Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones ride Changed?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Indiana Jones ride Changed?

    On Indiana Jones, right before you almost get hit by the boulder, I think there was a part when Indiana climbed down the rope. But now, it seems that he just says something, you slightly back up and ride away. Did they change this recently?

  • #2
    Re: Indiana Jones ride Changed?

    I don't remember him physically climbing down the rope, only moving his legs and saying his usual spiel.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Indiana Jones ride Changed?

      Indy never climbed down on the rope. He's always hanging there swinging around.

      It's been like that for years.


      The world is a treasure trove of places.
      The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
      Indy Ride Count: 2211
      World of Color Count: 74

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Indiana Jones ride Changed?

        Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
        Indy never climbed down on the rope. He's always hanging there swinging around.

        It's been like that for years.
        Its true. I remember the old Disney intro they used to play on the VHS movies (trust me, I watched Toy Story millions of times when I was little) and they had a clip of Indy swinging around on the rope.
        Found a video!
        Its at :26.
        [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSBZw_KV-Kc]YouTube - Opening to Toy Story 1996 VHS (Part 1)[/ame]

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Indiana Jones ride Changed?

          Yeah agreed with everyone else.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Indiana Jones ride Changed?

            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
            Its at :26.
            Hay JC Fan,
            Just from looking at the clip, I would say that was a filmed reproduction of the intended effect of that part of the attraction using a live actor in place of the animatronic.
            Man, next to BluRay, those old VHS tapes are starting to look antique!
            First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
            First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
            BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Indiana Jones ride Changed?

              Whether that was an AA or an actor, the real Indy AA has never climbed down the rope. Sorry, TikiGhost, but memory is a surprisingly fickle thing. Heck, I could swear the first time I rode Indy, there was a scene involving a cave filled with stalactites and stalagmites, strobing with a violent purple light. No joke!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Indiana Jones ride Changed?

                Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                Whether that was an AA or an actor, the real Indy AA has never climbed down the rope. Sorry, TikiGhost, but memory is a surprisingly fickle thing. Heck, I could swear the first time I rode Indy, there was a scene involving a cave filled with stalactites and stalagmites, strobing with a violent purple light. No joke!
                I remember that too!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Indiana Jones ride Changed?

                  K, thanks everyone. I thought he did though, nevermind

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Indiana Jones ride Changed?

                    I rode Indy a couple of times this month so far and that scene looked pretty much the same. I thought I noticed a difference in the action of the car throughout the entire ride. It seemed much livelier, bouncier than it used to be. It was a lot more fun. Say, does anyone know exactly where that skeleton with the mouse ears is located? I know which scene, but not Where in the scene. Thanks!
                    sigpic
                    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!


                    Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!


                    Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Indiana Jones ride Changed?

                      Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                      Indy never climbed down on the rope. He's always hanging there swinging around.

                      It's been like that for years.
                      yup
                      maybe when you "move", the first time you were on the ride it looked like he moved??
                      Quote by Al:
                      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                      -Al Lutz


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Indiana Jones ride Changed?

                        Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
                        Say, does anyone know exactly where that skeleton with the mouse ears is located? I know which scene, but not Where in the scene. Thanks!
                        Ah, you're looking for Bones! What you want to do is look waaaayyy off to your left and sort of behind you near the start of the mummy chamber. You should be able to see him before that first right turn in the chamber. He's not incredibly difficult to see, but you might not see him on the first try. Just do your best to get a seat on the left side of the vehicle and look all around back there once you've entered the scene.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Indiana Jones ride Changed?

                          Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
                          Hay JC Fan,
                          Just from looking at the clip, I would say that was a filmed reproduction of the intended effect of that part of the attraction using a live actor in place of the animatronic.
                          Man, next to BluRay, those old VHS tapes are starting to look antique!
                          I agree
                          it looks like a live actor
                          Quote by Al:
                          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                          -Al Lutz


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Indiana Jones ride Changed?

                            Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
                            I rode Indy a couple of times this month so far and that scene looked pretty much the same. I thought I noticed a difference in the action of the car throughout the entire ride. It seemed much livelier, bouncier than it used to be. It was a lot more fun. Say, does anyone know exactly where that skeleton with the mouse ears is located? I know which scene, but not Where in the scene. Thanks!
                            He's hard to see (IMHO).
                            You have to be in a certain spot in the jeep.
                            When we got an evac on the ride, I had to ask where he was.
                            Quote by Al:
                            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                            -Al Lutz


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Indiana Jones ride Changed?

                              Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                              Ah, you're looking for Bones! What you want to do is look waaaayyy off to your left and sort of behind you near the start of the mummy chamber. You should be able to see him before that first right turn in the chamber. He's not incredibly difficult to see, but you might not see him on the first try. Just do your best to get a seat on the left side of the vehicle and look all around back there once you've entered the scene.
                              Thank you! I will remember that next time we go! I saw a picture of Bones in the final E-Ticket magazine, but didn't remember where he was.
                              sigpic
                              Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!


                              Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!


                              Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X