This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Star Tours Still Standing

So, with Star Tours 2 on the table, wasn't Star Tours supposed to close in October, as Jay Rusulo said? Are they late, or just giving the attraction one last stand? When will the 2.0 project begin?
    Dude..

Re: Star Tours Still Standing

Originally posted by Coolspike9 View Post
    So, with Star Tours 2 on the table, wasn't Star Tours supposed to close in October, as Jay Rusulo said? Are they late, or just giving the attraction one last stand? When will the 2.0 project begin?
    It's closing October 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
      It's closing October 2010.
      Boy, do i not pay attention? Never Mind
      Dude..

Comment

I really hope Disney plans to close ST in the beginning of October rather than the end. We don't need nostalgic Star Wars fans clogging the park at the same time as the crazy HalloweenTime crowds. With the obvious return of Ghost Galaxy, Tomorrowland could end up being the ultimate bottleneck...

Comment

i'm kinda glad it's not closing til next year
          i wanted to get one last ride in this year
          who knows when i'm going again
          Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
          You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
          Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

I just wonder why it's taking soooo long?
            They're not building a new "Indy" from scratch. It's a remodel of an existing attraction. Consisting of 4 simulators.

Nuts!
            MY SIGNATURE:
            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Ya 2010 (:
              "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
              YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
              Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
              (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Comment

sweet, i'll make sure to really pay attention to every detail when i go on it in march. since it will be the last time i ride it.

Comment

I'm going to be sad going on my last Star Tours ride in January.

Comment

Star Tours desperately needs a rebuild. It's falling apart as it is now.

Comment

Hope the next Star Wars ride stands the test of time better, I love Star Wars but the ride got boring after so many goes, while Indy, Splash, HM and most other rides still are fun to go on.
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                        Hope the next Star Wars ride stands the test of time better, I love Star Wars but the ride got boring after so many goes, while Indy, Splash, HM and most other rides still are fun to go on.
                        I still think they are going with multiple destinations. My hope is based on "With the new Star Tours, we will do things we have never done before"...

And what if one of the destinations is the "old" Star Tours, just redone in CGI and in 3D?

MasterElwood

Comment

I hope we can choose the destinations, I don't want to get stuck in a podrace all the time! Podraces got played out in 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bungle View Post
                            I hope we can choose the destinations, I don't want to get stuck in a podrace all the time! Podraces got played out in 1999.
                            A in-cabin voting system...

Comment

Originally posted by MasterElwood View Post
                              A in-cabin voting system...
                              That's what I'm hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                                They're not building a new "Indy" from scratch. It's a remodel of an existing attraction. Consisting of 4 simulators.

Nuts!
                                Because a year after the official announcement gives all the big SW and Disney fans a chance for a last ride. If you haven't noticed, dealing with one of these groups angry is bad enough. Now imagining them joining force...

they'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. (ha ha, see what I did there?)
                                Last album uploads: pictures from the Alice in Wonderland exhibit, more still to be added
                                2nd Club 33 visit- Febuary '10! Yay for my sister's birthday.
                                Next Disneyland visit: ???
                                My knicks and knacks and fancy dresses:
                                http://questionablekristina.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bungle View Post
                                  That's what I'm hoping for.
                                  That would suck for APers who want to go on Hoth, but everyone else is like no I want Naboo (or something like that)
                                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

They could do something like they do with Mission Space where you chose the intensity of the ride when you get in line. Why not have different lines for different destinations that you can choose from when you get in line. If they're going to shut down the ride anyway spend the time to reconfigure the queue to handle three or four choices.

Just an idea...I know there are a few logistic problems with the existing queue, but given time and a little thought it could be accomplished. Even nicer each destination could have a slightly different queue experience.

Each destination could have multiple outcomes of the actual ride, assuming they are really going to add the random segments to the ride.
                                    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!

Comment

Originally posted by longears View Post
                                      They could do something like they do with Mission Space where you chose the intensity of the ride when you get in line. Why not have different lines for different destinations that you can choose from when you get in line. If they're going to shut down the ride anyway spend the time to reconfigure the queue to handle three or four choices.

This is what I've imagined for years. Multiple destinations with multiple lines. I always hoped they would make different rides with each of the planets pictured on the posters as you leave. I think having multiple lines (or one line that branches off at some point) would be the way to go. I don't like the in-cabin voting system. Remember, this is an intergalactic tour. Who gets in an airplane and THEN tries to figure out where they're going? With my luck, I'd end up going to the same place every time and never experience the other destinations.

And I swear, if the entire ride is going to be podracing or other Episode 1 - 3 crap, I'm never riding it. The fact that January will probably be my last time on the ride makes me sad not because I like Star Tours (I don't, it makes me motion sick) but because I hate podracing. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

Nuts!
                                        ST2 still needs a year of CGI prep-work and simulator programming/testing, and like other people said, it's a ploy to get all the Star Wars nerds and Disney nerds in the park one last time to ride "classic" Star Tours before it leaves. In its last two months of operation, expect 40 to 60 minute lines for this baby. Especially when Disney launches out of its summer advertising and into its "Ride the original Star Tours one last time before it lightspeeds away!" campaign (think what Universal did when BTTF The Ride was closing).

After that marketing push, things will only take a brisk six or seven months to redo the queue, install new simulators and finish the place off with a fresh coat of paint. Then, voila, Star Tours 2 grand opening summer 2011. Compare that to Cars Land, which was announced ages ago and still has three long years to go...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X