This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disneyland in someone else's shoes

Currently residing in Phoenix, we are th closest we have ever been to DLR. We try to go once a year and hope to get DAP's in March so we can go more than once next year.

How will AP's change things? Well, first off, it significantly reduces the costs since we go for 3-4 days each trip. It may also allow us to do 2 day trips and fly instead of driving.

My kid is half considering transferring to an Anaheim area college for her Bachelor's degree. If she does, I can see many more trips to DLR in my future. lol

If we lived closer, we'd do PAP's and go as often as we could I'm sure. Even within a couple of hours of the park.

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

Comment

Before I moved to Southern California 2.5 years ago, I was a huge Disneyland fan and loved the parks. Now that I live here, we go about once a month. While I loved Disneyland before the move, I love it even more now. Being able to go so often allows me time to notice the little things that make the park special. Now there is a feeling of intimacy that makes me even fonder of the park.

We went on our first Disneyworld trip in August. The experience was fantastic and we enjoyed every minute of the trip. Because the trip was fast and furious for 6 days straight and we had never been before, I kept telling my husband that something was missing. I wasn't getting that feeling of intimacy that I do at Disneyland. I'm sure if we went more often that feeling would grow, but it definitely made for a different experience than Disneyland.

If we didn't live so close, I'm sure I'd miss the park. Going so often can be sort of addicting, and if we were to move, I think there would be a definite period of adjustment. But we have lots of other hobbies and activities to fill our time.

Comment

I live in NorCal and can only make it out once every few years. I haven't been since 2007. FNSV wasn't even open last time I went, so there's a lot that I haven't seen yet. Also, last time I went, Splash Mountain was closed, which made me very sad. The problem with not going as often is that if a ride happens to be closed when you visit, it might be a few years before you can ride it again. I'm planning on visiting in January, but had to change my plans because I was going the day after the holiday celebrations so I had to change my plans to fit the holiday stuff in.

I wish I lived closer so I wouldn't have to worry about changing my schedule or what rides will be closed.

Comment

Even if I lived close enough to go more often I wouldn't more than 2-3 times per year, so I could keep it from getting routine. It's like being intimate with someone you really love, as much as you wanna do it, waiting makes it that much more special.

Comment

When I was younger, it would take approximately 7 hours to drive to Disneyland, so we would never go just for Disneyland. My grandma lived/lives about an hour away, so when we'd visit her for a week or so we'd visit Disneyland, generally during Christmas break, Thanksgiving break, Spring break, or Summer break (when they're tons of crowds).

This past year, though, we moved around the country, so I had a full Disneyland-less year. :[

We got our Annual Passes renewed this summer in June and since then I've been only two more times (July and November). If I could go more often, I would love to, but I can't drag my family out whenever I please.

If we were closer, like 10-20 minutes away, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to go more often.
            If we lived in another state, then we probably would go back to visiting in Summer or Christmas, because it takes money to drive out / flyplaces (we're not too fond of flying; we've driven all the way from Northern California to Texas!)
            blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
            - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
            disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
            - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
            - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
            - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

Comment

Heres another question:

For those of you who have AP's. Can you imagine instead of just running to the park for the afternoon, having to book time of work half a year in advance, then save up and spend over two thousand dollers just to go to the park for a week?

Basically the cost for me and my family can be calculated as such:
              200[13+9(t-1)] where t is how many travellers are in the group. Kinda makes you wonder who should get that 10% off.
              Last edited by Trevor; 11-09-2009, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Yes, if I lived closer, I would go more often, possibly even getting a job there if I could. We would probably upgrade to the premium passport so we could go whenever we wanted and take friends more often.

Yes, it would alter my life - and I hope we are able to!
                sigpic
                Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
                  Yes, if I lived closer, I would go more often, possibly even getting a job there if I could.
                  I would totally get a job there. I always wanted to work either as a cast member or as an imagineer. I'm studying graphic design right now and I kind of hope I can do graphic design for Disney!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                    If you are thinking or have thought of moving to "LA" just for Disneyland, you really want to look at colleges in Orange County. There is Cal State Fullerton or Cal State Long Beach (technically in LA County but on the border of Orange County). Also in Orange County near Disneyland is Chapman University and UC Irvine. There are many junior colleges in the area. The closest to Disneyland are probably Fullerton College and I'm thinking Cypress College. Orange Coast College is not too far away but is arguably the most popular jc in Orange County.
                    thanks! that really helps!
                    you might have just changed my life with that information
                    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Yes, definitely. If I lived in (or near) Anaheim, I would do anything to pick up and AP, and would go probably once a week. But on the other hand, I don't know if I would get tired of it if I went that often. Something I hopefully will one day find out when I live in SoCal
                      Oh and since we're talking about colleges, I have to apply next year! I'm scared. I really hope I get into UC Irvine. My fallback is Cal State Fullerton. I basically chose those because A. They have good arts programs and B. I want to do a Disneyland College Internship. Alright that was rather off-topic. But yes, in case you were wondering about my plans for college, there ya go

Comment

I wish I had dual citizenship. haha

Comment

i was interested in your college plans
                          i thought about UCIrvine
                          but then i forgot my units are towards csu and uc
                          Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                          You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                          Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Oh, what I wouldn't GIVE to live closer to Disneyland than I do! (Seattle, WA).

As it is now, the trips my best friends and I take have gotten progressively closer and closer to each other, to the extent that halfway through one trip we're already talking about when to have the next one. They get planned on a whim and usually within 24hrs of somebody saying, "Hey, why don't we go to [WDW/DL] [insert time, usually within 6 mos, here]?"

If I lived even with a couple hours' drive away, I'd definitely be an AP holder and almost certainly go every weekend or two. I don't think I'd tire of it. There's something incredibly special and romantic in Disneyland for me; drinking coffee on Main Street (what I hope to do in January! I *am* from Seattle, you know.. :captain, dole whips during Tiki Room, hot chocolate and fireworks, soaking in the warm California night air while the glowing light from Rancho del Zocalo floods golden over your table...

But, it's okay. January 2010 and September 2010 (08/09 New Years DL and August 2009 WDW, previously), fitting in with the usual two-trips-a-year, is good enough for now. I always have something to look forward to. And some people won't ever understand why we spend the money on the vacations that we do: and good riddance to them. :meet:
                            BK15:
                            Disney BFF and Partner-In-Crime!

Walt Disney World: 1995, August 2009
                            Disneyland: New Years 08/09, January 2010, September 2010, New Years 2011

:love::love: VALENTINE'S WEEKEND 2014:love::love:
                            ... with the Kristoff to my Anna!

:ap: Queen Elsa Is My Homegirl
                            :ap:

Comment

I want to go to the park wearing Bozo the Clown shoes. He has big feet and a sense of humor. I have big feet and need a clown's perspective of the park!
                              :blink:

If I wore the whole suit some CM's might think I'm some big wig in charge!
                              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                                I want to go to the park wearing Bozo the Clown shoes. He has big feet and a sense of humor. I have big feet and need a clown's perspective of the park!
                                :blink:

If I wore the whole suit some CM's might think I'm some big wig in charge!
                                :lol:

Freaking JC skippers and their sense of humor!

Comment

It would really be wonderful if I could go more than once every 15 years...but, as they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder, so maybe it's better this way.

Comment

I like living in AZ
                                    I think if I lived closer, I wouldn't appreciate the park.
                                    Going once or twice a year is really nice.

I'm an A/P, so I don't see myself not being one
                                    Don't know if I answered the post right
                                    but I noticed cutting back really made me love the park more.
                                    Quote by Al:
                                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                    -Al Lutz

Comment

for the last few years I've been able to go about 2-3 times a year a few days at a time to get away. half the time I'm with family, the rest solo. when I'm there on my own I spend alot of time just walking around the parks.

if I moved to the Anaheim area I would probably visit the parks 2-4 times a month, but not for all day visits. I would imaging they would be mostly late afternoon/evening visits to walk around and see the shows.

a place that is on one of the direct bus routes would be ideal. any good neighborhoods that fit the criteria within 3-5 miles of the resort?

Comment

Originally posted by gary94080 View Post
                                        a place that is on one of the direct bus routes would be ideal. any good neighborhoods that fit the criteria within 3-5 miles of the resort?
                                        Most but not all of the neighborhoods within 3-5 miles of the resort are not really that desirable. If you want to live somewhere decent you might want to live further away than that. Perhaps at least 8-10 miles away.

Comment

It's hard to say if my experience would change. We currently live in Dallas and only are able to afford trips to DL twice a year. On occasion, it's once a year depending on if we go somewhere else that year. Which by the way, every time we take a trip to SF, NOLA, CHI or NYC I'm always wishing we were at DL. Sad.

If I lived in Anaheim or close by, we've already said we'd probably go every weekend or at least every other. I'm sure the "magical" feeling we get only getting to go twice a year would diminish, and would probably spend more time paying closer attention to minute details about the park, things that change, etc. Twice a year, it always feels so new and fresh to us.

Although I have to say, even if we were going once a week I don't think I'd ever get tired of going.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X