This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Worried about sickness

Ok fellow Micechatters, I have a favor. We leave for Disneyland in about 3 weeks. We've planned for a year, saving money, planning different dinners, the whole package. The last month or so though, I've been stressing about one of us (mom, dad, two girls) getting sick before our big trip. (8 nights, 7 days!) In fact, wife and the girls are sick now. Anyway, just looking for some positive affirmation! I need to focus on the positives!! Anybody else ever worry about this type of thing?
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Re: Worried about sickness

It's one of those things that's best not to think about but prepare for. My son got sick in Epcot once and he had a fever so we let him sleep and he was ready to go the next day.

If you have that much time, don't feel bad about staying back in the hotel a day to get better.

Comment

I think whenever you're excited about something you worry about the things that can go wrong. At least I do. But those are the types of things you can't predict or plan for.

I hope your family feels better soon!

Comment

no, I don't worry about it. It did happen to me for one trip....my daughter and i both got sick. We spent a lot of time sleeping on various rides.

Comment

8days/7nights is PLENTY of time to experience Disneyland.. so i wouldn't worry about taking a day off to give rest to anyone who may become sick (but hopefully that's no one!)
          -plagued

Comment

It's totally human nature to worry about it...but don't. Think of it this way - by worrying about the possibility of getting sick, you will cause the weeks before the visit to be less fun, less exciting. Worrying will not decrease your chances of anyone getting sick. If anything, negative thoughts could have a detrimental effect on your health. Sooooo...just let go of what you can't control and hope for the best! Easier said than done, I know, but you'll be fine. Think of it this way...if they're getting sick right now, they're less likely to be sick when the time comes! (Just try to take reasonable precautions to protect yourself...again, without worrying in the process.)

Comment

Originally posted by plagued View Post
              8days/7nights is PLENTY of time to experience Disneyland.. so i wouldn't worry about taking a day off to give rest to anyone who may become sick (but hopefully that's no one!)
              This is the truth. Definitely take it easy and relax. Not only will it help keep people from getting sick, it also helps people from going insane!

Comment

If your wife and girls are sick right now, they'll be much stronger by the time the trip comes around, and able to fight off any more sicknesses.

Just don't stress. Be prepared. If something happens, it happens. But it most likely won't.

Comment

Purchase reliable travel insurance that covers illness this way you can res assured that if someone does get sick you will be covered and reimbursed for your tickets and reservations etc.

Comment

Stress is far worse than a cold, but it's a tad circular to be stressing out about getting stressed out.

Comment

It happens. I took a trip to go visit family last month (my first in a year and a half) and in the weeks leading up to the trip I was concerned I might catch a cold or something (if not here, then in the plane) that would put a dent in my trip. Luckily I did not. If you think about it, you can take reasonable precautions to prevent falling ill, but no one has to tell you that anything can happen if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person. I'd say just practice safe habits (and encourage your family to do the same) and try to think about how amazing your trip is going to be so that you can get the most out of it. It'll be well worth it.

Comment

i've actually never thought about it
                        i was always too excited!

so don't worry about it
                        just be excited for it!
                        but you know,
                        bring aspirin
                        just in case.
                        Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                        You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                        Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

I'm nutorious for getting sick on Disneyland vacations. As a kid it was always something, stomach bugs, colds. I'd be sick all the way down there (8 hour drive back then). Some how I'd manage though, always had fun. My Mom always thought that the excitement of going somehow weakened my system or something. Since it never failed, I always got sick.

Even now as an adult I've had quite a few trips where I came down with a cold the day before. One time was a really nasty virus too. I ended up giving it to the whole family by the time we left! I took lots of tylenol and sudafed that trip.

So yeah I worry like you every time before a trip! But as it's been said, worrying doesn't help. I must say you're probably in better shape because the girls are sick now. By three weeks they'll be well, and people usually don't catch things that close together! Good luck!

Comment

Make sure everyone keeps hydrated and the cold/flu(?) will go away much quicker. Pee it out!
                            Shopping:
                            1. www.disneystore.com
                            2. "Disneyland Delivears" (800) 362-4533, [email protected]
                            3. Convert Best Buy CC points into Disney Gift Cards
                            4. Convert Disney CC points into Disneyland Tickets

Comment

Give your family lots of vitamin C on the days leading up to the trip. Our family did that, and we were all in perfect health when the day came!

Comment

On my last trip to Disneyland, I developed a bad case of laryngitis. It happened at about the 1/2 way point of my vacation. I felt a little off physically, but I didn't let it stop me from having a good time.

I usually stress about episodes of IBS during my vacations, but it didn't happen at all on that vacation. I make sure that I always eat a good breakfast to start off my day, and I stay away from too many sugary treats.

Stress can do bad things to our bodies. So I try and eliminate that from my thinking. Not too hard to do when I am at Disneyland.
                                BarbaraAnn

Comment

I right in the middle of my youngest is running a high fever! We leave in four days for a week long trip! Doing my best to keep others in family well but feel like I am fighting a losing battle.

Comment

just dont stress about it

Comment

Stress actually weakens your immune system. So being stressed about possibly getting sick can actually make you much more likely to get sick. Or keep you sick longer if you already are sick.

Drink lots of fluids, get lots of rest. And above all else, do not worry.

One of my favorite quotes:
                                      "If you have fear of some pain or suffering, you should examine whether there is anything you can do about it. If you can, there is no need to worry about it; if you cannot do anything, then there is also no need to worry."
                                      ~~Dalai Lama

Very smart man. Don't worry about it... do the things you know you need to do to be healthy and just have fun

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Try not to stress over it, that'll just make you feel worse. Both of my boys got hit when we were at WDW this summer, we just made do. My husband stayed in the room with the one that wasn't feeling well while the I took the other to the park. Just gotta do the best you can

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X