• [Question] Mickey Makeover?

Mickey Mouse gets his edge back

Why would they do this?
    I'm a gymnast...
    I do my own stunts

Re: Mickey Makeover?

Related story here:

http://micechat.com/forums/features/...post1055649444

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I am actually looking forward to the game. As I have stated in several threads, i think Disney should do more with Mickey other than just sell him in forms of shirts, bags, pencils, etc. Make cartoons of him, have him star in a movie (that isn't straight to dvd), have him be more than just a mascot. Have him be a character again
      "I did do the nasty in the pasty" -Philip J. Fry

Comment

Looks like I was beaten to the story.

Not sure what I think about it yet.
        I'm thinking maybe Disney should stay with what they have had since the park opened.
        Quote by Al:
        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
        -Al Lutz

Comment

I can't wait for this game! I have the "Game Informer" magazine showcasing it sitting on my coffee table. It makes me even more excited that the game is for the Wii.

As a huge fan of the Kingdom Hearts series, I think that sometimes when you look at the world of Disney from a different perspective the results are awesome. I can't wait to see this take on Oswald, the "forgotten" first character, and his battle with the iconic Mickey.

Comment

Because this is going back to Mickey as originally designed and conceived by Walt Disney. This is going back to the roots of the character and what made him so popular. This is going back to before he became the corporate mascot and had to play the "nice guy" all the time. This is Mickey Mouse when he was mischievous and got into a scrap now and then. This is the Mickey Mouse who is flawed, yet still manages to be a good guy.

Mickey Mouse has needed this for a very long time. The way Mickey is right now, they can't really do anything with him because he's always the perfect and happy mouse. You can't have conflict, the character can't learn and grow from mistakes. Taking Mickey back to his roots and bringing this edge back into the character allows for them to actually USE Mickey Mouse for what he was intended. Something that hasn't been done in decades.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Nice! Will they apply this "new" Mickey to other mediums other than this game?

Comment

Speaking of a new Mickey... has Disney found a new voice behind the mouse?
                I lurk.

Comment

I am anxiously awaiting this game. I like the what I read and think I will really enjoy playing it. But isn't the whole paint thinner thing basically a play on Roger Rabbit with the DIP. Dip was basically made of turpentine, benzene and acetone. Those are all forms of paint thinner. Sounds like there are few different cartoons mixed up in there in some way shape or form.

Comment

Bottom line is that Mickey is good. He's a hero. It's fine if he's a little mischevious along the way. Who wants a boring hero? Not me. What do they say about nice guys. Don't they finish last? As long as they don't go totally off in the opposite direction. Not everyhting is totally black or white in the world in which we live, and that should also apply to the Main Mouse as well. If done correctly, it helps show the younger generation that problems can be dealt with and solutions can be found.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by chadb14 View Post
                      But isn't the whole paint thinner thing basically a play on Roger Rabbit with the DIP.
                      No, it's been a play long before Roger Rabbit was around. Cartoons and artists have always played with the interaction of their characters and "erasing" mediums. Roger Rabbit is just very well known and recent.

As far as this story goes, Yensid has created a world for Walt's cast aside characters to live in peace in. It is a model world on a desk in his office. Mickey goes through the looking glass in his room (another cartoon reference) and ends up in Yensid's office and finds the model. He accidentally spills thinner and ink on the model, creating the villain (the Phantom Blot from the Mickey comic strips of the late 30s). In putting things right, Micket uses ink and thinner to alter the world to allow him through it.
                      Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                      Bottom line is that Mickey is good. He's a hero. It's fine if he's a little mischevious along the way. Who wants a boring hero? Not me. What do they say about nice guys. Don't they finish last? As long as they don't go totally off in the opposite direction. Not everyhting is totally black or white in the world in which we live, and that should also apply to the Main Mouse as well. If done correctly, it helps show the younger generation that problems can be dealt with and solutions can be found.
                      Well said. From what I'm reading, the game programmers stayed very faithful to the character of Mickey... even going so far as to carefully replicate the way he squashes and stretches and his facial emotions from earlier cartoons. The decision of be really nice or a slight trouble maker is left up to the person playing the game, but the fact that the option is there is nice as that is Mickey Mouse.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I think that its a good idea :mob:
                        well I do and I cant wait to play it! I like to think of it as disney getting mickey back to his roots that made him so popular in the first place
                        I am Scary Scott,
                        Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                        I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                        Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                        Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                        Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                        Originally posted by Karalora
                        This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                        Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                        Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

It will be nice to see Mickey going back to being a '3 dimensional' character. There's nothing wrong with a bit of fun now and then, even a display of temper. Mickey was never perfectly good until he became such an icon that Disney was afraid to let him be anything less.

But don't worry, they guard Mickey and his rep. zealously. He won't be crossing any lines, they'd never allow it.

Comment

I like the idea of it with the video game, but to enter the park itself and have Mickey looking like that would be kind of displeasing for me personally!
                            That being said, I'm excited about the game!! It'll be good for Mickey to have the chance to be a bit different from his usual cheery self
                            But changing the current Mickey at the parks or on merchandise wouldn't be something I'd like to see.
                            "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

Comment

Well I do not like this idea at all I like Mickey the way he is. I don't want him to go back to his old form. If I had kids and they saw him beening bad my kids would be scare of him I would be scare of him. I like the good caring Mickey. He is no Donald or Grumpy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessIzzie View Post
                                I like the idea of it with the video game, but to enter the park itself and have Mickey looking like that would be kind of displeasing for me personally!
                                That being said, I'm excited about the game!! It'll be good for Mickey to have the chance to be a bit different from his usual cheery self
                                But changing the current Mickey at the parks or on merchandise wouldn't be something I'd like to see.
                                Actually, I have seen several merchandise pieces in the last year or so advertising a rather "irritated" or "mad" looking version of Mickey. It doesn't appear in any way related to Epic Mickey.

I remember one t-shirt that had a VERY PO'd looking Mickey kicking a soccer ball or some such.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                                  [...]If I had kids and they saw him beening bad my kids would be scare of him I would be scare of him.[...]
                                  Mickey was never bad... more just naughty. Like in "Plane Crazy" Mickey needs a tail for his airplane so he pulls the tail feathers off of a turkey that is walking by. That kind of thing. He was more of a prankster. He was never bad.

Comment

I still don't like that I see more of Donald doing with that not Mickey.

Comment

I don't see this as a bad thing. If they can let modern Mickey kill someone in Fantasmic, they can let him go back to his mischievous cartoon ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                                        Well I do not like this idea at all I like Mickey the way he is. I don't want him to go back to his old form. If I had kids and they saw him beening bad my kids would be scare of him I would be scare of him. I like the good caring Mickey. He is no Donald or Grumpy to me.
                                        Agreed! I suppose it could work in video game form as parents can easily refuse their kids the opportunity to play it.
                                        But I really would draw the line at changing Mickey's appearance in any other forms (character in the parks, t-shirts, movies, etc)
                                        Just stating my opinion here.
                                        "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X