strollers

          Originally posted by Usul831 View Post
          Well maybe imagineering can convert HISTA to HISTS!
          Innoventions.....it's practically set up for it now
          Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A solution for strollers

            Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
            Can't be any more annoying than trying to find then extract your stroller from where it's buried now:lmao:
            Stroller problem is caused (or at least exascerbated) by the existence of the AP Program. Too many parents getting in cheaply (and more visits means lower cost per visit), and pushing their kids around as if it's the neighborhood park. Make 'em pay for each visit, and they might think twice about bringing the kid. And it becomes the "once-a-year special visit to DL with the kids" that DL is supposed to be.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A solution for strollers

              Originally posted by sediment View Post
              Stroller problem is caused (or at least exascerbated) by the existence of the AP Program. Too many parents getting in cheaply (and more visits means lower cost per visit), and pushing their kids around as if it's the neighborhood park. Make 'em pay for each visit, and they might think twice about bringing the kid. And it becomes the "once-a-year special visit to DL with the kids" that DL is supposed to be.
              You can pry my AP from my cold dead hands!
              "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

              SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

              Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
              YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
              Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
              (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A solution for strollers

                Wow...first the smoking in Dl thread...then a stroller thread on the same day...and NOW you've brought up the old festering wound of AP/non-Ap...are you TRYING to make the internets explode!!!????

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A solution for strollers

                  Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                  Wow...first the smoking in Dl thread...then a stroller thread on the same day...and NOW you've brought up the old festering wound of AP/non-Ap...are you TRYING to make the internets explode!!!????
                  I know, it's like Christmas came early. Hee.
                  Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A solution for strollers

                    Originally posted by sediment View Post
                    Stroller problem is caused (or at least exascerbated) by the existence of the AP Program. Too many parents getting in cheaply (and more visits means lower cost per visit), and pushing their kids around as if it's the neighborhood park. Make 'em pay for each visit, and they might think twice about bringing the kid. And it becomes the "once-a-year special visit to DL with the kids" that DL is supposed to be.
                    I couldn't agree more.....but absent the Strategic solution(Glove Cleaner) it's still fun to explore Tactical ones
                    Last edited by sleepyjeff; 11-02-2009, 03:33 PM.
                    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A solution for strollers

                      "Glove"! "Glove cleaner"! (OK, it's been fixed.)

                      Problem: too many strollers.
                      Strategic Solution: reduce incentive to bring stroller.
                      Cause: people bring strollering kids because it don't cost them nothing to enter.
                      Reduced Solution: make em' pay!
                      Last edited by sediment; 11-02-2009, 03:42 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A solution for strollers

                        Originally posted by sediment View Post
                        "Glove"! "Glove cleaner"!

                        Problem: too many strollers.
                        Strategic Solution: reduce incentive to bring stroller.
                        Cause: people bring strollering kids because it don't cost them nothing to enter.
                        Reduced Solution: make em' pay!
                        "Glove",,,,,,sorry:blush:
                        Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: A solution for strollers

                          Originally posted by sediment View Post
                          Stroller problem is caused (or at least exascerbated) by the existence of the AP Program. Too many parents getting in cheaply (and more visits means lower cost per visit), and pushing their kids around as if it's the neighborhood park. Make 'em pay for each visit, and they might think twice about bringing the kid. And it becomes the "once-a-year special visit to DL with the kids" that DL is supposed to be.
                          The AP Program can be used as the cause for anything and everything. When in doubt, blame APers.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: A solution for strollers

                            Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                            The AP Program can be used as the cause for anything and everything.
                            That's because it is. Yes, the truth can hurt.
                            Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                            When in doubt, blame APers.
                            Sorry, I never blame AP'ers. It's a great deal for a great product. Such a great deal that it should be discontinued.
                            You might be thinking of someone else.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: A solution for strollers

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: A solution for strollers

                                Sorry, I think that converting Innoventions into a giant two story rotating stroller parking garage is much more sensible than banning AP's

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: A solution for strollers

                                  Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
                                  Sorry, I think that converting Innoventions into a giant two story rotating stroller parking garage is much more sensible than banning AP's
                                  I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Or until I can see the youtube video.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: A solution for strollers

                                    Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
                                    Sorry, I think that converting Innoventions into a giant two story rotating stroller parking garage is much more sensible than banning AP's
                                    Why can't we do both?

                                    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: A solution for strollers

                                      This may have been already mentioned, but what we really need are stroller sections like we have smoking sections. Set aside one acre in each land to be a big stroller parking lot.

                                      Another idea is to have zipstrollers. Like zip cars, you just park them anywhere. Anyone who needs a stroller could pick any available stroller. There would be no buildup of strollers. Someone exiting POTC would pick up the stroller that another someone just left as they were entering POTC.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: A solution for strollers

                                        ^yeah, I mentioned that in a thread once I made.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X