Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] What would you add to Frontierland?

Obviously there is not a ton of space in Frontierland, but suppose that there was all the space you would ever need! What would you add?
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Re: What would you add to Frontierland?

Originally posted by dogtherock View Post
    Obviously there is not a ton of space in Frontierland, but suppose that there was all the space you would ever need! What would you add?
    There's room for this:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

The main attraction in this land would be a simulated blimp ride(think Peter Pan on a Pirates of the Caribbean scale) to the north Pole based on the Disney movie Island at the Top of the World.

Also an underwater seafood restaurant themed to Captain nemo's Nautilus.

A dock for the Columbia.

A Towerering wild structure that takes guests down a spiral and into a giant magnetic structure where the forces of magnetism are having a profound effect upon ride vehicles

Other minor attractions, like a Time Machine and a Fireworks factory round out the new land.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

i would add a big boat

Comment

Geyser Mountain

Comment

Pardon my french, but a kick a** wild west show would be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by d1mex View Post
            Pardon my french, but a kick a** wild west show would be awesome!
            Agreed.
            I also would like to see a state-of-the-art version of the originally planned but never built Reel Ride.
            (It was basically Circle-Visoion 360, but you were on horses. If built, it would have been the first motion simulator ever. I think.)

Comment

I'd love to see an interactive wildwest 3D ride much like the Spiderman one in Florida.

Comment

They need to create more of a street feeling when your entering Frontierland from the Hub. If they gave it more of a fort feeling and added facade to the other side of the main road through Frontierland, it would feel more immersive. At current with the shops on one side and the openness on the other, the amazing detail that has gone into the shops is detracted from.

So:

In these two spots you could insert a new restaurant and possibly a show, attraction, or something else, and it would complete the "ghost town" feeling. Note the road might be better kept wider than this to keep a somewhat open feeling, while the docks could be centered at the end of the road. Maybe too they should consider docking the mark twain over near NOS. But I know logistically that is probably not to feasible and not strictly thematically necessary. The dark brown is the rough area I think fort walls and gates should be added/kept and they would serve to block views of NOS from Fronteirland. Shrubs and trees could be added to obscure views of the fort walls from NOS itself as well. Around the back they should add a new land or something because at present it feels very removed from Frontierland.
                Last edited by Trevor; 11-08-2009, 03:27 AM.

Comment

That would cause a lot of congestion, especially right after fireworks, and block the connection to Fantasyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                    That would cause a lot of congestion, especially right after fireworks, and block the connection to Fantasyland.
                    A funnel only slows crowds as much as its smallest point, and this street would remain the same width as its smallest point thus allowing a more direct flow without merging people. They would definitly have to move that planter. I should note to that those fort walls are actually gates no smaller than the paths that they would span. They don't block the path or anything, they just contain the theming.

The connection to Fantasyland would be kept open and the entrance to the new land (Discovey Kingdom anyone?) Would enter where the entrance to the BTR currently is.
                    Last edited by Trevor; 11-08-2009, 03:28 AM.

Comment

When Disneyland was young they had a stagecoach ride. I loved it. I also liked the battles staged at the fort. Indians would attack the fort, and soldiers (like me) would point rifles at them. I realize that wouldn't be politically correct. California, over the years, has lost a lot of its Western cowboy traditions. Frontierland would be the perfect place to bring it back.

Comment

Into the West

A heart-stopping hybrid of simulator and 360 cinema technology.
                        Guests will broad a "stagecoach" tour through the lands surrounding the town of Thunder Mesa.Sight-seeing such wonders as Rainbow Caverns,The Devil's Paint Pots and the camp of the Iwatche Indians.The coach will be invaded by banditos after crossing Thunder Gorge.They will release the horses and the runaway carriage will venture straight into an abonened mine shaft! Camalmity insues, with the car facing multiple near-misses and impossible jumps.Out of the stressful mine, the car is now at the mercy of Cutthroat Rapids. About to die at the hands of Big Thunder Falls, the car is saved by the Iwatche's Shaman White Crow.Reversing time so that the bandito attack never happened. The thankful guests stroll back into town and the ride ends.

Basically, A 21st century twist on the former Nature's Wonderland and the never-built Reel Ride.
                        Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
                        Think of it as a third arm that magically
                        shoots bullets!

Comment

A walk-through attraction named Claude Coats Caverns, essentially a rebuild of the Rainbow Caverns that was there before, but now a walk-through connecting Frontierland with Fantasyland.

A nature train ride similar to the old Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland but themed to specific national parks including Yosemite, Bryce Canyon, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Glacier, Everglades, Carlsbad Caverns, Hawaii Volcanoes and Denali National Parks. This would have to extend outside the berm to the west and north, and the Denali mountain would be built outside the berm and part underground. New animatronic animals representing endangered species of these parks. Loading for this would be west of Big Thunder Mtn. Railroad and north of the Mark Twain dock.

A water ride utilizing the same real estate as the train, and the boats would go over a few waterfalls along the way as well as rapids in the Grand Canyon section. Loading for this would be at the Fantasyland end of Claude Coats Caverns. Part outside and part underground.

A roller coaster ride, basically a clone of Expedition Everest but called Expedition Denali and would be inside the Denali mountain built outside the berm. Loading for this would be at Critter Country.

Comment

A condensed version of Mine Train thru Natures Wonderland. Or even, you can skip the train part and just make it an extension of the Big THunder Trail. Then we can finally get rid of the Festival Ampitheatre.

Comment

Move the Tom Sawyer's Isla- errr... Pirate's Lair dock over toward where the old Westward Ho food cart was.

^Art by me!
                              Check out my
                              Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
                              You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
                              Visit my
                              Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
                              Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

I would like there to be a nice long "hiking trail" with lots of realistic landscaping and vegetation. It could start as a side branch off Big Thunder Trail, and follow the back curve of the Rivers of America, between the railroad tracks (which might have to be moved a few feet) and the water, and exit near the Hungry Bear. This would also solve the problem of there being only one entrance and exit to Critter Country.
                                Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Bring back McDonalds french fries would be a GREAT start.

Comment

Originally posted by d1mex View Post
                                    Bring back McDonalds french fries would be a GREAT start.
                                    nty
                                    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
                                      Move the Tom Sawyer's Isla- errr... Pirate's Lair dock over toward where the old Westward Ho food cart was.
                                      And move the Mark Twain loading over to where the Rafts Load.

Also nature trails aren't that bad an idea at all, but isn't that what Tom Saywer's island is?

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
                                        Also nature trails aren't that bad an idea at all, but isn't that what Tom Saywer's island is?
                                        Well, right now TSI is just another pirate promotional tool. But even in its normal state, it seems more for little kids to work off their excess energy than for the enjoyment of nature, or "nature" as the case may be. I was envisioning something a little more serene.
                                        Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X