Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is a Thanksgiving bday trip worth it?

Hello all, just looking for some input from others who have gone for their birthdays earlier in the year.
    I was wondering what everybody thought about whether it would be worth driving 6hrs to go just for my birthday, which just happens to be on Thanksgiving Day. I registered for the birthday pass earlier this year, but recently bought a premium annual pass and I am unsure if it would be worth the trip. I love the park dearly but I fear it will be too busy on Turkey Day. I am also unsure of what they do if you have an annual pass and it is your birthday.
    Just curious what everybody thinks, Thanks!

Re: Is a Thanksgiving bday trip worth it?

Since you have an AP, you can get a Fun Card worth $72 or a FastPass, but that is hardly worth giving up $72 for, even on T-Day! Oh yeah, you'll get a Happy Birthday wish upon entering the Park and a button.

Let's see.... Driving 6 hours in holiday traffic for a $72 Fun Card (and spending how much in fuel???), fighting the huge crowds and then heading home.

Yep, it's worth it! :lol:

Enjoy!

Comment

I wonder as well...... what if you have a hopper pass and it is your birthday...

I think you get a gift card, however, I dont know where you get it from or how much it is......
      I would go I think, its your birthday!
      Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

Of course! You can get a gift card worth the price of a ticket to buy what you want in the park! That's worth it to me.

Comment

I'd go, but, that's just me! I live in Seattle and would jump at the chance to be only a 6 hour drive away! Enjoy your birthday----at DL!

Comment

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate your advice. Have you ever been on Thanksgiving is it super crowded?

Comment

I just got back from a six-day trip over Halloween that cost us over $1000 to pick up a $72 gift card. It was a seven hour drive, but it was still worth it.
              Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
              2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
              2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
              sigpic

Comment

why would you even ask such a question?!?!
                of course go!!
                just because there's a crowd
                doesn't mean you shouldn't go
                especially on your birthday!!

my birthday is the day after thanksgiving
                and i'm going
                and on turkey day
                and the day before turkey day
                maybe i'll see you there!
                Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

My son and I will be there on T-day, but it's only a 20 minute drive. He's an AP so we're going to pick up his fun card and have a meal. It will probably take us longer to park than anything else!
                  I want my cake back!
                  sigpic

Comment

If you are prepared to get to the park plenty early and deal with the crowds throughout the day, I say go for it. My birthday lands smack dab between Christmas and New Years. Will I make the 6 drive? Heck no, everyone's on vacation then.
                    When asked his opinion of Disney’s California Adventure, John Hench, 65-year Disney veteran and the official portrait artist for Mickey Mouse, reportedly said, “I liked it better as a parking lot.":bow:

Comment

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
                      I wonder as well...... what if you have a hopper pass and it is your birthday...

I think you get a gift card, however, I dont know where you get it from or how much it is......
                      I would go I think, its your birthday!
                      you get a gift card if it's a Multi-Day Hopper. (as apposed to a one day hopper) and you get it at the ticket booths.
                      Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                      Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

My art teacher used to say that the best time to go to the parks is at Thanksgiving/Christmas cuz no one's there... cheyah right.
                        But anyways yes! GO! I personally don't mind the crowds and who needs turkey when u can go to DL?!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X