This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News No more Single Rider for TSMM

I just got back from the parks. TSMM's single rider sign has been taken out. My CM friends have informed me that they are no longer offering SRL for TSMM.

No fastpass, no SRL, just a conventional line. Finally!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFgSNAwEAL8"]YouTube- Toy Story Mania 500,000[/ame]
    Last edited by BCC; 11-07-2009, 09:09 PM.
    Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
    www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Re: No more Single Rider for TSMM

wait no fastpass?
    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Why?? darn it...that's not a good move
      "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

I don't think it would matter either way if they got rid of it or kept it. It'd still be the same wait times.

Comment

I remember reading about that on mint's recent blog of it being closed. If it is permanent, that would be cool because I have seen that line get long and with so many people over there, it looks too clustered.

Comment

and toy story, like mulholland madness, seems like an awkward ride to have single rider on anyways, little too close and personal to the person you're riding with.

Comment

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
              wait no fastpass?
              Midway Mania never had Fastpass to begin with here in California Adventure. Florida's has it, though.

I'm mildly disappointed with the removal of the SRL, but it wasn't as effective as other lines like Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain and the line always spilled out onto the front area.

Comment

Originally posted by stitchon View Post
                but it wasn't as effective as other lines like Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain and the line always spilled out onto the front area.
                I agree. The line would be 5 mins only if 1 person was in line...you can only imagine how long it would be with 20 people. The wait really does vary and they've tried their best to make it as efficient as they could. I think Nemo could load faster than TSMM's SRL sometimes.

Plus, the SRL was never open consistently, so it's permanent closure was inevitable.
                Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
                www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Comment

shoot that sucks, it a ride that uses that system really well...know i cant go on the ride as much....darn it
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I've made use of the Single Rider line on TSMM several times this year. I'm sad that it's been removed, but I will say it was always a little awkward being seated next to a total stranger. They usually looked a bit surprised, but all of them I have been seated with were friendly enough. I can see where someone who has been standing in line for 45+ minutes gets a little disgruntled finding a person seated next to them in "their" car who has only waited a few minutes.
                    I want you to know, nobody cares more about your stupid problems than I do!

Comment

Wow this really ruins my strategies.

Comment

I've never waited in the single rider line, so I'm just curious - did they give SR's their own individual car when the lines weren't busy?
                        "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

Comment

Nooooooo.... wait, I never used it, whenever I was by myself, I chose to wait like everyone else, what made me special that I get to wait like 5 to 10 when everyone has to wait like 20 to 40 minutes. Besides people would always abuse that line and large groups would get in it and say they were single riders just to get through the line quicker and there was really nothing the CM could do about it. So to solve the problem, they just got rid of the problem
                          Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

Exactly.. I bet too many people complained thinking they should get on the ride much faster than waiting in the regular line. So to make the CMs jobs there a bit easier, just ditch the line. Good call if you ask me..

Comment

this has also occured at WDW

Comment

Originally posted by I<3Simba&Nala View Post
                                this has also occured at WDW
                                Really? When?

Timekeeper
                                sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                                Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

When I went to DHS in july, the single rider line was closed. and I asked the CM why it was closed and she said its closed permanently becasue it wasnt used enough

Comment

This is sad indee. I had always use the single rider myself. In fact the last time I when on it I was by myself. They didn't put me with anybody. Well I guess I will not get to go on it anymore.

Comment

This doesn't surprise me. I used the single rider line during my trip in September. My partner gets motion sickness so he doesn't like TSMM. I noticed that the CMs had to keep asking people if they minded riding with a single rider and there was a definite feeling of awkwardness. I ended up riding with a lady from Germany who was also in the single rider line. She was super nice but it was undeniable that it was also really awkward to be sitting so close to a total stranger that you are actually competing against the whole time.

Comment

Nooooooooo!!!!

:!$#%:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X