This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Space Mountain Changes?

If I'm not mistaken, Space Mountain reopened today to it's regular version... and if I am mistaken then I apologize.
    I was just thinking since they installed some new effects for Ghost Galaxy, could it be a possibility that they may have made a few minor changes to the regular version (ie some minor new effects using the new projectors)?

^Art by me!
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Re: Space Mountain Changes?

I think it's all the same, if not very minor additions/effects.

Comment

After riding Ghost Galaxy I'm kinda underwhelmed by the regular version, they could do so much more.

Comment

I was on it today, nothing changed. Back to it's usual self.

However, as soon as I entered my rocket, I heard the ominous sound from the speakers again from the rocket. Could they have forgotten about that or is it supposed to do that?

Going through, I noticed quickly that a projector was showing the red background that was seen in Ghost Galaxy. Good thing the ghost didn't show up.

I would think they would've debuted Ghost Galaxy for Summer Nightastic!. That would've been awesome.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
        The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
        Indy Ride Count: 2211
        World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Was it just me or was I the only one that was silently clapping in my head when the first tunnel was pitch black?

Comment

I would like to see meteor projections maybe at the beginning of the ride. just a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
              After riding Ghost Galaxy I'm kinda underwhelmed by the regular version, they could do so much more.
              I was just the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                I was just the opposite.
                Me too. This is one case where I was glad for Fastpass because I would have been pissed if I had waited in a long line for that.

Comment

Was it just me or was I the only one that was silently clapping in my head when the first tunnel was pitch black?
                  That was definitely the highlight of the ride... I was seriously freaked out at that point... then all hopes of greatness were shot down when I saw a gaping spotlight on one of the walls randomly appear, and then another, and then another...
                  Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                  I was just the opposite.
                  Same here. I'm so glad it's back to normal...

^Art by me!
                  Check out my
                  Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
                  You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
                  Visit my

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                    Me too. This is one case where I was glad for Fastpass because I would have been pissed if I had waited in a long line for that.
                    Same with me as well. I thought Ghost Galaxy was cool by theory... but the projections were so poorly done it really disappointed me.
                    I can't wait to ride regular Space Mountain again when I go back .

On a side note, I found an old music of Disneyland CD and rediscovered the original Space Mountain song, which is Awesome. So I decided that next time I go to d-land I'm going to bring my headphones, and listen to the original track throughout the new ride... yeah the audio queues and stuff won't match up, but it'll still be fun .
                    I remember that being the one problem with old Space Mountain. The music rarely ever worked... and that was the best part of the ride. Space Mountain without the music is not nearly as good.

Comment

I wish they woulda gotten that comet to light up, I guess they REALLY don't care about it all that much

Comment

In essence every ride can be re-done or added onto to make better, but that's beside the point. Space Mountain is awesome the way it is, and while they could use some additions its amazing regardless.

I will miss GG just because it was new and had an "exclusive" feel to it when riding. Like I was saying to myself, "this wont be back for a year, so I better enjoy it!" And I did...

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome View Post

On a side note, I found an old music of Disneyland CD and rediscovered the original Space Mountain song, which is Awesome.
                          YES!! I think I've only ever been on the old Space Mountain twice with the music working. It was still a great ride without it, but when the music worked it was AMAZING. I love Dick Dale and Camille Saint-Saens (I was a band geek all throughout high school and had to play several of his songs which were the most fun I've ever had in band, and I actually have some of his songs on my iPod lol) so hearing Dick Dale doing a cover of the Aquarium portion of Carnival of the Animals is strangely really amusing to me. Also, now whenever I hear Aquarium I think of Space Mountain. Come on guys, I can't be the only one who, upon seeing the trailer for Benjamin Button thought for a brief secend "...they made a Space Mountain movie?"

Comment

Originally posted by d1mex View Post
                            I will miss GG just because it was new and had an "exclusive" feel to it when riding. Like I was saying to myself, "this wont be back for a year, so I better enjoy it!" And I did...
                            That feeling can be easily induced for the normal Space Mountain, too, though...just force yourself to wait a year between rides!

Comment

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
                              That was definitely the highlight of the ride... I was seriously freaked out at that point... then all hopes of greatness were shot down when I saw a gaping spotlight on one of the walls randomly appear, and then another, and then another...

Same here. I'm so glad it's back to normal...
                              Why fault the entire concept simply because the projectors weren't adjusted correctly? This is something easily fixable but the idea behind the attraction was still amazingly fun and well thought out. My group went on it 3 times in the day and couldn't get enough.

After going on Ghost Galaxy it reminded me more of the original Space Mountain pre refurb when the attraction actually had special effects.
                              Last edited by Seawolf; 11-04-2009, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Why fault the entire concept simply because the projectors weren't adjusted correctly? This is something easily fixable but the idea behind the attraction was still amazingly fun and well thought out. My group went on it 3 times in the day and couldn't get enough.

After going on Ghost Galaxy it reminded me more of the original Space Mountain pre refurb when the attraction actually had special effects.
                                A concept is no good if it isn't well executed... Disney is so good at immersing people into the setting, and on the regular ride I feel immersed in space. Ghost Galaxy lacked that feeling. If the projectors were such an easy fix then why didn't they do something about it in the first place?
                                It was not only the projectors, either, it was also the terrible soundtrack. On the regular ride each dip and turn is cued up with the music, while this sountrack was flat all the way through.
                                Oh well, we can agree to disagree, I'm glad so many people liked it

^Art by me!
                                Check out my
                                Visit my

Comment

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
                                  A concept is no good if it isn't well executed... Disney is so good at immersing people into the setting, and on the regular ride I feel immersed in space. Ghost Galaxy lacked that feeling. If the projectors were such an easy fix then why didn't they do something about it in the first place?
                                  It was not only the projectors, either, it was also the terrible soundtrack. On the regular ride each dip and turn is cued up with the music, while this sountrack was flat all the way through.
                                  Oh well, we can agree to disagree, I'm glad so many people liked it
                                  I said this multiple times: This is the first year so WDI can find ways to make it better when and if it comes back next year.

Hopefully the projector thing that was bugging people can be solved for the 2010 season.

As far as the music goes, I like it so far. Who knows? Maybe they'll cook up a scarier soundtrack for GG.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                                  The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                                  Indy Ride Count: 2211
                                  World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                                    I said this multiple times: This is the first year so WDI can find ways to make it better when and if it comes back next year.

Hopefully the projector thing that was bugging people can be solved for the 2010 season.

As far as the music goes, I like it so far. Who knows? Maybe they'll cook up a scarier soundtrack for GG.
                                    I really, really hope so.

^Art by me!
                                    Check out my
                                    Visit my

Comment

i honestly think that space mountain hasn't been any better since the big refurb.
                                      i remember it being better back in the old days
                                      but now...

all you do on that ride is go fast then turn
                                      and then go fast and turn
                                      then go fast and turn
                                      then dip just a teeny tiny little bit and turn
                                      and turn
                                      and turn
                                      and turn
                                      aaannnddd turn.
                                      then flash! picture!

and the end.

i always thought the whole point of a roller coaster was to go up up up
                                      and then dooooooowwwwnnnn!!!!!! wooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

at least all the good ones do.
                                      wait scratch that
                                      CS starts with the WHOOOOOOOOSH!!!!
                                      Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                                      You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                                      Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                                        I was on it today, nothing changed. Back to it's usual self.

However, as soon as I entered my rocket, I heard the ominous sound from the speakers again from the rocket. Could they have forgotten about that or is it supposed to do that?

Going through, I noticed quickly that a projector was showing the red background that was seen in Ghost Galaxy. Good thing the ghost didn't show up.

I would think they would've debuted Ghost Galaxy for Summer Nightastic!. That would've been awesome.
                                        The bass in the speakers in the loading area has always been there since 2005.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X