This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Some old character shots and slides from the 1970's

Here's some slides and pictures of my grandfathers that I found from the 1970's.

Dopey

Grumpy

This was part of the 'Pooh in 72' promotion.

Flower in front of what I believe was Small World

Doc (with my ex step sister)

Minnie and a young Oogie Boogie

Here's a slide of the Big Bad Wolf with the 3 Little Pigs

A slide of The Mad Hatter along with Alice and the White Rabbit

Pluto

Oogie, Happy, and my cousin

Oogie's cousin, Snow White, and Oogie

Goofy

A slide of Goofy and Mickey

A slide of Minnie and Donald

A slide of Goofy and Pluto

A slide of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs

A slide of Alice and the White Rabbit

This is a picture that was taken a bit late. It's supposed to be of Alice and the Walrus

Donald and Oogie
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: Some old character shots and slides from the 1970's

How cool! Sadly the first time I visited in '73, we didn't take many pictures and what we do have are pretty much totally faded out... Its so fun to see older pictures of the park!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

oh these are cool!

Comment

I've got to say, I really like the dwarf costumes from the 70's. Very nice pictures

Comment

Great stuff. Nice to see a picture of Flower.

Comment

Other then the wig Snow White's dress look about the same as of todays. I have seen old photos of the old Disneyland but I have never seen what Cinderella and Aurora look like back then. Also wasn't Peter Pan out in those times?

Comment

They look creepy for me

Comment

wow, i really enjoyed looking at those,
                its amazing how much the characters have changed, minnie wasn't even wearing her big shoes!
                and alice had long socks on :lol:

great pics!
                sigpic

Comment

Absolutely awesome photos. I'm a really big fan of the big character heads.
                  Classic Disney at it's best. Thanks for sharing.:thumbup:

Comment

Thanks. The masks seem huge and must have been heavy! Are masks generally smaller today than they were back then? And the Mad Hatter is now a face character rather than masked.

Comment

ORDDU: To address the point you made, Capt Hook's, duckling, there weren't that many appearances made--back in the 50's, 60's and 70's--by many of the human Disney characters. For the most part, it was only Snow White, Alice and Peter Pan you would see on a regular basis. Cinderella sometimes could be seen in her rag dress in the early days. But she didn't become a 'regular' meet and greet presence until the early 80's. It was at this same time that Mary Poppins also came out to play with Disneyland guests more regularly.

ORWEN: It always amazed me that Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip weren't seen more often until the mid 80's--even though their castle is the centerpiece of the whole park! They sometimes appeared in the Christmas parades in the early days, but it wasn't until the mid 80's that they could be seen more regularly. Aurora's costume--back then--didn't look that authentic. She wore a blue dress with a gold lamae peplum around the waistline. And her collar was also gold lamae and looked kind of lame. Prince Phillip's costume is pretty much the same as always. (Right after the grand re-opening of Fantasyland in the early 80's, they had Phillip wearing his hunting outfit for a couple of days.)

ORDDU: By now the human Disney characters have become so popular that it wouldn't fly to keep them in hiding the way they were back in the earlier days of Disneyland's history. If anything, it's the animal characters--such as Flower, Thumper, Bernard, Bianca, etc.--who have been hiden away from guests these days.

ORWEN: I just wish ALL the Disney characters were allowed to come out and play with guests every day! It would do a lot to shorten the lines for the meetings and greetings because there would be so many charactes to get pictures with that guests would be more widely distributed!!!

Comment

That one of Goofy and Pluto inside the Dumbo ride area, while the attraction is in motion is very interesting.

Comment

did they make the characters heads huge to make them look more animated?? because thats what i read somehwere....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                            ORDDU: To address the point you made, Capt Hook's, duckling, there weren't that many appearances made--back in the 50's, 60's and 70's--by many of the human Disney characters. For the most part, it was only Snow White, Alice and Peter Pan you would see on a regular basis. Cinderella sometimes could be seen in her rag dress in the early days. But she didn't become a 'regular' meet and greet presence until the early 80's. It was at this same time that Mary Poppins also came out to play with Disneyland guests more regularly.

ORWEN: It always amazed me that Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip weren't seen more often until the mid 80's--even though their castle is the centerpiece of the whole park! They sometimes appeared in the Christmas parades in the early days, but it wasn't until the mid 80's that they could be seen more regularly. Aurora's costume--back then--didn't look that authentic. She wore a blue dress with a gold lamae peplum around the waistline. And her collar was also gold lamae and looked kind of lame. Prince Phillip's costume is pretty much the same as always. (Right after the grand re-opening of Fantasyland in the early 80's, they had Phillip wearing his hunting outfit for a couple of days.)

ORDDU: By now the human Disney characters have become so popular that it wouldn't fly to keep them in hiding the way they were back in the earlier days of Disneyland's history. If anything, it's the animal characters--such as Flower, Thumper, Bernard, Bianca, etc.--who have been hiden away from guests these days.

ORWEN: I just wish ALL the Disney characters were allowed to come out and play with guests every day! It would do a lot to shorten the lines for the meetings and greetings because there would be so many charactes to get pictures with that guests would be more widely distributed!!!

Thx for the answer. I would like to see what Peter look like back then. I was born in 71 so I wouldn't no what he would of look like back then.

Comment

Awesome pics..thanks for sharing
                              "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

ORDDU: You're welcome, Capt Hooks', duckling. We've seen photos of Peter Pan from the early days. He was often portrayed by a young girl back then. He wasn't portrayed by a boy until the early 80's, as far as I can tell. His costume was fairly accurate to the movie--except for the coloring. His/her shirt was a dark green over lighter green tights. Since then, the shirt is a light green worn over dark green tights.

Comment

I couldn't agree more... The Disney "universe" has such a wide array of beloved characters beyond the usual 10-15 you may see on a typical visit to the park(s), there's no reason why they can't be represented and present in the parks. The flagship park seems to have the greatest lack of character 'variety' which in and of itself is truly disappointing.

Comment

ORDDU: You're welcome, Capt Hooks', duckling. We've seen photos of Peter Pan from the early days. He was often portrayed by a young girl back then. He wasn't portrayed by a boy until the early 80's, as far as I can tell. His costume was fairly accurate to the movie--except for the coloring. His/her shirt was a dark green over lighter green tights. Since then, the shirt is a light green worn over dark green tights.
                                    anyone got a photo!???
                                    sigpic

Comment

Very very cool!!! Thanks for sharing your memories with us!
                                      Can't wait for May 2011!:yea:

Comment

Wow, those are great to see some history. Thanks for sharing them.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X